Critiqueing out Players

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
I think it is very funny how sensative our fans our when someone criticisizes our players, most of all Jay Feidler. Obviously the guy has some flaws as well as good traits that keep me beleaving that he will bring us to the promise land. I mean i could find problems with Kurt Werners game, so to those that think Jay is perfect you need to get a clue. The other player that Dolphans won't ever admit has any flaws is Zach. Obviously he does make more plays than he misses, but every one screws up some times, unless your a Dolphin in the eyes of the majority of its fans. I mean we all bash all the Bills homers who think that Drew Bledsoe is an all-pro, but then most of us turn around and try to pretend that Jay hasn't thrown just 1 more TD than ints in the past 2 seasons. I just think some would have a better idea of our football team if they could look at it a little but more objectively.
 

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
52,174
Reaction score
6,405
Location
Tampa, FL
In my analysis of the scrimmage I made a pointed criticism of Zach Thomas who looked like he was completely taking the first series off and being lazy. Notice next time the 1st team D was in there, he was tackling and making an effort. I think someone told him to stop being so lazy.
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
28
Location
Anchorage, AK
Yeah, but dejesus, Jay didn't even play in the scrimmage and you still managed to bash him one way or the other, directly or indirectly. Some of you just can't lay off of him. I just think it's funny how you can throw in your 2 cents about your dislike of Jay when he wasn't even playing. So yeah, I am going to burst out when I see little comments about Jay like the "Jay throw Ducks" comment when you criticized R.Lucas. I don't think Jay is perfect, but I also don't add my 2 cents of good faith about him when posting about someone else.
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Originally posted by chambers84
Yeah, but dejesus, Jay didn't even play in the scrimmage and you still managed to bash him one way or the other, directly or indirectly. Some of you just can't lay off of him. I just think it's funny how you can throw in your 2 cents about your dislike of Jay when he wasn't even playing. So yeah, I am going to burst out when I see little comments about Jay like the "Jay throw Ducks" comment when you criticized R.Lucas. I don't think Jay is perfect, but I also don't add my 2 cents of good faith about him when posting about someone else.
I have also said countless times how i have faith in him this season, and that there has been no one else that we could have got that i would want over Jay. I have also said countless times how Jay has the heart of 10 players, and he is a born leader. I am sorry if you can't come to terms with the fact that he throws ducks on occasion. You said he has only done this 2-3 times in the past few years, well here are my examples that you are wrong:

1st Jets game 2nd int. He threw an out to CC i think about 20 yards down feild with 30 seconds or so left. Victor Green had enough time to tie his shoes before he stepped in front to make the int.

Tampa game 2 years ago final drive. He tried to get it to OG on the sideline the ball was in the air so long 3 bucs stepped in front of OG but only one made the int.

Seattle game last year. 10 yard out to the other side of the feild to CC i think the Seahawk defender came from the hot dog stand on his way to that int.

First indy game this year 2 passes. Both passes along the sideline the first a fly route by CC where he beet his defender by 5 yards, but had to come to a complete stop and jump atleast 3 feet in the air( i am not sure if he caught it, but it should have been a TD. The 2nd to OG on 3rd and 13. OG was wide open when he made his move, but Jay put it at least 2 feet over his head forceing him to make a spectacular catch to keep the drive alive, he could have had at least 10 yards after the catch if Jay zipped it to him.

I am bored now, but if you want more please ask. Dispite all that i still like Jay and think he will have a great season, but i wont ignore it when he makes a mistake.
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
28
Location
Anchorage, AK
Find where I said he only did it 2-3 times in the past few years?? I never said that. You're not getting my point because your obviously too thick-headed. So I am done with this topic. And I want post comments on these particular posts anymore. C84
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Originally posted by chambers84
Find where I said he only did it 2-3 times in the past few years?? I never said that. You're not getting my point because your obviously too thick-headed. So I am done with this topic. And I want post comments on these particular posts anymore. C84
I am thick headed? You made that statement no more than an hour before you posted this BS. Here is the statement that you never made it can also be found in my offenive scrimage thread.

As much as Dejesus doesn't want to hear this Jay would have been way better than Ray Lucas in the first drive. He is obviuosly the better Quarterback. Jay also doesn't usually throw ducks down the field. That is a misconception created by a couple of plays and then talked about for almost 3 years now.

Do you see the last sentence? What does couple mean to you? I thought it meant 2 give or take 1, but i guess i am just being thick headed.
 

Baz

Ephemeral
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,525
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Dajeseus, what I think he means is people tend to remember a couple bad throws that cost the 'Fins the game, and focus on that.

Example: Against the Bucs back in his first season, only like 30 seconds left, raining really hard, he throws a bad pass and is picked off by Damien Robinson.

There were obviously others, but people will remember these plays, while not realize that Fiedler will make conistently good throws. I know I'm going to get flamed for that statement, but its the truth.....
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
0
Are you talking about people getting mad about Brooks comments about Jay? If you are, then you're wrong. Brooks comments are total B.S.

If you're not talking about Brooks, then I'll say this about Fiedler. He won't throw for 30 TDs, make the All Pro Team, or the HOF(I only say this b/c a few Bills fans think Drew is a HOFer), BUT if RW keeps defenses honest then give me one reason why a healthy Jay can't be an alternate for the Pro Bowl?
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Originally posted by BMarion31
Dajeseus, what I think he means is people tend to remember a couple bad throws that cost the 'Fins the game, and focus on that.

Example: Against the Bucs back in his first season, only like 30 seconds left, raining really hard, he throws a bad pass and is picked off by Damien Robinson.

There were obviously others, but people will remember these plays, while not realize that Fiedler will make conistently good throws. I know I'm going to get flamed for that statement, but its the truth.....
No we weren't talking about that at all. Chambers84, who i will now refer to as boob, said Jay doesn't ever throw ducks that he only did twice but people like myself over dramatized and made others beleave this fallacy. Actully we weren't even talking about that we were talking about how homers can't deal with the truth when it applies to their favorite team. But i guess the convo ended when boob got amneisia and ran away crying, and let me note threw his wimpering decided to throw out some insults.
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
28
Location
Anchorage, AK
Well I thought I was done with this, but Bmarion 31 was right. Who really cares now?? But my point is still clear. You brought up Jay's ability that really had nithing to do with him. You just had to throw in your 2 cents, because you just couldn't help yourself. It's OK Dejesus.....Dan Marino is gone, you can let it go, life will go on, and The Dolphins will go on to win the Super Bowl, and we will both be happy at the same time. So are we done with this topic yet?? I am how about you.
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
558
Age
17
Location
Maryland
While I loved Dan his inability to run cost us to..and he also tried to force a lot of balls..so Dan wasn't perfect..But he did enough to be Dan Marino..Jay is our QB and I back him 100%..He screwed up just like a lot of other players..our players and no other other players are perfect..we just hope they do enough to get to the SB. We can find fault in every player in the NFL..We laugh at the thought of NE being the SB champs over SL...but look...on any given Sunday.
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Originally posted by chambers84
Well I thought I was done with this, but Bmarion 31 was right. Who really cares now?? But my point is still clear. You brought up Jay's ability that really had nithing to do with him. You just had to throw in your 2 cents, because you just couldn't help yourself. It's OK Dejesus.....Dan Marino is gone, you can let it go, life will go on, and The Dolphins will go on to win the Super Bowl, and we will both be happy at the same time. So are we done with this topic yet?? I am how about you.
Lesson man I can't stand when people put words in my mouth. I have NEVER said anything about Dan Marino since he retired nor do I ever want to compare another QB to Dan or think anyone should be compared to him. I also have said the opposite of what you are trying to get me to say many times. I THINK JAY WILL HAVE A GOOD YEAR! I am happy he is our QB. I compared Ray's arm strength to Jay's because he is a Dolphin QB; thus, the comparrison has merrit. When commetning on Ray's arm I wouldn't compare him to Ricky Williams because that wouldn't make since. Is Jay your son or somehting? Did it really hurt you that i made a comment about his arm strength? If i hurt your fealings with my comment I apolagize. Did my earlier post help clear up your amneisia? I am done now.

To the other posters that have had the misfortune of reading my little spat with boob I deeply apolagize. I just am sick of this guy jumping all over me anytime i bring up Jay's name. Last time he responded to one of my threads he told me that i should change teams, leave finheaven, and that i was a horible fan. I try to back up what i say with examples, but all he does is make outlandish claims and insults me. So I am sorry if i got carried away.
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
28
Location
Anchorage, AK
Originally posted by Dajesus


Lesson man I can't stand when people put words in my mouth. I have NEVER said anything about Dan Marino since he retired nor do I ever want to compare another QB to Dan or think anyone should be compared to him. I also have said the opposite of what you are trying to get me to say many times. I THINK JAY WILL HAVE A GOOD YEAR! I am happy he is our QB. I compared Ray's arm strength to Jay's because he is a Dolphin QB; thus, the comparrison has merrit. When commetning on Ray's arm I wouldn't compare him to Ricky Williams because that wouldn't make since. Is Jay your son or somehting? Did it really hurt you that i made a comment about his arm strength? If i hurt your fealings with my comment I apolagize. Did my earlier post help clear up your amneisia? I am done now.

To the other posters that have had the misfortune of reading my little spat with boob I deeply apolagize. I just am sick of this guy jumping all over me anytime i bring up Jay's name. Last time he responded to one of my threads he told me that i should change teams, leave finheaven, and that i was a horible fan. I try to back up what i say with examples, but all he does is make outlandish claims and insults me. So I am sorry if i got carried away.

I just said to switch teams, I never told you to leave finheaven. I didn't mean to upset you so much. Don't take it all to heart. I don't always bash you. It just seems that whenever there is an opportunity to bash Jay, it's done, by someone on this board. It just happened to be you. I read what you wrote and took it into context. I apologize for that. Like I said before i'm over it, and we will both be happy Come January 2003. By the way, what size boob am I?? Do I have big nipples?? LOL!!
 

finfan54

Griese Club
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Messages
26,170
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by ckparrothead
In my analysis of the scrimmage I made a pointed criticism of Zach Thomas who looked like he was completely taking the first series off and being lazy. Notice next time the 1st team D was in there, he was tackling and making an effort. I think someone told him to stop being so lazy.
No, in case you didnt notice, the whole damn team wasnt tackling anyone. there was probably an agreement to go light on the first series. then we turned up the heat. key word there is heat. teh index was 120 degrees. which is why they cut it short. zach was doing nothing but following orders.
 

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
52,174
Reaction score
6,405
Location
Tampa, FL
Just because there was no tackling it doesn't mean you can just hand slap Eddie George and be satisfied with that. When we got the ball on offense in the very same drill, the Titans players weren't tackling but they WERE being physical, squaring up, and stopping the player, rather than being satisfied with just reaching out a hand and touching him and saying to yourself "in a game i could have gotten him" when in all likelihood, thats not true.
 
Top Bottom