Cutler Just Earned My Respect | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler Just Earned My Respect

Saban4prez said:
benching only means you can push things around easier by extending your arms. it has nothing to do with arm strength.

Yeah, arm strength in terms of throwing a football, or baseball for that matter, comes mostly from your triceps & shoulders with secondary component being leg drive.

Silverphin said:
Doesn't a QB that bench a lot have strong arm.

Strong arm comes from how quickly you can move your arm through the air, which is all about fast twitch/slow twitch muscle fibres. Bench pressing doesn't measure this at all.

Look at pitchers in baseball, not all of the good ones are muscle bound freaks, some are really quite scrawny.

jmorgan6977 said:
being an ex hawg myself this man hit the bench when god knows when the last qb repped out at the combine. He got 23 reps when an all american interior lineman got 24 reps. That to me is down right nasty. I would lay down my carrer for that guy if I was protecting him. I am now on the Cutler bandwagon.....

:yeahthat: :lifter:

Pauly said:
Strong arm comes from how quickly you can move your arm through the air, which is all about fast twitch/slow twitch muscle fibres. Bench pressing doesn't measure this at all.

Look at pitchers in baseball, not all of the good ones are muscle bound freaks, some are really quite scrawny.
So having explosive power, Like bench pressing has nothing to do with fast twitch/slow twitch muscles. Sorry your wrong on that one. You can't really use baseball pitchers in this, they throw off a elevated mound, and push off the rubber with their legs. the mechanics of the delivery are totally different.

Back
Top Bottom