Crunch time for Sage! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crunch time for Sage!

Berlin will never be a quality NFL startup (backup material). We need to find someone with better potential.

Jnaledu3 said:
He wont knock off Sage. Sage is possibly the best QB on the roster. If anyone, he would knock off Feeley.

A little voice in my head tells me this is true. The voice tells me Fiedler was handed the starting job without giving Sage a fair shot. It tells me the same thing happened with Feeley. Then I tell my voice that a coach's job rides on his ability to put together a winning team, and putting the best QB out there will increase the chances of winning, so it stands to reason that the coaching staff has found Sage lacking in something, though I don't know what that something is.

I hope the QB competition is wide open during the first full minicamp, and if Sage shows he is at least on par with Feeley and Frerotte then he should continue to be considered as a possible starter.

outlawd2u said:
With Sage reportedly bein the best QB in camp, and performing better than feeley last year in camp, what in God's name makes you think Brock Berlin will even make the team???? Hell, none of these UFA's we just signed might not make the team. They were undrafted for a reason, and while they still may have talent, it is in noway shape or form a given that they will show more talent than what we already have on the roster.

You say, "they are undrafted for a reason". Well, Sage is perenial third string for a reason, strong arm, best camp performance and all! There are undrafted players in the NFL that are doing quite well, you know.

Sage Rosenfels is the ONLY QB on this roster who has any upside or who has any long-range future with this franchise. If any of these guys has a chance at all to mature into something worth keeping, it is Rosenfels. He is young and getting better. He could be 2nd string around here for a long time- I do not think he ever projects as a starter. We have GOT to get a starter-quality QB in here and quit wasting our time on castoffs like frerotte and feeley. frerotte will be serviceable, and barely tolerable, for a year, but we need a TRADE or a DRAFT PICK IN 2006. Even that is 1 year too late.

TRADE for Rivers or Ramsey :yell:

:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2
dolphingator said:
Sage Rosenfels is the ONLY QB on this roster who has any upside or who has any long-range future with this franchise. If any of these guys has a chance at all to mature into something worth keeping, it is Rosenfels. He is young and getting better. He could be 2nd string around here for a long time- I do not think he ever projects as a starter. We have GOT to get a starter-quality QB in here and quit wasting our time on castoffs like frerotte and feeley. frerotte will be serviceable, and barely tolerable, for a year, but we need a TRADE or a DRAFT PICK IN 2006. Even that is 1 year too late.

TRADE for Rivers or Ramsey :yell:

YAWNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!:shakeno:

hes gonna get cut he sucks. he was terrible at um. sure he had a winning record, but even the coaching staff didnt have confidence in him.

Jnaledu3 said:
He wont knock off Sage. Sage is possibly the best QB on the roster. If anyone, he would knock off Feeley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingator

TRADE for Rivers or Ramsey
clear.gif

I'm glad to see you guys have faith in our new coach's decision to not draft a quaterback. He must see something in Feeley that you guys are too blind to see. If you want to blame the 2004 season on Feeley, thats fine. Just be ready to eat crow if and when he flourishes under a system with creativity, instead of Wad-ball. Not guaranteeing, just predicting. BTW, what has Rivers or Ramsey done in the NFL to make you think they would have done well last year in that horrid offense?

:evil::evil::evil:

West-Fin_Fan said:
Again, the 2 spot comment was a stretch, and I did say within that stretch, "by mid season". However, still a stretch. He can for sure beat out sage for the 3 spot though.

Wow, talk about loyalty to your college team. Brock Berlin couldn't beat out Clint Stoener (IMHO), who couldn't beat out Sage, who couldn't beat out Gus, who won't beat out AJ.

West-Fin_Fan said:
It is my firm belief that Brock berlin has what it takes to make the 3rd spot at QB and send Sage packing. Any takers? Hell, I might even stretch and put him at the 2 spot by mid season!

Hold on there Nellly...

Now I don't have much faith in Sage as a starting QB, but what makes you think Berlin is any better ?? He has had superior talent around him for his entire college career and has only been mediocre in performance. He has been inconsistent as a starter and needs to get himself into a hole, before he comes to life especially against top competition. Even Dorsey was a better QB at UM than BB...lets forget this idea about him and see if Sage wakes up a little before we go annointing Berlin...

West-Fin_Fan said:
You say, "they are undrafted for a reason". Well, Sage is perenial third string for a reason, strong arm, best camp performance and all! There are undrafted players in the NFL that are doing quite well, you know.

but, but, but think of all the teams that lined up to sign sage when he was a free agent. think of the bidding war!

he's the pro bowler that nobody wants!

West-Fin_Fan said:
It is my firm belief that Brock berlin has what it takes to make the 3rd spot at QB and send Sage packing. Any takers? Hell, I might even stretch and put him at the 2 spot by mid season!

you are delusional. brock berlin has as much of a shot as making it to the roster as you or i. hell, if we need it to be a competition sage should throw lefty.

Sage is toast in Miami. Good ridance, if the guy is such a great player then why the hell was he playing 3rd string behind all of these supposed terrible quarterbacks in fiedler, griese, and feeley. Brock Berlin has a great arm and if Lienhan can coach him up he could be our starter for years or at least be a solid backup. Sage will be gone and Berlin will be our 3rd string QB this year. This is just a prediction but Sage had his time to prove himslef and guess what he didn't show the team anything.

I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between the QB's we have on our roster...sure AJ, Sage and Brock have more potential than Gus (because he is a veteran and may have peaked) but I don't think it matters who starts or who makes the team...who ever plays will need help, an effective running game, solid blocking and above average receiving....bottom line is that we need an upgrade at QB, because neither of these guys are capable of taking over a game like Dan the Man.

West-Fin_Fan said:
I know. Like I said, I'm stretching. I like the kid, so I'll be rooting for him to make progress.

I rooted for him the whole time at UM for him to get better..He did, but not to what everyone thought he should have. I don't think he'll make this team. We're already deep with AJ, Frerotte, and Sage already signed too. I still think Sage is the best QB we have.

Brock Berlin has no arm, no accuracy, no mobilty and no intelligence.

Sage has a good arm, no accuracy, limited mobility and doesn't seem terribly bright.

These are the only choices???? Can I take none of the above?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom