Cutler Just Earned My Respect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler Just Earned My Respect

jmorgan6977

Puck the Fats
Reaction score
being an ex hawg myself this man hit the bench when god knows when the last qb repped out at the combine. He got 23 reps when an all american interior lineman got 24 reps. That to me is down right nasty. I would lay down my carrer for that guy if I was protecting him. I am now on the Cutler bandwagon.....

jmorgan6977 said:
being an ex hawg myself this man hit the bench when god knows when the last qb repped out at the combine. He got 23 reps when an all american interior lineman got 24 reps. That to me is down right nasty. I would lay down my carrer for that guy if I was protecting him. I am now on the Cutler bandwagon.....

Welcome!

If benching a lot was what it took to have a strong arm, we would have a lot more Dan Marinos out there.

no, actually bench press works your chest muscles. however, any QB that actually benches, and benches well, i have to respect. i want a strong QB back there, not someone who isnt going to be able to shake off D lineman.

Silverphin said:
Doesn't a QB that bench a lot have strong arm.

benching only means you can push things around easier by extending your arms. it has nothing to do with arm strength.

Ok Ok But ya got to admit it was pretty darn cool that the guy even tried it and then pushed out 23 reps? That is impressive QB or not...I would prefer a strong qb wouldnt you?Besides the point he wont be there at our pick, I sure dont think he dropped his stock any,and i am sure that it might have helped. At least hes not some primadonna that wont even go thru the drills at the combine.I lift some and that is an impressive amount of reps!Give the guy his props!

Nick13 said:
no, actually bench press works your chest muscles. however, any QB that actually benches, and benches well, i have to respect. i want a strong QB back there, not someone who isnt going to be able to shake off D lineman.
Now THAT i'll agree with. Its nice to see a QB show a lot of heart in the weight room. He never needs to bench at all, but the fact that he does, shows that hes doing everything he can. Which is a nice change of pace.

Nick13 said:

I see. Thanks.

I am not as huge a Cutler fan as alot of people but the dude is proving that a high pick spent on him will in no way be a bust. That is worth money. In the end, I think he is no better than some of the others and it will take time for him as well to get used to the NFL like any one else. If he goes to New Orleans, then he will start right away and be thrown into the fire. That wont be so good the first year, but the second and third years he will develope a little faster. I give it up for Cutler in the sense that he backs up his attitude with guts. That didnt neccessarily translate into success in the Senior Bowl. I think alot of this combine stuff gets way overblown quite frankly. Are you a football player? that is the only question that matters in the end. ZAch Thomas is a football player. 5'11 220 lbs coming out but mentally all there when it comes to playing on a football field.

badfoot said:
Ok Ok But ya got to admit it was pretty darn cool that the guy even tried it and then pushed out 23 reps? That is impressive QB or not...I would prefer a strong qb wouldnt you?Besides the point he wont be there at our pick, I sure dont think he dropped his stock any,and i am sure that it might have helped. At least hes not some primadonna that wont even go thru the drills at the combine.I lift some and that is an impressive amount of reps!Give the guy his props!

Well said.

it is impressive yes, but we still won't have a shot at drafting him. He will be a good QB in the NFL, I sure hate the fact that he could be a jet

Back
Top Bottom