Cut or restructure McCain? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut or restructure McCain?

He has a lot of deep as the deepest responsibility. Be it with man or zone

Not many plays on the ball just mainly secure tackling. Seems to be late on help too. Play kinda fell off a little bit later in the year Id say but the secondary as a wholes play did too.

pretty much everyone but x

uptick in qb caliber/competition no doubt

We play man most of the time, so coverage wasn't his primary duty. When the slot coverage guy gave up long pass to players like Waller, there weren't many safety can chase him down.
In cover 1, the main goal is to funnel routes inside towards the FS and the linebacker, Bc that’s where your help is. McCains exclusive duty is coverage

In cover 1, the main goal is to funnel routes inside towards the FS and the linebacker, Bc that’s where your help is. McCains exclusive duty is coverage

just more added value an upgrade in Mike play and range could give us in our scheme. Assuming we are drafting/adding an every down lb which we damn sure should be

You cannot funnel route inside if the route is not inside. You know what happen if you do, PI all day long.

You cannot funnel route inside if the route is not inside. You know what happen if you do, PI all day long.
Correct but the corners play w/ leverage that protects the boundary. The corners protect the boundary, to push the route towards the safety ideally. The issue is McCain is late often and lacks play making ability as our single high.

McCain is the leader in our secondary, has versatility to literally play safety, nickel/dime cornerback, and boundary cornerback. He helps the young guys learn and makes our calls from the back. He's healthy and rarely gets injured. I would be shocked if we cut Bobby McCain. Restructuring is always an option, but my guess is that if he balks at that we will just pay him his contract. We have reason and leverage because he is no longer playing at a peak level (because he's a nickel CB not really a safety) and the pandemic is driving the salary cap down, which was not expected when we re-signed McCain. So yeah, he might just take a restructuring. But if he doesn't, I see the team simply honoring its contract with the secondary's best leaders and one of the best and strongest locker room voices on the team.

Every time people talk McCain's 'leadership' I can't help but think of that picture of him on the bench almost crying and w that weird ass looking face he made on that shot. Don't have it and can't recall what game it was but it was a meme for a while back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom