D. Rodgers : This Could Be Good!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Rodgers : This Could Be Good!!!

Thats because the defensive line MAKES our linebackers. Its sad but its true. In this defense LBer is the LEAST important position. We've got nothing but undersized guys back there. If we dont have a solid DL, the run defense will not be good is the bottom line. Look at how much DG's absence affected the run defense. Thats why I like the dumping of DG actually because instead of trying to count on the unknown like DG's ticking time bomb of a back and suffering with the consequences when it goes out, we can actually begin trying to find a more solid solution to the DL. It may not look good at first but it will be more solvent for us longterm.

JT can probably play this way for quite a while. Zach has at least 3-4 more years. We need to draft a DT in the first round I think.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Thats because the defensive line MAKES our linebackers. Its sad but its true. In this defense LBer is the LEAST important position. We've got nothing but undersized guys back there. If we dont have a solid DL, the run defense will not be good is the bottom line. Look at how much DG's absence affected the run defense. Thats why I like the dumping of DG actually because instead of trying to count on the unknown like DG's ticking time bomb of a back and suffering with the consequences when it goes out, we can actually begin trying to find a more solid solution to the DL. It may not look good at first but it will be more solvent for us longterm.

JT can probably play this way for quite a while. Zach has at least 3-4 more years. We need to draft a DT in the first round I think.

Our run D was terrible after DG went down last year, but last year we didn't have Larry Chester.
When it comes to the draft, I am a believer of the draft the best player available policy.

Hey CK, might wanna add two more years to Zach. I heard him say on TV last night that his new bride-to-be will probably add 2 years to his career!! :)

Hey Bod, you got it right. I watch tape all the time. And I never see Derrick out of position. And he blitzes well too. He's solid in coverage. That's why he's the nickel LB.

He wasn't solid in coverage until Zach went down in 2000 with injury then Rodgers was forced to play in nickel situations as cover. He was thrown into the fire and paid with some mistakes at first but learned very quickly and it fast became a strength. The name of Rodgers game is versatility and its just a shame that he's playing for a vanilla D coordinator who won't take advantage of his versatility.

Back
Top Bottom