Cutting through the Bull | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutting through the Bull

fin-atic said:
OK I am going to cut through some of the smokescreens and BS out there and tell you who I think we are going to pick and why.

First lets dispell some rumors:

TB trading up to get a QB: Neither of these QBs are widely regarded as franchise type QBs. They have Griese who they just committed to, and they have Simms in the wings. Too much to give up for a position you don't really need, and that is really not that talented.

Minny trading up: They are looking at WR. And although Edwards is there for the taking if they trade with us, they will be happy to stay where they are and grab Williams. Fact is there is little that seperates the top players in this draft. Once again too expensive for what they get in return.

Miami drafting a QB: Saban has committed to try Feeley as starter. He also signed Ferotte as insurance. Feeley's contract is too big to just kick aside. Factor in that we just inked Sage to a new deal and it really does not appear that we will draft a QB. If we do, then someone is trade bait. Either Feeley or the draft pick.

So with that all said. I think we end up picking #2 and I think we take a RB. Now it gets down to choices. Brown and Benson. And regardles of what many say, this is closer than you think. Although Brown is a specimen and is considered by the media to be the best RB in the draft, Benson is the most proven and tested back. Low risk. Although we hear about Brown as reciever, Benson is considered a very good receiving back too. With all of that said, Saban played in the SEC and got to see Brown many times through out his whole career. He knows him better, and has been opposite trying to defend against him. I think Benson is the best choice, however this Saturday with the #2 pick in the draft, the Miami Dolphins select Ronnie Brown RB University Auburn.

Doubt it on the RB at #2 overall, but we'll know in a few days.

Also, I think its starting to come out that Mike williams is not seen as being close to Edwards. Williams speed and character may result in him sliding outside of the top 10. If the reports are true of him sliding on boards, Edwards becomes that much more valueable.

grendel said:
Fin-atic, we had Ricky and did not make the playoffs. A great RB can't take you that far, but a great QB can.

Problem is almost no one believes that either of these QBs are "great". In fact several experts are on record as saying they are weak and neither are franchise QBs.

You can't compare what happened with Ricky under Wanny and project it to Saban and the future. Ricky did his part. If Wanny and Jay would have done theirs we would have won.

Nick Saban and John Gruden is no one? Also if Brown himself said that Dolphins haven't shown interest.

grendel said:
Nick Saban and John Gruden is no one? Also if Brown himself said that Dolphins haven't shown interest.

Saban did spend a few years already scouting Brown. Played against him a few times.

Back
Top Bottom