Create First Picks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Create First Picks?

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
The Raiders now have picks 4, 24, and 27 for the April draft.
Should we trade players (Drake, Wake, Howard, other?) for pics?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gruden looks to deal Carr for picks

You won't get 1st's for those guys.
I think Howard would've fetched a 1st before the deadline, maybe still but it'd be harder now with his contract demands and it essentially being a 1 year rental if he's not extended. Tunsil should fetch a 1st in theory but teams rarely go out of their way to trade for LTs. Either way, I'd rather have both on the team unless someone was willing to seriously overpay.

I think Howard would've fetched a 1st before the deadline, maybe still but it'd be harder now with his contract demands and it essentially being a 1 year rental if he's not extended. Tunsil should fetch a 1st in theory but teams rarely go out of their way to trade for LTs. Either way, I'd rather have both on the team unless someone was willing to seriously overpay.

Tunsil should def get you a 1st+. He's the only player who would with any certainty, but unless a team gives you crazy compensation, trading your LT is not a good idea. Trading away good OL in general js a bad idea, which is probably why you don't see it happen often.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gruden looks to deal Carr for picks

I really would not be surprised if Jon Gruden trades Derek Carr two weeks before the first game of the season and 'has no choice' but to roll with Nathan Peterman, because he can 'run the offense.'

The Raiders now have picks 4, 24, and 27 for the April draft.
Should we trade players (Drake, Wake, Howard, other?) for pics?

To get a Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins, absolutely. The franchise will go nowhere until we find a QB capable of taking this team on their back and moving this franchise forward. It really doesn't matter how good a few other players are on your roster, until you have an elite talent under center we'll forever be in the wilderness. Goff, Brady, Mahomes and Brees, your final four teams' QBs, see the common theme ?

With Tunsil and X being as young as they are, at premium positions, I don't think you trade them. You trade if you have a surplus, or if they are a little older, maybe....
I think you just keep trading out of 13, add picks this year, picks next year, little by little it will add up. Trade all the way out of the first round even. Trade down a little in the second.Keep adding. Then try to nail those linemen with picks in the 2-3 round range. I just think it's too hard to find LT and CB, and if you can be re-set in two-three years, you don't want to be looking AGAIN for LT's and CB's when you traded away two studs.

Look I don't mind the tanking part of all of this but to trade or get rid of two crucial pieces in a CB and LT is stupidity personified. Its not like we are overpaying for everyone on the roster. We have to pay SOMEONE. Cut the non performers but out new QB is going to be our cornerstone and MUST be protected! I love coming to the sight I just do not see the logic sometimes. We can suck for one year. Come out of the haze and still have a young core with a Tua, Fromm and Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Ballege, Taylor, Fitzpatrick, etc...

You won't get 1st's for those guys.

X plus swapping firsts may get you into the top 5 though which is probably what we need to land Murray or Haskins (the only two I would be happy to see us move up for). If we have to throw in a 3rd or 4th too then so be it.

We can probably net a first on draft night. Saints were willing to give up a lot to do it. We can net a number of mid round picks by passing off veteran player who will contribute to position needy teams.

X plus swapping firsts may get you into the top 5 though which is probably what we need to land Murray or Haskins (the only two I would be happy to see us move up for). If we have to throw in a 3rd or 4th too then so be it.

That's def more plausible. Would do it for Murray but not Haskins.

So you trade guys who are already playing like super high first round picks, for first round picks next year that you hope might play like super high first round picks (but very possibly won't)?

Where is the advantage in doing that (other than saving some money)?

I found it funny and impressive that the Patriots were paying their left tackle 1.7 million. So is it really crazy trading Tunsil? I wouldn’t unless it secured a QB I want.

Back
Top Bottom