D-Line Coach Excited About First-Round Newcomers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Line Coach Excited About First-Round Newcomers

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins have added two former first-round picks from other teams to their defensive line since training camp began in late July, and their position coach likes the long-range potential of both of them.

Taco Charlton has made an immediate impact since being claimed off waivers from Dallas with two sacks in his first two games with the Dolphins. Robert Nkemdiche, meanwhile, continues to work on his conditioning while he’s on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list.

Good chances to take. Was surprised that Charlton was released. Nice to see him off to a good start. Hope Harris can get into the action. The clock is ticking for him.

Nkemdiche wont be good this year coming off an all Tear in week 14. But hopefully he makes enough noise to sign him next year

I completely forget we had Nkemdiche. When is he expected to see some action?

Nkemdiche was way overweight and out of shape when we signed him. He's also still rehabbing. I highly doubt we get anything out of him this season. Have to look towards 2020 when it comes to him.

Good chances to take. Was surprised that Charlton was released. Nice to see him off to a good start. Hope Harris can get into the action. The clock is ticking for him.
Taco looks to have more sauce than Harris. Harris looks better this year but he just can’t get home even though he gets better push now. I have no technical basis for saying this but I feel as though we are seeing his ceiling and just isn’t good enough.

Taco looks to have more sauce than Harris. Harris looks better this year but he just can’t get home even though he gets better push now. I have no technical basis for saying this but I feel as though we are seeing his ceiling and just isn’t good enough.
CFL calls

What’s disappointing about this to me is that there are already two of OUR first round picks in Wilkins and Harris on that line, and Taco and Nkemdiche are the exciting pieces on that line, not the guys we drafted. Harris is clearly a bust, Wilkins way too early to tell but I’m not exactly over the moon about the pick at this point.

Nkemdiche was way overweight and out of shape when we signed him. He's also still rehabbing. I highly doubt we get anything out of him this season. Have to look towards 2020 when it comes to him.

I’m sure they must view it that way...it’s not about 2019 for him, he is a possible blue chip for2020 when this team is ready to begin making noise...will be nice if he wants it and makes it happen!

What’s disappointing about this to me is that there are already two of OUR first round picks in Wilkins and Harris on that line, and Taco and Nkemdiche are the exciting pieces on that line, not the guys we drafted. Harris is clearly a bust, Wilkins way too early to tell but I’m not exactly over the moon about the pick at this point.

Wilkens is improving every week and will be fine...Harris is clearly a bust!

Folks here want flash players with elite star potential. The Patriots way is to get players that aren't great at anything but good enough at a lot of things. Wilkins can play interior DT in a 4-3. He can play DE in a 3-4. He also has a school record for pass breakups and the short area agility of a LB'er. So he is a guy that can do a lot of things.

John Jenkins, Robert Nkemdiche, and Taco Charlton all bring something to the table. Charles Harris is more of a 3-4 OLB edge guy who has been put into a 4-3 DE role. So again, he has some versatility. Stop focusing on what the individual does and think how they fit into an overall team concept of multiple scheme "position-less" team defense.

I doubt we will see much of anything scheme wise for a couple of years. Eventually I think we will see a team that seems to have very few "star" players yet ends up near the top in fewest points allowed.

So, for those of you that want a Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy, I think you are going to be disappointed. I think the team will be far more inclined to spend premium draft picks on DB's/LB'ers when it comes time to draft skill position players.

I can understand the disappointment with Harris, but I do not understand your concerns about Wilkins. He is a 3-4 defensive end, so you are not going to see a ton of plays from him. His pad level has improved, he is being disruptive, and he is improving each week. I am happy with his performance to date!

I can understand the disappointment with Harris, but I do not understand your concerns about Wilkins. He is a 3-4 defensive end, so you are not going to see a ton of plays from him. His pad level has improved, he is being disruptive, and he is improving each week. I am happy with his performance to date!
This ^^ he’s improving weekly, he did make one stupid play that cost us 15 yards. But overall he’s been getting better.

Back
Top Bottom