Current needs in the draft... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current needs in the draft...

Can the kid from Pitt even declare for the draft? Did he redshirt, because if he didn't than he isn't eligable for the draft. Rashaun Woods would be right there with Roy Williams, ahead of eveyone else besides Fitz. The thing I like about Woods is he put up every week with no talent around him. Williams had the luxury of a solid running game, QB, and another NFL type WR on the other side. Woods has played with no one an a bad OSU team. He is faster and has similiar size as Williams. Fred Gibson is another you can add to this list if he declares early. Big guy with blazing speed on his way for a 3rd 1000 yard season, and a great punt returner.

No no Jay is a re-structure. Griese is a cut. Woods is not super talented but is an excellent receiver. Williams is a mega talent that is why he will go higher.

Jay ain't our Franchise. Ricky at this point is. Jay is a solid QB. That is what he is. He is our QB and that's that not franchise player.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

And exactly what is wrong with Sage, since he's that young QB who is now getting that 2-3 year grooming. He wasn't bad in College, he's done pretty good in his appearances in the pro's for what he's been called to do, he reminds me of Brady with a better arm...so why can't he be the future?

Because someone on the Dolphins doesn't believe he's starter material. Trust me, i'm at ISU, and want nothing more than to see Sage succeed, but if they thought he was our future Franchise QB, then

1. why did they bring in Brian to challenge Jay?

2. Refer to #1 and remember that Sage has had an extra year in our system

3. Why is Sage our #3 man behind the failed Griese?

4. Why when Fiedler went down did we stick with Lucas after his horrible games, THEN with Brian, instead of rotating the 2.

I'm also curious about Sage, but I'm a LOT higher on Rivers or Manning (i know i know, but a guy can dream can't he?)

Originally posted by Jaj
Jay ain't our Franchise. Ricky at this point is. Jay is a solid QB. That is what he is. He is our QB and that's that not franchise player.

agreed, and he's also injury prone, and not getting any younger. So we should sign a project Rookie and let him sit ala Pennington, so he can take over in about 2 years.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

And exactly what is wrong with Sage, since he's that young QB who is now getting that 2-3 year grooming. He wasn't bad in College, he's done pretty good in his appearances in the pro's for what he's been called to do, he reminds me of Brady with a better arm...so why can't he be the future?

I personally don't have a problem with Sage but apparently the FO does in that respect. If they felt he was going to be our answer, why did they even bring in Griebegin with? They would've just moved Sage up to the #2 spot and then just got anybody else for a #3.

Back
Top Bottom