"Cris Carter Maybe Coming To Miami" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Cris Carter Maybe Coming To Miami"

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
Put Baker out there... he was great in the Preseason..

Sure, take Robert Baker over Cris Carter. He may have been great in the preseason, but so were the Rams and Jets. What does that tell you about preseason?:rolleyes:

This guy has the right idea... AND...

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Oh yeah, sure. You guys are full of it now. If you were to find out Oronde is out for the season, you wouldn't like Cris in there. He is still a hell of a competitor, and he can catch a ball better than anybody. You never know what a REAL organization can do for him, rather than crappy Minnesota. I say if OG is out, toss the money at Cris, he'll be worth it. Don't trash me, it's just my take. He has not been out of football too long, he did play last season. Look what Jerry Rice is doing at his age. Give him a shot, bring him on in. GO PHINS!!!

Annnnnnnnnnd... listen up...

Anybody wonder WHY when negotiations went "sour" with Carter that Wanny and Co. seemed to treat the matter with gloves. Seriously, think back. Wanny was SUPER (no pun intended) careful to NOT say anything to diss Carter. Hmmmm....

Just makes me wonder if he wasn't thinking "You NEVER know."

Well... that's right! And I, for one, think Carter COULD contribute to this team. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!

If we have the money why not. Only if OG is lost. I don't want to depend on Mcdrops in the playoffs we all know what happen last year. We proved we have a real chance this year of winning it nobody knows what going to happen next year. Football is a win now league. One year you good next year free agency eats your team up. I just hope injuries don't kill us this year.

Out of shape?

Originally posted by fin-atic
Heard from where?
Was it a reliable source?

Not being in shape and being old, I wouldn't be too excited.

Not the Chris Carter that I know. Just because you see Chris on TV doesn't mean that he isn't active in the weight room on a regulary basis. Remember that Chris has a workout regimen that rivals Jerry Rice's in which other pro players attend....even Randy Moss did at one point. Carter will always be in shape....and just like Deion Sanders always preach, "Veterans don't need a pre-season!!".

The only thing that would take a bit of time is the chemistry between Carter and the QB...and maybe becoming familiar with the basics of Norv's system.

****, I say if OG is back, break his freaking wrist and sign Carter. I love Oronde, but geez I'll take Carter any day of the week, and twice on Sunday over Gadsden.

I always said Bring Carter here...but noooooooo you guys wouldnt listen, you thought he was cancer.....wheres Darnay Scott these days anyways?

P.S. Why would OG be out for the year? is he hurt that bad? I thought it was just a bruised wrist.

I just posted this on another thread but here goes. This is from the 'Fins insider just released about 1/2 hour ago in an interview with Wanny:

Q: Are you going to pursue Cris Carter?
A: "Right now we're fine. Chambers, we're optimistic he'll play this week, but his is not a long-term deal by any means. Oronde, we're still a little bit uncertain."

Q: But if you lose Oronde is that a situation where you might decide . . .
A: "We haven't even thought that far down the road. We're just optimistic he'll be back this week."

Take it for what you will but nothing's certain about Gadsden as of yet so, therefore, nothing's certain about Carter.

We're in enough cap trouble as it is, Carter would cut it mighty close to the limit and I really don't want to lose any of the players that made this orgznization so great.

Back
Top Bottom