Cut Mark Royals | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut Mark Royals

Originally posted by relive1972
Some interesting numbers on Mark Royals:

25th-His NFL rank for punting average(40.2yds.) in 2002.

T29th(tied with 2 others)-His NFL rank for longest punt(56yds.) in 2002.

31st-His NFL rank for % of punts(21.7) inside the 20.

Good work relive.
As far as giving him another chance.
This was his ohter chance. Remember N.E. last year

He should be gone...........I say we take our chances with Stemke!

And wasn't that an 11 yard punt in New England last year?I....a girl...at 5 foot 1 can kick farther..........:)

I should call Wanny, I'm pretty sure i got a couple dogs runnin around here that can kick a ball farther then ol' Senor Deadleg there, lol.

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Half his punts my arse. in this game sure, almost 50%. Too bad he only gets off decent punts when theres absolutely no pressure. And if you look at his stats the past few years

2002 - 69 punts 15 in20 (23%)
2001 - 83 26 (31%)
2000 - 85 18 (21%)
1999 - 90 23 (26%)

So where is this 50% inside the 20. The guy is a liability plain and simple, his best days are long behind him and his leg is plain dead. I'm not saying he cost us the game. I'm just saying that he blows massive @ss and needs to be replaced NOW.

Hey moron, look at my statement, I stated in the next post and clarified that he got 50% THIS SEASON!!!!!!

Learn to read and you may not look like a complete moron when you try and bring this weak crap.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and his leg didn't look tht week when he boomed that 50 yarder. Notice that his short kicks come when the fins are backed up and not when there is some room.

It couldent be that somebody on the sideline is telling him to put them out of bounds to prevent a punt return from midfield, could it?

Last year he booted a 56 yarder with no return, and every year prior to that for 8 years he has proven capable of booming it 60+ yards. And so far this year he allready has a 50 yarder to his credit.

Our coverage teams have sucked for the past couple seasons however
leading to our punters getting called on to concentrate more on hangtime and placement, and less on distance.

But nobody decides to look at that, any wonder that we lose our special teams coach, our coverage units go to crap, and suddenly a punters numbers go down from what he has seen through his career?

Consider the circumstances before you critisize.

Originally posted by Barbarian
It couldent be that somebody on the sideline is telling him to put them out of bounds to prevent a punt return from midfield, could it?

You can't be serious. So Armstrong is telling Royals to shank one 20-30yds out-of-bounds instead of booming 60+yds downfield, to avoid a good return? If he is, he needs to be run off.

But that's not the case. If it was, why would Royals accept full blame for his punting and say he wouldn't blame the Dolphins if they brought in another punter? If that were the case, why wouldn't Armstrong say so, instead of this:

"He knows it, he is a pro," Armstrong said. "Sometimes you just get in that groove where you are catching the ball here [close] and now you have that long leg and now look where the ball is. So now you have got to catch it out here and keep it out here."

"If the nose isn't up [on the ball] and it is a touchback, I would rather have the touchback than the short punt," he said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ep11,0,4635080.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

IMO Royals' best days are behind him, but that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Yes, I truly am....this is the one position i am definetley disgusted in.....ANYBODY can punt better than Mark Royals....ANYBODY!

Why THANK you !! I will do my best !! :D :D

Originally posted by Barbarian
Come on guys... lets not forget however that only 1 punter in the NFL has more punts place inside the 20 than Royals right now this season.

and only 1 other has as many.

Royals hardly had a great game, but he wasn't out there missing tackles left and right in the 2nd half on third down plays that should have been stopped short of the 1st down marker.

Good point, however if he just had another decent kick or 2, that alone would have been enough to at least keep them from one FG anyway.

I think that we are going to wait until he kicks a punt for negative yardage.

That would suck, but it would be funny too!

Hank just said that if Royals punts poorly this week, he thinks he's gone next week. He then alluded that he feels the Phins will pick up a certain veteran punter that they're familiar with. Any ideas who that might be?? ;) *coughTURKcoughcough*

NO RING.....if you continue to post smack in the main forum, you will no longer be permitted to post in the main forum, period.

Thank you.

I wished we would have kept Turk. You have to love a punter who gets in fist fights and tackles people.

Re: Stop Crying Dork-Fans!

Originally posted by NO- RING MARINO
Your team Sucks. You Sissy Pink and Aquamarine Uniforms Suck.
Hay good news for the NFL, The "Dork-Fins" are CHOKING early this year!:lol: :lol: :lol: The Miami Dork-Fins; the greatest Choking team of all time. Laughingstock of the NFL. Joke of the League. :lol: :lol: :lol: Remember 62 to 7? It wasnt that close!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: Jets win BIG!:banana: :banana: :banana: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

RICKY!!! Is that you???

Back
Top Bottom