Crazy thought? We have seen crazy but what if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy thought? We have seen crazy but what if...

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
… the Dolphins have Jones and X out because they are being traded? Just a "rumor" in my mind lol … we played without them both for 2 weeks and held our own (given our roster) ...

SPECULATION ALERT:
What compensation could/should we get IF this is on the radar?
Would you make a trade?

Don't get too snarky lol … just playing what if ...

The one thing NE always make sure it has, and pays for, is a top level CB.

Howard ain't going nowhere. Just been a precaution keeping him out as he is the most valuable asset on the team. If you did want to speculate, it's 2 firsts as a starting point but with a friendly contract extension already in place, Miami would likely need an additional high enough day 1/2 pick to be convinced enough to trade him.

The issue with Jones remains the contract, or he would of been traded/released a long time ago. It's a situation where Miami would take a bag of chips to trade him but nobody wants to pay that money. He'll have to take a significant paycut if he wants to get paid like this next year, but it won't be from us.

The one thing NE always make sure it has, and pays for, is a top level CB.

Howard ain't going nowhere. Just been a precaution keeping him out as he is the most valuable asset on the team. If you did want to speculate, it's 2 firsts as a starting point but with a friendly contract extension already in place, Miami would likely need an additional high enough day 1/2 pick to be convinced enough to trade him.

The issue with Jones remains the contract, or he would of been traded/released a long time ago. It's a situation where Miami would take a bag of chips to trade him but nobody wants to pay that money. He'll have to take a significant paycut if he wants to get paid like this next year, but it won't be from us.
Totally agree with this. Nobody wants to trade for that Jones's contract and Howard is not getting traded. I believe the Drake trade was the last one for this season.

Totally agree with this. Nobody wants to trade for that Jones's contract and Howard is not getting traded. I believe the Drake trade was the last one for this season.

I think Parker is the only realistic guy left. I doubt Miami would get an offer enticing enough to trade him but with the NFL being wide open outside of NE and SF . . . Teams are shooting their shot and jettisoning draft picks to better their chances. I think a late 1 from a contender would be the pick . . . But I don't think that deal shows up by tomorrow, if ever.

I agree. Parker would be the only one left to trade but I don't see it happening. I think one of those WR needy teams gets someone like AJ Green or Robbie Anderson.

Don't forget, Drake wanted out, we had no choice. I can't blame him for getting off this train. He's always won and this stuff is painful. Ask Minkah!

They are probably keeping Howard out at times to protect their investment in him. No sense in risking a major injury to a star this year. Turn him loose next season.

However, he was TOAST versus the opponent's #1 WR so let's not protect the investment too much. He's had one good season...let's see two.

… the Dolphins have Jones and X out because they are being traded? Just a "rumor" in my mind lol … we played without them both for 2 weeks and held our own (given our roster) ...

SPECULATION ALERT:
What compensation could/should we get IF this is on the radar?
Would you make a trade?

Don't get too snarky lol … just playing what if ...

Seen this thrown around,
Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs. Diggs has been vocal about his displeasure and has asked to be traded.
X for Diggs....is this worth thinking about. We do need a #1 WR... imagine with Juedy or CeeDee drafted

Seen this thrown around,
Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs. Diggs has been vocal about his displeasure and has asked to be traded.
X for Diggs....is this worth thinking about. We do need a #1 WR... imagine with Juedy or CeeDee drafted

Would be a terrible trade for us. This might be the deepest WR class ever. X is a top CB.

I think Parker is the only realistic guy left. I doubt Miami would get an offer enticing enough to trade him but with the NFL being wide open outside of NE and SF . . . Teams are shooting their shot and jettisoning draft picks to better their chances. I think a late 1 from a contender would be the pick . . . But I don't think that deal shows up by tomorrow, if ever.
LOL on one of the jets forums, they think they can pick Parker off for a conditional 5th

Back
Top Bottom