D. Thompson's to Restructure / Henry Re-signs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Thompson's to Restructure / Henry Re-signs

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dolphins Trying to Restructure D. Thompson's Contract

The fins want to keep DT, so they are working with his agent on restructure. See Salary comment in Herald Shula's and Kosar's article:

Restructure Article

Opinions.....

That article also states that Leonard Henry agreed to a 1-year deal. :)

Originally posted by Muck
That article also states that Leonard Henry agreed to a 1-year deal. :)

Best news coming out that article.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Henry signed for 1yr-$380,000 per NFLPA

Clump is talking about the cap better than sex for you? :tongue:

Leonard Henry better be used as the damn 3rd down back this year! :tantrum:

Q.
Will Ricky Williams get more rest during the season? He is averaging almost 400 carries per season with the Dolphins and that pace can't be sustained long term. Will Travis Minor, Leonard Henry and Rob Konrad get more carries and/or plays?

A.
Last year, Ricky's amount of carries and such, can probably put blame squarely on me. I did not need him to carry it the way that he did, but it's always hard to pull Ricky Williams out of a game. Will those other guys run more? That is my intention. The year before, 2002, Ricky was even better simply because that early part of the season we had Robert Edwards working as a third down back, taking some load off of him. And I think we need to find a way to take a little bit off of Rick, with the reasonable knowledge that I trust those other guys carrying the football, that they are going to be able to do things and be productive. We have to limit what he does

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear this news on both accounts.

I know thompson struggled for about 75% of the year, but I'm trying to give him some lee-way here.

1. He was in his first year in a new offense
2. The QB in this offense is not accurate, nor strong armed
3. We switched QB's how many times this year?

That said, he DID drop a lot of balls, and it really torques me off. If he takes a pay cut, I'll welcome him and McKnight back. McKnight relaly stepped it up at the end, which made Thompson step it up. He's not a long term #2 solution, but I still think he has potential.

I like Leonard's Style...

Originally posted by minus

Best news coming out that article.

I for one would like to see what L. Henry will do for us carrying the football, in the regular season. He has shown quicknes and good strength while running the ball in the preseason...

Seeing him run, reminds me of the other Henry character, just can't place the team.;)

I am sure that Clumpy or CW can help me on this one.:D

Thompson

i'm glad to hear that we are going to try and re-structure Thompson's contract. I think he had a very bad season but i also think that he can play much better. I'm impressed that he recognized how badly that he played and that he wants to stay in Miami and prove himself. With a good QB (Rivers!) i think he will be a good 3rd WR

i hear theyve asked thompson to take a drastic cut theyve asked him if hed play for 25 dollars a game:D

i think since we signed henry, were going to let travis minor go, because i think a team that needs a runngback will sign him to a goodsize contract, because travis is a good enough back to start i think, he needs to get out of rickys shadow though

I said it before I'll say it again, we did not get the opportunity to see what Derrius Thompson can do. That is the bottom line. He wasn't thrown to much at all because we didn't have enough first downs and because the ball was funneled to Chambers an overwhelming number of times. I don't think it was the system, it was a combo of the QB and the amount of opportunities he got to catch it. He was new and needed to get in a groove in order to get going and we never gave him that opportunity by throwing it to him a lot.

Minor should not be let go. Then again, if they don't use him it doesn't matter (except if Williams gets hurt).

I'm fine with DT restructuring. He might make a good 3rd or 4th WR (assuming Miami's #2 WR is good).

Minor should get a very good role in the offense next year. In his rookie year he proved he can also catch the ball quite well, and for some reason we never use him in that role.

Back
Top Bottom