cutler better than leinart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cutler better than leinart

Canadianfishfan said:
Funny how no-one is hardly talking about Leinhart... pretty boy has been passed over for the real stud on USC.
no one is talking about him, yet......he'll be at least the #2 pick in the draft

Saw this awhile back, I highly doubt he will go ahead of Leinart, but he might be gone before we pick.

Cutler is the flavor of the month.Cooler heads will prevail by draft time.

cutler's popularity will decrease as the bowl games come, and other QBs who are actually in the postseason will get hype

kastofsna120 said:
no one is talking about him, yet......he'll be at least the #2 pick in the draft

I want to draft the girl Leinart is dancing with into my bedroom.

You know, I've heard that Cutler is the better overall QB skill-wise, but the guy doesn't win. From what I've heard, Vanderbilt hasn't had a winning season since he's been there and they've never appeared in a bowl game. I know Vandy doesn't have a very competitive team, but you can't disregard Leinart winning 34 straight games and 3 National Championships (probably.)

kastofsna120 said:

The Niners would have to trade out of that spot.

phin fans shouldnt be talking about leinhart because there is remotely no way we can get him..so why waste a post?

Gonk said:
You know, I've heard that Cutler is the better overall QB skill-wise, but the guy doesn't win. From what I've heard, Vanderbilt hasn't had a winning season since he's been there and they've never appeared in a bowl game. I know Vandy doesn't have a very competitive team, but you can't disregard Leinart winning 34 straight games and 3 National Championships (probably.)

We're not discounting Lienart's 34 straight games and 3 Nat'l championships. But he had a lot of talent around. Jay Cutler, on the other hand is a very good QB with a supporting cast that could barely hold his jockstrap...at the most.

Cutler has more physical skills (stronger arm, mobility, athleticism), but there's more to QBing than that. Leinart has been more accurate, more consistent and has better mechanics. It's possible that Cutler could end up being the better pro, but Leinart is seen as more of a sure thing. People who don't watch college football see his rise as meteoric, but Cutler was considered the best QB in the SEC before the season. He would have been a 3rd round pick if he came out after his junior year according to the NFL. (he petitioned the league and that's what he was told, also they're usually conservative in their estimates). During the season, I kept hearing he was a 2nd rounder then when he had that great game against Florida he moved to the middle of the first. As for moving ahead of Leinart, there will probably be some teams that would have him rated higher. It depends on what they value. If a strong arm or athleticism is something a team really values they might rate him higher than Leinart. I think the vast majority of teams will still have Leinart higher on their board though.

All you Cutler fans better hope is stock stops rising or he will be gone before we pick. I remember a lot of people thought we'd have a shot at Rivers a few years back and then he sold his soul to the devil and went top 5.

DonShula84 said:
All you Cutler fans better hope is stock stops rising or he will be gone before we pick. I remember a lot of people thought we'd have a shot at Rivers a few years back and then he sold his soul to the devil and went top 5.

Psssh....a few years back, we had Wannstedt as the headcoach. On paper, we probably would of had a shot. But in reality, we didn't have snowball's chance in hell.

Back
Top Bottom