Croyle vs. Cutler: You Make The Call | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle vs. Cutler: You Make The Call

I agree with your Cutler analysis and personally think he is a 15-27 type pick. His personality and such needs to be checked REAL closely (Ryan Leaf!!!)I watched some games the other night looking at a few QB's and the other thing I noticed (and it may be what you said about "footwork"), is that he double clutches and gets off balance ...alot. That could mean a lack of confidence or just piss poor mechanics. His balance as a thrower is average at best...and a QB's passing is all about rythem. While he reads defenses well, information does not seem to process to his delivery quickly...i.e. he knows where to go quickly, but does not get it there quickly...actually from what I watched Whitehurst is head and shoulders above everyone except Leinart in that respect. As for Croyle IMO he shows alot more arm strength on his deep balls than his outs and when he needs a rope. Cutler has more "natural velocity" than Croyle without having to muscle up like Croyle does(Croyle and muscles in the same sentance is odd). Not where they will go but if I were king...Cutler around 15-20, Leinart at 4-10, Young at 12-15, Whitehurst at 60-70, Croyle at 65-75, Jacobs at 115-125, and in the 6-7 area...Erik Meyer, Reggie McNeal, Gradkowski, Betts, Brad Smith. Vick, Shockley, Olsen, Pinegar, Hackney and Clemens would all be undrafted in my world.......my opinon only..and it counts as ....notta!!

Ghetti13 said:

Conclusion:
Physically, Jay is a top ten prospect. He has a great frame, shows excellent velocity, and is a pinpoint passer when he sets his feet and steps into the throw. However, I have serious questions about his intangible. He is always sitting by himself on the sidelines. You never see him smile. He is always yelling at teammates or rolling his eyes when talking to coaches. Also, the fact that his footwork is so bad makes me think it is possible that he is “un-coachableâ€Â. However, in his defense, he has wasted away on a bad team that struggles when pass protecting and drops many passes in clutch situations.
To me, the bottom line is that even if this behavior is a direct result of playing for Vanderbilt for four years, Jay Cutler is still going to have to be completely “re-built†as a quarterback. That can take years. Therefore, you better be sure about his mental makeup before you draft him, because if you’re not, and he does possess the mental make-up I am describing, you will have wasted a draft pick.

LIQUID24 said:
I do think Cutler is better than Croyle, but I'd rather take Croyle in the 3rd than Cutler in the 1st.

My sentiments exactly. I have absolute faith in Sabans player analysis. It would not shock me to see Cutler available at 16.

In_Flames said:
got to go with Croyle on this one for the simple fact he can be had in the 2nd round which allows us to draft a top defensive talent in the first...and when comparing talents I really don't see that 'big' dropoff of QB's after Cutler like some may say...im impressed with Croyle, although he definitely needs to put on a few lbs.

You got that right

Ghetti13 said:
I am not anti-Cutler. I just go on what I see. There are four areas where Cutler is better than Croyle. Arm strength / Athletic Ability / Injury History / Build.

Croyle is better in all other regards. Accuracy / Decision Making / Poise. Those are the three things that mean the most to me.

Both have issues, but, IF Croyle's knees check out, I would rate him higher than Cutler.

I think Cutler is a 2nd round pick.

So you were the author of those appraisals?................Thats explains it.

Nuff said!

yeh... I'd take Omar Jacobs instead of either these two guys. But I think Saban will go with Cutler

I think what it comes down to is value. The chances of Cutler being there at 16 are slim. I would much rather get Croyle in the second than to have to trade up to snatch Cutler.

Dolfan_Noles said:
I think what it comes down to is value. The chances of Cutler being there at 16 are slim. I would much rather get Croyle in the second than to have to trade up to snatch Cutler.

:yes: exactly....

i agree if cutler is gone i have no problem drafting croyle or whitehurst if theyre available in the second round

Pocoloco said:
yeh... I'd take Omar Jacobs instead of either these two guys. But I think Saban will go with Cutler

Wow

Back
Top Bottom