Crazy Idea: Trade For Roquan Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Idea: Trade For Roquan Smith

You wouldn't refrain from acquiring Roquan Smith because of Jerome Baker

Yes you would cause the roles would be similar and they are betting on Baker developing into a starting weakside backer down the road.

You don’t use a day 2 pick on a lb without long term starting visions.

Is it possible to trade
Offer them Wilson, Baker, Harris and Lippit...just a bunch of players we waste time talking about while they’re wasting away on the bench.

This will be the ongoing theme next year. Talent wasting away on the bench, need to consolidate and upgrade at all thes positions of depth.

So let me get this straight
We have 2 players Wilson and Baker who have NEVER played a snap as a Dolphin
yet their wasting away on the bench ....OK
k.gif

Offer them Wilson, Baker, Harris and Lippit...just a bunch of players we waste time talking about while they’re wasting away on the bench.

This will be the ongoing theme next year. Talent wasting away on the bench, need to consolidate and upgrade at all thes positions of depth.
So the positions of strength that have good depth should be gutted because you know injuries never happen in the NFL.
And these players you speak of, wasting away on the bench are not wasting away away on the bench.
But good try. The only thing your post did was lower the collective IQ of this forum.

Yes you would cause the roles would be similar and they are betting on Baker developing into a starting weakside backer down the road.

You don’t use a day 2 pick on a lb without long term starting visions.
No way to prove who's right so agree to disagree. But if the price was right I'd be willing to bet that Miami wouldn't blink at adding a clear upgrade at their weakest position.

The whole things stupid frankly but once you use a day 2 pick on a backer you aren’t trading for his replacement 6 days into camp.

Since you insist to keep going with this foolishly name me one time it’s happened.

Where a top 2 day pick was traded hell even in the rookie season let alone 6 days into camp for a player of the same position even in a package.

Since you insist to keep going with this foolishly name me one time it’s happened.

Where a top 2 day pick was traded hell even in the rookie season let alone 6 days into camp for a player of the same position even in a package.
It's a hypothetical thread. I can't recall a time when such a highly regarded defensive player was on the block this early in his career. But IF he was, you're not going to convince me we wouldn't pull the trigger on someone who was regarded the best linebacker in the draft. You're just not.

The whole things stupid frankly but once you use a day 2 pick on a backer you aren’t trading for his replacement 6 days into camp.
I would Trade for Smith in a heart beat and if they wanted him added Baker to the package. You don't pass up on elite talent because you picked a guy in round 2

I don’t need to convince you of anything. You can’t provide an example cause there isn’t one.

Enjoy your day.

But Belichick can get him with two walk on FedEx drivers and the guy that details his car and get a second rounder thrown in. LOL this post is straight from the deepest dog days of the off season.

I don't remember how long Bosa held out, but many were concerned at the time. He's worked out alright in spite if the holdout. The Bears are still being very stupid about this, though.

It's a pipe dream of course. No fault in wishing it to happen though.

Chicago won't get the value in a trade that they would by just caving to whatever helmet rule sticking point that is holding this contract up.

It's a unique situation though so anything is possible. If a suspension could cost Smith millions in guaranteed money, I'd say it's a big deal. It would also seem impossible that Smith would hold out the whole season and re-enter next year's draft and not expect to lose ever more money.

Roquan Smith and Khalil Mack can hold out for as long as they'd like though considering we face them both in the first 6 weeks of the season.

Back
Top Bottom