Cut Mark Royals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut Mark Royals

i find it hard to believe hes putting half his punts inside the 20 i havent seen the sob coffin corner one since we signed him

Originally posted by nyfinzfan
i find it hard to believe hes putting half his punts inside the 20 i havent seen the sob coffin corner one since we signed him

7 punts.

3 inside the 20.

oh and a 50 yard punt.

Look to the D for the scapegoats for this one, primarily Fletcher.

hes not my scapegoat..... 95%percent of the team stunk it up but hes washed up and should be gone to defend him you must be one of three guys
1)mark royals himself
2)dave wannestedt
3)olindo mare

haha just kidding

hes not my scapegoat..... 95%percent of the team stunk it up but hes washed up and should be gone to defend him you must be one of three guys
1)mark royals himself
2)dave wannestedt
3)olindo mare

haha just kidding

:lol:

nah... sorry man, I shoulda checked myself with the scapegoat remark.

I agree that Royals hasn't tore it up since coming here, but really, he didn't do that bad sunday.

(and I'm saying that as somebody that was trying to remember the local hitman's number after Royals shanked that punt against the Pats last year.)

He is pretty good at putting them inside the 20 - OUR TWENTY!

When he is pinned deep, he absolutely sucks!

I think he should have another chance (we all have bad days), and with all the work he did this offseason, he should be playing better. But if he keeps it up, I'd definately start getting Stempke ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's bring back the great punter of all time. Ray Guy all the way.

Some interesting numbers on Mark Royals:

25th-His NFL rank for punting average(40.2yds.) in 2002.

T29th(tied with 2 others)-His NFL rank for longest punt(56yds.) in 2002. He was tied with 2 others, meaning there was only one punter with a shorter amount for longest punt last season in the NFL. It was also his lowest amount of yardage for longest punt of the season since 1991.

31st-His NFL rank for % of punts(21.7) inside the 20. This is allegedly Royals' strong suit, the reason he's supposedly such a good punter, but yet there was only one team with a lower % of punts inside the 20, Cincinnati.

By comparison, Matt Turk in 2001 with the Dolphins was 22nd in the NFL in punting avg.(41.0), 2nd in the NFL in longest punt(77yds.), and 8th in the NFL in percentage of punts inside the 20(34.7).

Why are we supposedly sacrficing boom for directional punting when the numbers show Royals is worse at putting punts inside the 20 than all but one other punter in the NFL last season?

Why is Turk still unemployed and Royals still a Dolphin?:huh:

Stemke made two bad punts. Royals has made far more bad punts. He deserves a spot on the team.

I would rather have us get a QB off the street and have him throw a 60 yard pick! :lol:

Jesus people this not college ball and we are the Hurricanes. It's the NFL with grown *** men that have mortgage payments and Benz payments. So, don't expect everything to work out perfectly everytime we step on the field. Trust me we will only get better. We lost by one point on a very questionable holding call..It's seems lately everything just goes right for the opposing team no matter what they do.

Originally posted by Barbarian

Would you take a 50 yarder?

He did boom one of those.

Like I said, it's hard to get a huge average when your putting half your punts inside the 20.

Half his punts my arse. in this game sure, almost 50%. Too bad he only gets off decent punts when theres absolutely no pressure. And if you look at his stats the past few years

2002 - 69 punts 15 in20 (23%)
2001 - 83 26 (31%)
2000 - 85 18 (21%)
1999 - 90 23 (26%)

So where is this 50% inside the 20. The guy is a liability plain and simple, his best days are long behind him and his leg is plain dead. I'm not saying he cost us the game. I'm just saying that he blows massive @ss and needs to be replaced NOW.

1)mark royals himself
2)dave wannestedt
3)olindo mare

haha just kidding

He's kidding, Not me. You are one of those guys

Back
Top Bottom