Crazy Idea: Trade For Roquan Smith | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Idea: Trade For Roquan Smith

So the positions of strength that have good depth should be gutted because you know injuries never happen in the NFL.
And these players you speak of, wasting away on the bench are not wasting away away on the bench.
But good try. The only thing your post did was lower the collective IQ of this forum.

Season hasn’t started yet, so you’re technically correct. Use some simple foresight and tell me how they get any significant playing time with the current personnel? The logical conclusion from your point is that it’s ok to pay a WR 8 mil to be their 4th string WR and 6th passing option. Yes, even Drake and Gessicki will see more targets than Wilson.

Baker is their 4th LB.

If they trade Baker in a deal for Smith then your point about depth is moot. Plenty of depth at WR, DE and secondary. Need to upgrade starters (you know, the guys who play) to be great.

I thinj it goes without saying we'd all love to add Smith to our team. And as a die hard Ohio State fan i wouldn't hesitate to put Baker in the deal. That said i would rather trade them Kiko and hang onto Baker.

Surely any potential trade would have to include our 2019 1st and a player making a decent salary we would have to shed to sign Smith and have some semblance of cap space to roll over.

I would've said 0.0% chance last week. Now the needle has moved to .01%.

It was made during the draft. But it is still a trade for a player of the same position and the other team gave up more than just the other player. Is there a time limit to when the trade should be after?

I was implying once camp began which at the time when this scenario was being discussed given the Bears were already in camp and Miami was also I assumed was understood.

Timing wise.

I didn't particularly like the prospect so maybe the fins didn't either. I didn't like Baker either but I like him way more in the 3rd than Smith in the 1st. That was such a puke pick by the Bears imo. Glad he was off the table though.

I'll be comparing them both to Jefferson ... who I would've gone with in the 3rd if LB was the pick (I wanted Rudolph there but whatever).

I didn't particularly like the prospect so maybe the fins didn't either. I didn't like Baker either but I like him way more in the 3rd than Smith in the 1st. That was such a puke pick by the Bears imo. Glad he was off the table though.

I'll be comparing them both to Jefferson ... who I would've gone with in the 3rd if LB was the pick (I wanted Rudolph there but whatever).
You are talking crazy Smith has elite level instincts and the athleticism to him with it.

You are talking crazy Smith has elite level instincts and the athleticism to him with it.

Smallish thumpers aren't my thing. Good instincts against the run but never impressed me against the pass ... to the tune of 3 PDs and no picks his entire collegiate career. I asked for people to provide me with evidence to the contrary and never saw it.

I did think he would come in smaller so at least he has that going for him ... and he's a plus athlete, no doubt ... but I can't get behind guys like that in the top 10. Even Willis made it to 11 ... and Willis he ain't.

Smallish thumpers aren't my thing. Good instincts against the run but never impressed me against the pass ... to the tune of 3 PDs and no picks his entire collegiate career. I asked for people to provide me with evidence to the contrary and never saw it.

I did think he would come in smaller so at least he has that going for him ... and he's a plus athlete, no doubt ... but I can't get behind guys like that in the top 10. Even Willis made it to 11 ... and Willis he ain't.
Look at the Rose Bowl Game vs OU and how he shutdown the wheel routes and other routes over the middle. They stayed away from him because he was in position.

You can’t teach the type of instincts he has shown with the speed he has you say small but he has brought down some of the biggest backs in CFB while only missing one tackle and missing no games. Everybody considers BO Scarborough out of Bama a thumper and he shut him down.

Look at the Rose Bowl Game vs OU and how he shutdown the wheel routes and other routes over the middle. They stayed away from him because he was in position.

You can’t teach the type of instincts he has shown with the speed he has you say small but he has brought down some of the biggest backs in CFB while only missing one tackle and missing no games. Everybody considers BO Scarborough out of Bama a thumper and he shut him down.

Which half are we taking about? :wink

He didn't only have 3 PDs and 0 picks his entire career because he was in such good position QBs were staying away from him. He'd fly off the screen in that regard if that was the case. Point blank - he's not there yet against the pass. He has the athleticism and smarts to get there but that's yet to be seen ... and I'm not counting on that to develop in the top 10.

I take Edmunds over him every single time.

Which half are we taking about? :wink

He didn't only have 3 PDs and 0 picks his entire career because he was in such good position QBs were staying away from him. He'd fly off the screen in that regard if that was the case. Point blank - he's not there yet against the pass. He has the athleticism and smarts to get there but that's yet to be seen ... and I'm not counting on that to develop in the top 10.

I take Edmunds over him every single time.
To each there own I like Edmunds to but think Smith will be better for longer. I am a UGA fan so have some bias I can admit but he really just clicked his Junior year and was all over the place we will see what they do in the pro's.

Back
Top Bottom