Crazy Ideas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Ideas

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
Anybody ever have these crazy ideas concerning the offseason and what moves we should make, but you don't mention them because you don't want to sound stupid? Well I got one...

Being as how I've been preaching on how we can't neglect our Defense or it will go down hill, here's an alternate plan I came up with that would be cool.

Let Sammy Knight and Brock Marion go seeing as how their both old and expensive. Re-sign Freeman because I think he will be a solid safety for us for 3-4 years. Tender Ogun for a 1st and 3rd rounder and hope someone signs him. Then Trade off next years 1st rounder for Henson and sign Brunell (assuming he becomes FA). Sign FA's Dennis Northcutt (WR) and Dhani Jones (OLB).
Now, here's the cool part, trade our two 1st rounders up as high as we can and draft Saftey Shawn Taylor! Why? Because we'd already have our QB and WR issues resolved, and I think Taylor is the kind of player that just makes Defenses better than what they are. Then we could use our 3rd rounders to fill any needs.

I just would love to have this guy. He's gonna be Great and we deperately need some youth on our Defense. Think about it, our Defense is our Bread and Butter, they're who has made us competetive for the last 5 years. Our offense doesn't need to be a juggernaut like St. Louis or Indy. Two or Three more TD's last season and we would have been in the playoffs.

I still want KJ - I think he w/b a great WR to have opposite CC

No idea is stupid....

IMHO i would keep Marion and knight since there is some seasons left in them and they are not alot of money and the talent is there.

The reason I say this is we also need to concentrate on the O-Line in FA...we need 1 or 2 veterans not rookie linemen to help RW and whatever Qb we have.

I do agree to sign Brunel and give up a pick next year for henson, then tender Ogun (Hopefully we keep him) so we don't have to find a defensive linemen on top of our Oline woes then with the first pick in the draft #20 pick a WR or if Ogun does go still pick a WR with the first pick then pick the best on the board with a need position.

I like Northcutt. Chambers is our WR. We just need someone at #2 who can get open every now and then.

We won't need a pricy FA WR if we have a better line and QB we can just draft the next superstar..lol

Sean Taylor is awesome. I'd rather keep our 2005 first round and have two from Carey/Rivers/Clayton. Our if Henson really is that good, trade him for next years 1st and have Clayton and Carey.

Our secondary would be scary. But i think we are set their with Marion/Freeman/Knight. We need depth.

BTW I think that Taylor is the best player in this draft. Will not be a bust. Will be the best safety in this league within two years maybe even one. Is a combo of Roy Williams and Ed Reed.

I like the idea as long as you mix in some O line help in FA. Also would change Northcutt for Bruce;) That would be sweet.

I won't touch that Henson for a first next year though. The plan sounds ok (have to check it against the cap with those cuts), but there is NO WAY I will give up a first round pick for a QB that hasn't played in 3 years. A 2nd is the highest I'd go. THat's more than fair for the chance we'd take, and compensation for their 6th rounder htey spent on him.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
sean taylor a dolphin.. :woot: :woot:

start the rumors

Sean Taylor is a crackhead :goof:

So is Eli :goof:

sign Troy Vincent and make him our new starting FS - he's a great hitter for a CB and big

Originally posted by Lukin
Anybody ever have these crazy ideas concerning the offseason and what moves we should make, but you don't mention them because you don't want to sound stupid? Well I got one...

Being as how I've been preaching on how we can't neglect our Defense or it will go down hill, here's an alternate plan I came up with that would be cool.

Let Sammy Knight and Brock Marion go seeing as how their both old and expensive. Re-sign Freeman because I think he will be a solid safety for us for 3-4 years. Tender Ogun for a 1st and 3rd rounder and hope someone signs him. Then Trade off next years 1st rounder for Henson and sign Brunell (assuming he becomes FA). Sign FA's Dennis Northcutt (WR) and Dhani Jones (OLB).
Now, here's the cool part, trade our two 1st rounders up as high as we can and draft Saftey Shawn Taylor! Why? Because we'd already have our QB and WR issues resolved, and I think Taylor is the kind of player that just makes Defenses better than what they are. Then we could use our 3rd rounders to fill any needs.

I just would love to have this guy. He's gonna be Great and we deperately need some youth on our Defense. Think about it, our Defense is our Bread and Butter, they're who has made us competetive for the last 5 years. Our offense doesn't need to be a juggernaut like St. Louis or Indy. Two or Three more TD's last season and we would have been in the playoffs.

There has been alot of crazy stuff here.
Anyway, NO WAY to D early in the draft. this D has always been addressed for the last umptyump years and we've gotten no where. time to concentrate on o. Too many $$ on D as it is.

unfortunately vincent is begging to go to carolina, and we dont have that kind of money to spend on the secondary

Back
Top Bottom