Culpepper's new Press Release.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper's new Press Release....

Yessir

Dolfan for Life
Reaction score
“PRESS RELEASE FROM DAUNTE CULPEPPER
In 2004 when I broke Dan Marino’s record for total yards in a season I remembered wishing that I could have done it in Miami where people would have appreciated the feat. When the opportunity came to actually come down here I worked tirelessly with Randy Mueller to make sure that I would be traded to Miami and no other team. I adjusted my deal so that it would be best for the Dolphins because I wanted to be here that bad. Part of my frustration is that I now have to let go of a dream that has become a nightmare. Up until Wednesday, I had every belief that I would have at least one more season to give the Dolphins organization and fans, so that they could see me do what they all expected from me. Unfortunately that is not going to happen in a Dolphins uniform.

I want to thank the Dolphins organization for providing me a job while I have been in the difficult process of regaining my health from the two knee injuries. I also want to thank my former teammates for their encouragement during the long process of rehabilitation. I was looking forward to showing them my progress on the field during this mini-camp. I am especially thankful that I have had an opportunity to spend the last year with my mother here in Florida before she passed away. If that was the only reason I was traded to Miami then it was well worth the time I got to spend with her.
I am now waiting for the Dolphins management to do what is right and fair by granting my release so that I can find a team that will appreciate my talent and love for the game. I do not want to cause any disruption while I want, so I will only be at the facility in order to run and lift. What happened (Friday) in the team meeting and on the field was unfair to both me and my teammates. The NFLPA legal department is reviewing the situation and Gene Upshaw has encouraged me to continue to be patient and professional.â€Â

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...007/06/09/culpeppers_entire_press_releas.html

This is situation needs to be delt with professionally from both sides and obviously so far it doesn't like it going to be that way...Not good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami is bringing this on themselves, I think Pep will be cut by the end of this weekend . . . I think tho getting a pick would be cool, it still would be best to just cut our losses, start fresh with the new regime . . . why is this hard for the Fins to understand. I was the biggest Pep supporter, but I am a Miami Dolphins fan first and foremost . . . and they really have handled this so poorly . . .

I mean either let the guy compete @ QB (whether its competition or waiting for a trade) or cut him . . . it is against league rules what they are doing and has gotta be a turn off to current players and future FA acquisitions. Even KC had Trent running plays @ camp, c'mon CAMRAM . . . u guys are better than this.

It truly breaks my heart to see CP go. I know that bringing Green was the best option, but CP is a real classy guy. There are not many like him in the team.

I mean either let the guy compete @ QB (whether its competition or waiting for a trade) or cut him . . . it is against league rules what they are doing and has gotta be a turn off to current players and future FA acquisitions. Even KC had Trent running plays @ camp, c'mon CAMRAM . . . u guys are better than this.
I agree. I like CAMRAM, but so far the way they are handling CP's situation is not what I expected.

It's best just to cut ties now because they will be no compensation given for Daunte with his refusal to restructure...And nobody is in desperation to acquire hm similiar to how we were with Trent Green..

It's pointless to let this drag on.

I agree that we need to just cut ties with him. However, we didn't lock him out. He's allowed to workout at the building and is allowed to do individual drills. Culpepper is the one who walked off the field.

lets not forget that this is a business. the front office is trying to get something out of the investment they made last year. it is not malicious towards daunte, its business. they are protecting their investment from injury by restricting him from group activities, while allowing him to participate in individual drills. daunte is the one being difficult here, he is blocking trades in order to prevent this team from reaping anything for him. how much did he make last year? what did we get for that investment?

The Dolphins no longer have the "class" that they did in the Shula years. They were a franchise that was looked up to. Now they are being called disfunctional at best. Even a couple of years ago, Ferrote complained about being told to sit, so he wouldn't reach his incentives.

I hope the Dolphins turn around and become a winning and class organization that they are capable of.

I don't think he's classy at all. He lied about his health last year so he could start, putting us in a 1-4 hole. He is lying today about his health so that he can still be considered a starter.
He's acting like a big baby by blocking a trade. It shows no respect for the Dolphins or us as fans. We wasted a 2nd round pick on him and now he's trying to keep us from getting any kind of positive reimbursment for him. He will have sucked the Dolphins dry of a high draft pick and almost $10,000,000 by the time he is gone. For what, 1 squeaker of a win against Tenn. What an a$$ hole. Hey Daunte... Go F yourself.

I agree that we need to just cut ties with him. However, we didn't lock him out. He's allowed to workout at the building and is allowed to do individual drills. Culpepper is the one who walked off the field.

No what he did in that instance was become the bigger person. He realized that he wouldn't get his shot and decided not to disrupt the practice efforts of his teammates. This is all Miami's fault. If they had just been straight with the guy we would not have this media circus on our hands.

5.5 million base, some additonal bonus money, and a 2nd round pick...All for nothing. He brought nothing to the table..He isn't the same player and won't be.

But the writing is on the wall, nothing will be given up for him at all...No team is in that desperate of a situation right now. So while you would to have some compensation for the return investment, it's simply not going to happen. The high road needs to be taken and just cut the loss..

If Mueller/Cam come out of this with a pick..I'd be pretty damn shocked.

No what he did in that instance was become the bigger person. He realized that he wouldn't get his shot and decided not to disrupt the practice efforts of his teammates. This is all Miami's fault. If they had just been straight with the guy we would not have this media circus on our hands.

:sidelol::sidelol:
If that is what you want to believe, then so be it.

5.5 million base, some additonal bonus money, and a 2nd round pick...All for nothing. He brought nothing to the table..He isn't the same player and won't be.

But the writing is on the wall, nothing will be given up for him at all...No team is in that desperate of a situation right now. So while you would to have some compensation for the return investment, it's simply not going to happen. The high road needs to be taken and just cut the loss..

If Mueller/Cam come out of this with a pick..I'd be pretty damn shocked.[/quote]

I think we all would be.:)

Back
Top Bottom