Outside Linebacker (2) 1%
Inside Linebacker (1) 1%
Cornerback (0) 0%
Strong Safety (0) 0%
Free Safety (1) 1%
Kicker (0) 0%
Punter (2) 1%

Last edited by a moderator:
Our strongest needs are definitely QB (future), WR (another playmaker), and OL (mainly a tackle and possibly a guard). We better draft Offense this year!!!!!

the three highest being QB, #2 receiver, and O Tackle

sounds about right to me...but to be 100%, i think with a stiff front line, and a threat opposite of Chambers of equal ability(piece of cake out of this draft) Fiedler would do just fine

so why is Rosenfels always disregarded again? I thought he was supposed to be our QB of the future...

I don't think Rosenfels is the man for the job. If we do lose Ogun this year, we could draft a sweet WR and QB with our two first rounders. This draft class has a ton of excellent skill position players.

There are 4 games left in the season. The Dolphins are 8-4 and comming off a huge road win, and you guys are talking next years draft!!! We are not the Jets or the Bills.. Lets worry about our needs asfter this year is done...

Why is QB so high on the list when any rookie QB is going to sit for a couple of years, when it's clear that we need OL help, especially at LG and RT and a competent 2nd and 3rd WR? We all like the POTENTIAL of Simmons and Tolver, but as yet that remains just potential. I will be VERY suprised if we look anywhere but here in R1.

One position that bears close scrutiny is DT. It's a decent class and with Zgonina getting up in years and Timbo and Larry, good as they are, often nicked up, the long term replacements aren't on the roster.

I could care less about the draft, right now. Too many things can happen between now and then to know what our needs will be. We do have needs but how can they be ranked? Jay could take us to the SB or he could suffer a career ending injury. That goes for every position on the team. Chambers, JT, Zach, Surtain, any one or more than one may not be here next season for any number of reasons. I'll think about the draft when draft time comes around. Right now we still have a minimum of 4 and hopefully 5 or more games to play. A lot can happen.

"Why is QB so high on the list when any rookie QB is going to sit for a couple of years, when it's clear that we need OL help, especially at LG and RT and a competent 2nd and 3rd WR? We all like the POTENTIAL of Simmons and Tolver, but as yet that remains just potential. I will be VERY suprised if we look anywhere but here in R1.

One position that bears close scrutiny is DT. It's a decent class and with Zgonina getting up in years and Timbo and Larry, good as they are, often nicked up, the long term replacements aren't on the roster."

Sing it Boomer. That is exactly what I have been saying from the begining. I would LOVE a franchise QB. However the talent on this team is too old and the window to win is too short to wait for a rookie QB to mature. I agree WR, OL and DT would be the best route. If we feel a different QB is needed after this year then plenty will be available in the free agent market. Some option include:
Couch
Warner
Gannon
Rattay
even Bledsoe
I sure I missed some.
These are not all great choices but all have some experience and would be a better fit than a rookie QB or Sage.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
so why is Rosenfels always disregarded again? I thought he was supposed to be our QB of the future...

if Sage was supoosedly our QB of the future, he would be the #2 already and Griese would never have come into the picture.

Originally posted by unclemonty
I don't think Rosenfels is the man for the job. If we do lose Ogun this year, we could draft a sweet WR and QB with our two first rounders. This draft class has a ton of excellent skill position players.

We have TWO 1st rndrs?????????

Here's a relevant question......

What if the Dolphins won the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. Would the pressure still be on to build for right now and a little less for the future (as it is right now)?? Meaning if we weren't looking at a franchise QB in Round 1 because we're trying to win it all right now......would winning it all this year make it ok to draft more with the future in mind than the present??

Your thoughts.

Originally posted by Muck
Here's a relevant question......

What if the Dolphins won the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. Would the pressure still be on to build for right now and a little less for the future (as it is right now)?? Meaning if we weren't looking at a franchise QB in Round 1 because we're trying to win it all right now......would winning it all this year make it ok to draft more with the future in mind than the present??

Your thoughts.

Or at least maintain more of what we already have. If we dO win the SB then the priority would shift mainly to OL [maintainence-wise] since that is the most patchwork unit we have.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
"Why is QB so high on the list when any rookie QB is going to sit for a couple of years, when it's clear that we need OL help, especially at LG and RT and a competent 2nd and 3rd WR? We all like the POTENTIAL of Simmons and Tolver, but as yet that remains just potential. I will be VERY suprised if we look anywhere but here in R1.

One position that bears close scrutiny is DT. It's a decent class and with Zgonina getting up in years and Timbo and Larry, good as they are, often nicked up, the long term replacements aren't on the roster."

Sing it Boomer. That is exactly what I have been saying from the begining. I would LOVE a franchise QB. However the talent on this team is too old and the window to win is too short to wait for a rookie QB to mature. I agree WR, OL and DT would be the best route. If we feel a different QB is needed after this year then plenty will be available in the free agent market. Some option include:
Couch
Warner
Gannon
Rattay
even Bledsoe
I sure I missed some.
These are not all great choices but all have some experience and would be a better fit than a rookie QB or Sage.

Our team isn't all that young. Our defense has been together for awhile now, and their Aging, JT is gettin to his peak, Zack is on the way down etc. When I look at it, i see a young team, we have a young #1 WR, a young TE, a young RB, a young DE, a young CB (that has yet to prove he can play). I think our team could go either way, be drafting young and building for the future, or trying to win it now. But personally I think we NEED to bring in a rookie QB. We haven't had a legitimate project QB since Huard (if you can call that legitimate). Jay is injury prone, and won't be around forever, and has questionable play (at times). Brian will be gone next year, and I still haven't seen enough of sage (i'm ISU Alumnus, i really want to see him play). We'll need to pick someone up to fill the hold left by Brian this off season, might as well be for a franchise QB 2 years down the road.

Drafting QB is not high priority but they should invest a mid round pick on a QB.

#1 WR
#2 OL
#3 QB

Back
Top Bottom