Crazy Ideas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Ideas

The problem with the first post is you have not done anything about our line which is our problem in the first place. You can not fill those needs with a 3rd pick as we saw last season with Smith. It wouldnt matter who we had on D or if we had Northcutt and Brunell. **** it wouldnt matter if we had Payton Manning we still would not make the playoffs with no oline

Definitely Brad. Thats what I was gonna bring up. Our line was a bigger problem in 2003 than safety or wide receiver certainly.

I don't think we need to spend like ALL our money on the OL but we need at least like one good young guy we can bring in and count on for years be it at tackle or guard. We won't just "be fine" with the guys we have. Its possible, but not likely. We've got young guys that have been trained to eventually play (McKinney, Whitley, Yates) but there's no guarantee that they do well.

I think instead of getting Dhani Jones we'd be better off going with Greenwood and Seau. Instead of getting Dennis Northcutt we'd be better off sticking with guys we've got. And while I don't have a problem with dumping both Marion and Knight, trading two firsts for a safety might be folly. Taylor's a guy where if you're already up there you might as well take him, but if you have two first round picks, and you're lookin to trade them to get up, somewhere, safety aint a position you do that for.

Back
Top Bottom