D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!!

Wade had one of the all time best playoff performances in league history last season. Granted the regular season ball the Heat played was less than stellar, but I think he got the nod because of his ability to WILL the Heat to victory last year. Fouls or no fouls Dallas was a half quarter away from being up 3-0 when Wade just took over the game and the finals. There are very few people, Bron included that can shoulder that type of burden at this stage of their careers.

UCFinfan86 said:
:sidelol: am i suppose to care what you think??? You already showed that your basketball opinion is worthless. You stated you hate wade which obviously means your opinion toward him is bias

is bias?
:sidelol:

Thanks for reminding me who I'm arguing with.

Amars said:
If you want to compare players stats. Kobe then was the best player last year.

Where did Kobe's team go? Wade's stats are compareable. Kobe had better scoring numbers, but he also didn't have as many options. Wade had 3 more assists a game and better defensive numbers

I don't beleive there is a best player in the NBA, i believe there is a 3 way tie between Bron, Kobe and Wade. However to give one of them the award over wade isn't fair, since wade did bring home the championship. Now if Dallas defeated Wade then i don't think you could give wade the award over them

Do you honestly think Wade doesnt go to the hoop uncontrollably. Why do think he hits hardwood so much.

Amars said:
Do you honestly think Wade doesnt go to the hoop uncontrollably. Why do think he hits hardwood so much.

Wade does, but to say that AI, Carter, kobe, Bron, etc. don't is ridiculous

Amars said:

If there is no rule against it why not anyways? All the calls Wade gets aren't BS calls, he is getting slapped and hit while in the air. He has proably the fastest first step in the league which allows him to do that, i wouldn't want him to settle for jump shots just because.

No where am i stating that Wade is better then kobe. I said he is equal

UCFinfan86 said:
Where did Kobe's team go? Wade's stats are compareable. Kobe had better scoring numbers, but he also didn't have as many options. Wade had 3 more assists a game and better defensive numbers

just making to the playoff with bunch of journeyman was incredible enough. On the other hand the heats were favored to win it last year.

Amars said:
just making to the playoff with bunch of journeyman was incredible enough. On the other hand the heats were favored to win it last year.

What kobe did was great, although there is justification it was partly his fault they weren't better. Look at them this year, he is distributing the ball, allowing Odom to get more into the game and they are doing better, last year he tried to do to much, imo.

Amars said:

Wade actually hit the floor less last year, he was in full control when the team needed him to step up and win games.

Being the Kobe HOMER and Laker homer that you are, can you HONESTLY say that Shaq was the same factor for Wade that he was with Kobe? Heck Zo outplayed Shaq in game 6 last year and Wade shouldered most of the burden, especially when the team was down 2-0 and minutes away from 3-0.
Guys like Posey and Payton came up with more big plays than Shaq down the stretch.

UCFinfan86 said:
If there is no rule against it why not anyways? All the calls Wade gets aren't BS calls, he is getting slapped and hit while in the air. He has proably the fastest first step in the league which allows him to do that, i wouldn't want him to settle for jump shots just because.

No where am i stating that Wade is better then kobe. I said he is equal

I compare it to just the way kobe or even jordan drove the basket they have such great body control in the air to adjust and make the shot instead just going up uncontrollably and throwing it up.

Amars said:

You seem to forget that the Heat finshed a decent 52-30 last year. Many people predicted a NJ upset over Miami in the playoffs, especially after Miami got blown out game 1.

Miami does not have a great team, to tell you the truth they also had a bunch of journeyman, guys like Payton, Posey, Williams, Walker, Zo and Haslem aren't exactly the stuff of legends. Shaq is a shell of his old self, he is a defensive liability and isn't close to being the scoring machine he once was. Yes he opens up the floor, but without Wade this team is a lottery team.

Amars said:
I compare it to just the way kobe or even jordan drove the basket they have such great body control in the air to adjust and make the shot instead just going up uncontrollably and throwing it up.

Its not uncontrollably, how often do you see Wade driving and just throwing up a shot that is not even close to going in? Barely ever. Wade also doesn't force some of the crazy jumpshops that kobe does that usually have no chance what so ever of going in(which he is doing alot less of this year)

Bumrush said:
Wade actually hit the floor less last year, he was in full control when the team needed him to step up and win games.

Being the Kobe HOMER and Laker homer that you are, can you HONESTLY say that Shaq was the same factor for Wade that he was with Kobe? Heck Zo outplayed Shaq in game 6 last year and Wade shouldered most of the burden, especially when the team was down 2-0 and minutes away from 3-0.
Guys like Posey and Payton came up with more big plays than Shaq down the stretch.

To be honest kobe could of had freakin Brian Grant play center and still would of won those championships. The freaking East teams in those finals were a joke. But Shaq was great and rightfully so he the MVP.

Amars said:
To be honest kobe could of had freakin Brian Grant play center and still would of won those championships. The freaking East teams in those finals were a joke.

I know your proably being sarcastic and just trying to prove a point, but i highly doubt that. While i dont discount the fact that Kobe COULD have won a championship without shaq, i dont think he would have won one with a lineup of Fisher, Kobe, George, Horry, Grant because his team last year is twice as good as that and he didn't get out of the first round

Back
Top Bottom