Cut Madison, sign Winfield | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut Madison, sign Winfield

i thought the same thing ZOD, but whats going on, a paycut is definitely within reason considering his recent performance and his age. Now his agent says he wont take a paycut and he hasn't been approached about restructuring yet, whole thing just seems odd to me. Hope they straighten it out soon, he counts what 9 mil against the cap roughly? thats crazy

Jay's agent said he wouldn't take a pay cut neither. :rolleyes:

These men have egos to deal with. They are stars and they have been since High School. Unfortunately they must be dealt with as such.

I think the phins are taking the hardline stance just to show that they are serious. The agents last words were that Rick hasn't put a priority on the paycut.

As of now...............

i thought jay didnt take a paycut, they just reduced his cap number with guaranteed money.... were still paying him a boat load to be a backup, or so they say.

There is a certain bonus that has been left out.

That many bones would make ME think I have taken a pay cut.

in the end it MAY be left out, but i believe that bonus was just pushed back til next year... he wasnt getting that anyway since if he didnt restructure he was going to be cut. I see no pay cut

Madison is making far too much money, for his play. He is only going to get worse because of his age and coincidently each year his salary goes up. Something has to be done.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
I see no pay cut

Okay let me get this straight. I tell you in 1999 that I'll pay you a salary each year and I'll give you 2 millions dollar if I retain your services after the 2003. 2003 comes to a close and I come back to you and say, "I'll pay you your salary and nothing more."

You see no pay cut?

yes, because his other option was i pay you no salary and no 2 million. he was not getting that 2 million no matter what. that was a bonus which the dolphins felt he didnt earn so he wasnt getting it, they didnt cut it from his salary. why can't you understand that?
It wasn't a pay cut, he's still getting his salary. If your boss comes to you and says we arent able to give out xmas bonuses this year, but maybe next year we willl, he's not giving you a pay cut.

thats what they did to fielder, we cant give you your bonus this year, but maybe next year. In the mean time well pay you your full salary as if you were our starting QB, and let you compete for the job.

I repeat, no pay cut

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
If your boss comes to you and says we arent able to give out xmas bonuses this year, but maybe next year we willl, he's not giving you a pay cut.

You just exemplified the difference in thought.

I'm a union member. I have a contract (similar Fiedler situation). If my boss says I'm getting a Christmas bonus-I'm getting a Christmas bonus.

It's in my contract.

It wasn't a guaranteed bonus though is what i'm saying. He was not expecting that money, when he signed the contract he may have been hopeful he was going to get it, but he knew coming into this offseason he was not going to be getting that 2 million, so when they told him theyd pay him his same salary and push that potential bonus to next year he jumped at it, cause he knew it wasnt a pay cut. that 2 million was money he wasnt going to see no matter what.

Like I said it's just a difference in thought.

Agents say alot of things. But when they walk into the room, things change. alot of members of this team have restrucutured or taken a cut. For madison not to sends what kind of message to the rest of the bunch.

and another note: couldnt Surtain restructure too ?

i dont want winfield for madison. i would rather keep madison and i am the one who has been clamouring for his getting cut. just get him restrctured and cut him years from now.

Originally posted by Phishstix
nobody in f.a. outside of shawn springs and champ bailey can carry sam's jocky strap. they'll get him restructured, the lack of sense of urgency is b/c they are under the cap so his contract is not as high of a priority as it was.

:hmmm: Uhh........sure dude, he is a shut down corner who never gets beat deep or gives up the big play.

I'm not sayin I hate the guy. He is still a good corner but he's not worth all that $. He seems to have too big of a head and he is no longer one of top 5 CB's in the league. He isn't even the best CB on his own team. They can't carry his jock strap cause he drops it about 4 times a game after getting burnt .

Back
Top Bottom