Current needs in the draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current needs in the draft...

Originally posted by minus
Drafting QB is not high priority but they should invest a mid round pick on a QB.

#1 WR
#2 OL
#3 QB

This is my opinion of what is needed in the draft ...

#1 O linemen, tackle preferably.

#2 W receiver, a compliment to Chambers that will take some pressure off him ..

#3 Quarterback, but that is ONLY if the above searches do not pan out ....

:D

Marino1983

Well let's say we keep O-Gun and re-sign him.

2(trade down for a mid 2,3,4 that's about how much we would get based on prior drafts)- David Baas G Michigan

3- Devery Henderson WR LSU
3- Will Allen S Ohio St.
4- Rod Rutherford QB Pittsburgh
4- Brian Rimpf RT East Carolina
6- Isaac Sopoaga DT Hawaii

And that's my mock draft. A starting G with the first pick in the second round. A playmaking underrated young WR. A safety who will learn and be a good one for us for years to come. A raw but talented QB. A RT who will develop, major sleeper. A run stuffer to possibly replace Bowens one day.

FA wise we extend Madison and Surtain- Saves close to 6m just about. We do not do the Griese roster bonus about another 6m. Cut McKnight 1.8m. Ruddy 2m. Perry 1.2m. Have Fiedler possibly re-structure. Maybe cut Timbo. He has been getting injured more often, wears down alot in games, and Chester has been outplaying him. Marion is clearly not himself anymore.

Maybe sign Chad Clifton? Extend Chambers deal.

It will be hard to pass up WR in round 1 due to the amount of talent at the postion this season. Look at just the deffinite 1sr round choices at the postion all ready:

1. Roy Williams-Texas
2. Rashaun Woods- Oklahamoa State
3. Reggie Williams-Wasington
4. Lee Evans-Wisconson
5. Mike ? #1-USC

It would be hard to pass on any of these players if they fell to us in the first round. At the same time a franchise QB could fall as well due to most of the horrible teams of this season have aready drafted their franchise QB in the past 2 years. The only team that I see picking a QB in the first 10 picks would be Arizona, Eli Manning is gone, but that leaves some other very nice options left.

Supposedly rumors are that Fitzgerald would be accepted to go into the draft if he chose to.

1- Fitz.
2-Roy W.
3- Reggie W.
4-Rashaun Woods
5-Lee Evans
6- Micheal Clayton
7-Micheal Jenkins
8-Braylon Edwards, ya he is going

That's a deep deep list of top prospects. There are much more darn good receivers that are not listed there.

I say we get one either early in the mid 1 or drop to the 2 and get one.

If you guys are wondering about OL I do have some solutions.

Originally posted by dolphan78
There are 4 games left in the season. The Dolphins are 8-4 and comming off a huge road win, and you guys are talking next years draft!!! We are not the Jets or the Bills.. Lets worry about our needs asfter this year is done...

:bravo:

We have every right to do this. Let's worry about it? I didn't know that we had any real say in the decisions of the Miami FO.

Drafting QB is not high priority but they should invest a mid round pick on a QB.

#1 WR
#2 OL
#3 QB

QB has been a priority for since about '98. We've just never drafted one yet. That's why the QB situation is the way it is today.

Originally posted by Marino1983

This is my opinion of what is needed in the draft ...

#1 O linemen, tackle preferably.

#2 W receiver, a compliment to Chambers that will take some pressure off him ..

#3 Quarterback, but that is ONLY if the above searches do not pan out ....

:D

Marino1983

What then is they don't pan out?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

QB has been a priority for since about '98. We've just never drafted one yet. That's why the QB situation is the way it is today.

Agreed, Huard was kind of the "groomsmen" but when JJ left Fiedler got the nod.....not a horrible idea, though I would like to see what Huard could have done, but its paned out well. But what about after Fiedler? Are we going to keep signing old FA's to fill our holes? We have a young budding offense, and should get a young QB to complement it down the road.

QB position is alirght is not priority...Offensive line needs alot retooling and need some one who can compliment Chambers.

Originally posted by Jaj
Well let's say we keep O-Gun and re-sign him.

2(trade down for a mid 2,3,4 that's about how much we would get based on prior drafts)- David Baas G Michigan

3- Devery Henderson WR LSU
3- Will Allen S Ohio St.
4- Rod Rutherford QB Pittsburgh
4- Brian Rimpf RT East Carolina
6- Isaac Sopoaga DT Hawaii

And that's my mock draft. A starting G with the first pick in the second round. A playmaking underrated young WR. A safety who will learn and be a good one for us for years to come. A raw but talented QB. A RT who will develop, major sleeper. A run stuffer to possibly replace Bowens one day.

FA wise we extend Madison and Surtain- Saves close to 6m just about. We do not do the Griese roster bonus about another 6m. Cut McKnight 1.8m. Ruddy 2m. Perry 1.2m. Have Fiedler possibly re-structure. Maybe cut Timbo. He has been getting injured more often, wears down alot in games, and Chester has been outplaying him. Marion is clearly not himself anymore.

Maybe sign Chad Clifton? Extend Chambers deal.

Those 3 players you speak of cutting carry an actual cap hit of over 6.6 mil total. That's dead money you're talkin' about unless you do it after 6/1. Fiedler's cap hit will be over 6.8 so there ain't no possibly about it. he MUST restructure, simple as that. No way Fiedler gets that kind of $$$. Explain the 6 mil roster bonus for Griese. his cap hit next yr is pushing 7 mil. Madison is due for almost 8 mil. I'd out and out trade him for a #1 pick. he isn'r worth what he gets now, IMO. trade him and re-sign t-Buck if need be.

QB position is alirght is not priority...Offensive line needs alot retooling and need some one who can compliment Chambers.

Question......... is Jay Fiedler worth over 7 mil??
I know the OL is a priority and has been for years now and Wannstedt has done absolutely nothing to really fix it so i have no reason to believe he will this year.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Agreed, Huard was kind of the "groomsmen" but when JJ left Fiedler got the nod.....not a horrible idea, though I would like to see what Huard could have done, but its paned out well. But what about after Fiedler? Are we going to keep signing old FA's to fill our holes? We have a young budding offense, and should get a young QB to complement it down the road.

One reason that I say go for a qB early is that "everyone" says that they'll need 2-3 yrs of grooming b4 they're ready and for the most part that is true. So, after that time frame, our "window of current opportunity" will have closed and we'll at least have a franchise type qB to rebuild with again.

One reason that I say go for a qB early is that "everyone" says that they'll need 2-3 yrs of grooming b4 they're ready and for the most part that is true. So, after that time frame, our "window of current opportunity" will have closed and we'll at least have a franchise type qB to rebuild with again.

And exactly what is wrong with Sage, since he's that young QB who is now getting that 2-3 year grooming. He wasn't bad in College, he's done pretty good in his appearances in the pro's for what he's been called to do, he reminds me of Brady with a better arm...so why can't he be the future?

Back
Top Bottom