Cut or restructure McCain? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut or restructure McCain?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
He played well this season but certainly not impactful enough to warrant $7.1M. Dead cap is only $1.4M.

I'm leaning towards adding GTD money but lowering cap hit. I'm down restructuring.

With the craze FA will be this year we could certainly use some flexibility.

He played well this season but certainly not impactful enough to warrant $7.1M. Dead cap is only $1.4M.

I'm leaning towards adding GTD money but lowering cap hit. I'm down restructuring.

Flo and Boyer like him. Most likely stays.

Flo and Boyer like him. Most likely stays.

They like him a lot. He's not going anywhere.

I hate the single high safety we play. McCain doesn't have the instincts nor play making ability for it.

When reciever get vertical as they have a few times on B.Jones etc those guys are really on their own.

McCain is usually nowhere to be found and when he is can't make a tackle to save his life.

Looks like he is #17 in the league for salary.

Not ridiculous as you make it sound.

Bottom line though, if he can be replaced with a cheaper player, fine. I'm not sure you can, unless it's a young player already here, or a high draft pick.

He’s always a second too late. Always a meter away. He hardly ever make a play on the ball or contests a catch. He’s just in the vicinity. And then his tackling is average at best when it’s called upon. $7m is way too much for him surely?

played like poo the second half of the year. always looked out of place in coverage. looked ok against the run. I think 7.1 is a little high for him, but he isnt going anywhere

McCain did a pretty good job tackling this year but he was largely missing in coverage. Anything not directly in front of him at least
We play man most of the time, so coverage wasn't his primary duty. When the slot coverage guy gave up long pass to players like Waller, there weren't many safety can chase him down.

McCain did a pretty good job tackling this year but he was largely missing in coverage. Anything not directly in front of him at least

Tackling? LOL...You sure you watched the right B.McCain?

Back
Top Bottom