D. Thompson's to Restructure / Henry Re-signs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Thompson's to Restructure / Henry Re-signs

Leonard has some major skills. I was the happiest fin fan on the day of the 2002 draft, because I watched the kid for years at ECU and know what he could do. I am all for giving him 30-45 carries a year.

They better not start camp with Thompson starting, AND they better give him heavy competition for the #3 spot as well.

im sorry but mcknight only had one good play this yr in the redskins game, if he played like that regularly then hell yeah bring him back but he doesnt...

Originally posted by Phinfan31
im sorry but mcknight only had one good play this yr in the redskins game, if he played like that regularly then hell yeah bring him back but he doesnt...

Which is why he doesn't deserve to be back. They need to either sign a starter and draft another receiver in the mid-rounds, or draft a receiver high and sign a good vet.

I can Think of Two Good Plays...

Originally posted by Phinfan31

He also had a 68 yd TD run on a reverse against the Giants.

I don't think McKnight's a bad player. I think that he's the type of WR that needs a strong-armed QB to get him the ball deep. That's where he excels. The man can get open deep. But we did not have the QB to get it there. Nor did we have the OL to allow our QB to let him run his deep route without having to release the ball early.

Thompson is better then Mcdrops. Who is good for costing our qb at least 1 interception a year bouncing off his chest 6 feet in the air so the other team can grab it. I think he has had about three in two seasons do this.

He is fast on screens and reverses though. If they could have found more ways to get him the ball other then him having to make a catch cause he seems to struggle with that.

Originally posted by Brad528
Thompson is better then Mcdrops. Who is good for costing our qb at least 1 interception a year bouncing off his chest 6 feet in the air so the other team can grab it. I think he has had about three in two seasons do this.

Thompson hung his QBs out to dry this year too. He rounded off routes and didn't fight for the ball nearly enough. Houston and Tennessee are two that come to mind.

Originally posted by Muck

Thompson hung his QBs out to dry this year too. He rounded off routes and didn't fight for the ball nearly enough. Houston and Tennessee are two that come to mind.

True...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I said it before I'll say it again, we did not get the opportunity to see what Derrius Thompson can do. That is the bottom line. He wasn't thrown to much at all because we didn't have enough first downs and because the ball was funneled to Chambers an overwhelming number of times. I don't think it was the system, it was a combo of the QB and the amount of opportunities he got to catch it. He was new and needed to get in a groove in order to get going and we never gave him that opportunity by throwing it to him a lot.

FA WR's rarely excel in their 1st yr with a new team. He should do better in 2004.

I'm not sure what game some of the guys on this board was watching, but Mcknight is a play maker, it's hard to get into a groove with 1 or 2 looks per game. DT is better than what he showed. We do need to get the balls to these more if we expect them to produce. Production comes with confidence and 1 or 2 looks per game won't accomplish that. I'm tire of the whining here. Our players aren't getting the opportunities,,ie Minor, Henry. The fins needs to open the O to others and not just 1 or 2 looks and if they don't get anything, never come back to them again..They need keep these involve so they're ready, you can be bored to sleep and then all of sudden, and unexpectedly a play comes your way...that's hard on skilled players.

Back
Top Bottom