Cris Carter not winning any popularity contests...according to Pro Football Talk | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter not winning any popularity contests...according to Pro Football Talk

6-2 see it. Believe it. And lets hope the world hold off on the accolades from it. That hurts them more than anything. The team needs to be sequestered like a jury from outside opinion

I'm not sure how this thread got from Carter to Green Bay. I'm expecting and hoping for a Green Bay win, but it's a little silly to talk about snow and winter weather. I haven't looked at the long range weather forecasts, but Green Bay in early November can have temps in the 50's as easily as they can temps in the 20's and 30's. I don't think Miami would be slowed at all by temps in the 50s with a calm wind. Even when Miami comes to Buffalo in December, there's no guarrantee of wintry weather. It could be sunny and 55.

I just went to the climate prediction scenter of the National Oceanics and Aeronautics administration. They do long range weather predictions. They are projecting odds for cooler than normal temperatures in an area that includes Wisconsin, along with odds for normal precipitation amounts for 8-14 days out, October 30-November 5. There will still be day by day variations. That's not a guarrantee of a snowstorm, but it's probably going to be chilly.

The weather will likely be a factor. I remember someone earlier bringing up the Leon Lett Bowl on Thanksgiving a few years back. Trust me... the cold is not the same here (in Texas) as it is there. 30 degrees here just isn't the same as 30 degrees there, snow or not.

All that aside, Cris Carter did say that he liked playing in Green Bay. But he hasn't had his "career" days there. He made that comment after it was a sure thing he was leaving Mini-sota, and he was making an overture to the Packers. Brett responded back in the media and told him, in so many words, to forget about it. :lol:

From The Beloit (Wisconsin) Daily News late last season: Carter made his harshest rebuke yet of Moss during a conference call Wednesday in which he also said he's thought about playing for the Green Bay Packers.

Imagine Carter in a Packers uniform.

Carter already has.

"I've thought about it,'' he said.

That's a notion sure to make fans cringe on both sides of the Minnesota-Wisconsin border, not to mention add spice to the rivalry that resumes Sunday when the Vikings visit Lambeau Field. But if Jerry Rice can go from San Francisco to Oakland, couldn't Carter leave the Metrodome for Titletown?

Asked what it would be like to catch passes from three-time MVP Brett Favre, Carter said he'd rather talk about it after the season.

"It would really ruffle some people or rub people the wrong way right now and I don't want to do that,'' Carter said. "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen.''

Favre said he wasn't sure Carter would be a good fit in Green Bay, where the quarterback doesn't put up with receivers' jawing for the ball the way Carter and Moss are known to do with Daunte Culpepper.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom