Cutting through the Bull | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutting through the Bull

TeeMoney said:
In honor of this small snippet, I provide you with this:

clear.gif
I am not sure what this means exactly, but my hunch is it is not flattery.

KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown is the best player in this draft, and the #2 pick is too high to take him? Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

Says who?

fin-atic said:
Bears will go Benson. They are very public about that.

Funny that they've already soured on Thomas Jones. I too have heard though that they are looking at Brown/Benson.

fin-atic said:
OK I am going to cut through some of the smokescreens and BS out there and tell you who I think we are going to pick and why.

First lets dispell some rumors:

TB trading up to get a QB: Neither of these QBs are widely regarded as franchise type QBs. They have Griese who they just committed to, and they have Simms in the wings. Too much to give up for a position you don't really need, and that is really not that talented.

Minny trading up: They are looking at WR. And although Edwards is there for the taking if they trade with us, they will be happy to stay where they are and grab Williams. Fact is there is little that seperates the top players in this draft. Once again too expensive for what they get in return.

Miami drafting a QB: Saban has committed to try Feeley as starter. He also signed Ferotte as insurance. Feeley's contract is too big to just kick aside. Factor in that we just inked Sage to a new deal and it really does not appear that we will draft a QB. If we do, then someone is trade bait. Either Feeley or the draft pick.

So with that all said. I think we end up picking #2 and I think we take a RB. Now it gets down to choices. Brown and Benson. And regardles of what many say, this is closer than you think. Although Brown is a specimen and is considered by the media to be the best RB in the draft, Benson is the most proven and tested back. Low risk. Although we hear about Brown as reciever, Benson is considered a very good receiving back too. With all of that said, Saban played in the SEC and got to see Brown many times through out his whole career. He knows him better, and has been opposite trying to defend against him. I think Benson is the best choice, however this Saturday with the #2 pick in the draft, the Miami Dolphins select Ronnie Brown RB University Auburn.

you couldn't be more incorrect! what the hell does rosenfels have to do with anything???????????? he doesn't factor into ANY decisions. Feeley's contract is not that big. we are trading surtain aren't we?????? get a clue dude!

fin-atic said:
OK I am going to cut through some of the smokescreens and BS out there and tell you who I think we are going to pick and why.

First lets dispell some rumors:

TB trading up to get a QB: Neither of these QBs are widely regarded as franchise type QBs. They have Griese who they just committed to, and they have Simms in the wings. Too much to give up for a position you don't really need, and that is really not that talented.

Minny trading up: They are looking at WR. And although Edwards is there for the taking if they trade with us, they will be happy to stay where they are and grab Williams. Fact is there is little that seperates the top players in this draft. Once again too expensive for what they get in return.

Miami drafting a QB: Saban has committed to try Feeley as starter. He also signed Ferotte as insurance. Feeley's contract is too big to just kick aside. Factor in that we just inked Sage to a new deal and it really does not appear that we will draft a QB. If we do, then someone is trade bait. Either Feeley or the draft pick.

So with that all said. I think we end up picking #2 and I think we take a RB. Now it gets down to choices. Brown and Benson. And regardles of what many say, this is closer than you think. Although Brown is a specimen and is considered by the media to be the best RB in the draft, Benson is the most proven and tested back. Low risk. Although we hear about Brown as reciever, Benson is considered a very good receiving back too. With all of that said, Saban played in the SEC and got to see Brown many times through out his whole career. He knows him better, and has been opposite trying to defend against him. I think Benson is the best choice, however this Saturday with the #2 pick in the draft, the Miami Dolphins select Ronnie Brown RB University Auburn.

I like your analysis ... and I think it's 50/50 between Brown and Edwards. However, I really don't know - no one does. Did you hear Hank? He mentioned that Saban isn't telling a soul!

IMO Ronnie Brown is the franchise RB this team needs. If we trade down at all I think its with Minnesota. QB can be addressed in the 3rd round with David Green or possibly even later with Orton or Lefors. Go with the sure thing when in doubt which is Brown. If we drafted Edwards I wouldn't be shocked but I think all the buzz about Alex Smith and Braylon Edwards is a smokescreen to entice someone to move up.

KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown is the best player in this draft, and the #2 pick is too high to take him? Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

I agree I wud find it odd if they drafted a WR since we need an RB more unless Saban knew beforehand that Ricky was coming back.
I like Ronnie Brown they say hes the best reciever in the draft anyway. My concerns are his age and I question his elusiveness though.Best case scenerio he's Marshall Faulk or LT worst case he's Eddie George

fin-atic said:
RBs are a dime a dozen? Wow what league have you been watching? We have had one in thirty plus years.

LoL, I was thinking the same thing

TeeMoney said:
In honor of this small snippet, I provide you with this:

clear.gif
What the hell is that? Is he ringing a bell with his dick? Where did you find that? Now that is gonna hurt tomorrow :lol:

I agreed with everything you said, except taking a RB at #2. There are 2 reasons Saban will not take one there, according to his stated philosophy. RB will not be the BPA at that point, and Saban does not like to draft RB's that high because it's to much money to spend on a guy with a short career.

Fin-atic, we had Ricky and did not make the playoffs. A great RB can't take you that far, but a great QB can.

Back
Top Bottom