D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!!

Vertical Limit said:
Yeah, so uncontrollably that he averaged 34 points per game in the Finals, which ties for 2nd best in league history.

Living on the free throw line. Did you watch the finals?

MikeO said:
Roger Federer has had the best year of any tennis player EVER!!! Hear that, EVER!!!! Even McEnroe said so and Johnny Mac never gives anyone any credit.

And if you don't want to go Federer, fine. I can still name about 10 other people over Wade.

The kid with autism in Rochester, NY who hit 6 three pointers in a high school game. George Mason as a team. Tony LaRussa!! I would even give it to the horse who won the Derby, then broke its leg and has survived! Tiger Woods!!! The San Francisco writers who exposed the Balco and the grand jury stuff who might go to jail over it!!!!!!! Paul Tagliabue in his final year as NFL Commish and where he has taken that sport and built it up.

Wade had a nice year........but it wasn't anything to warrant Sportsman of the Year by any means.

Bottom line........SI is teamed with CNN on many projects (website being the largest) . CNN is owend by Turner Inc.. Turner owns TNT. TNT has NBA games. Follow the food chain!!!

:clap:

Amars said:

You mean shooting less FT's a game than Dirk?

The haters are out in force!

BTW Bumrush....the Heat's squad was far from "full of journeymen".

When you have a backup center as a defensive force, along with a PG like J-Will, a clutch defensive stopper and 3 pt. assasin in Posey along with a Antoine Walker that all of a sudden had game int he playoffs...then you have a very good team.

Couldnt be Dwade discussion without the biggest heats homer.

Less Free Throw Attempt then Dirk in the finals :lol: ya right.

Dirk highest FTA in the finals was 13. I think 9-12 FTA/game is the average in the NBA.

DWADE had games of 21 and 25 FTA in the finals. That is insane. Only person who should get that many attempts is Shaq when they did hack a shaq.

MikeO said:
Roger Federer has had the best year of any tennis player EVER!!! Hear that, EVER!!!! Even McEnroe said so and Johnny Mac never gives anyone any credit.

And if you don't want to go Federer, fine. I can still name about 10 other people over Wade.

The kid with autism in Rochester, NY who hit 6 three pointers in a high school game. George Mason as a team. Tony LaRussa!! I would even give it to the horse who won the Derby, then broke its leg and has survived! Tiger Woods!!! The San Francisco writers who exposed the Balco and the grand jury stuff who might go to jail over it!!!!!!! Paul Tagliabue in his final year as NFL Commish and where he has taken that sport and built it up.

Wade had a nice year........but it wasn't anything to warrant Sportsman of the Year by any means.

Bottom line........SI is teamed with CNN on many projects (website being the largest) . CNN is owend by Turner Inc.. Turner owns TNT. TNT has NBA games. Follow the food chain!!!

Amen MikeO!

Amars said:
Same could have been said about Michael Jordan. What's his response to that? Oh that's right, "So?".

Big fricken deal. Dwyane Wade, 16 FTA per game in the NBA Finals, is expected.

He had the ball on his hands for more than 70% of the plays in each game against the Mavericks. He is also one of the most physical guards in this league; draws up tons of contact either with the pump fake or on the paint. Wade explodes through holes on the court like a running back.

Either get out of his way or you will send him on the foul line. Case closed.

Amars said:
Hey man nobody mad here. That fact is we can come here and voice our opinion whether you like or not. You must be some kinda of communist to think we cant. The only one that seems mad and emotional is you. If you think Im a heats hater go right ahead but Ive never said I hate the heats. The only thing I said is shaq is over the hill but still effective and that dwade is good top 3 guard in the league but hes not greatness. If that makes me a HEATS haters then I guess I am. Greatness doesnt happen in 3 season. Jordan is Greatness constantly double team in the playoffs and finals, Shaq is Greatness for the same reason. Both Unstopable even when double and proved it time and time again. I wouldnt even call Kobe greatness but he has the talent to get there. You take away those double team on shaq and you have a different results in the finals. Even though shaq is not the shaq of old he still require a double team especially in the playoffs because of his greatness.

Your opinion of greatness just differs from others, you save the word for truly greats, which probably it should be, as alot of times words such a best ever and such get thrown around to loosely.

UCFinfan86 said:
Your opinion of greatness just differs from others, you save the word for truly greats, which probably it should be, as alot of times words such a best ever and such get thrown around to loosely.

I guess. Jordan is just the greatest of greats then.

One theory starting to come out is that the ONLY reason Wade was picked was because he can show up for BOTH SI ceremonies that come with winning the award. Because SI needs to keep the sponsors happy and so on and so forth.

The guy who made the pick was interviewed today on a NYC radio station.

http://wfan.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=180799

Listen to it there. The guy from SI comes off like very bad. So bad that at one point he gets upset of the spelling of his own name on the TV show (simulcast TV/radio). Only to find out that they got the spelling of his name from his website and his own website has his own name spelled wrong.

He tries about 10 defenses for the pick, they all fail and are shot down!!!

MikeO said:
One theory starting to come out is that the ONLY reason Wade was picked was because he can show up for BOTH SI ceremonies that come with winning the award. Because SI needs to keep the sponsors happy and so on and so forth.

The guy who made the pick was interviewed today on a NYC radio station.

http://wfan.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=180799

Listen to it there. The guy from SI comes off like very bad. So bad that at one point he gets upset of the spelling of his own name on the TV show (simulcast TV/radio). Only to find out that they got the spelling of his name from his website and his own website has his own name spelled wrong.

He tries about 10 defenses for the pick, they all fail and are shot down!!!

Nice find. The SI guy is a moron, and now I see clearly why the moronic Wade pick was made.

UCFinfan86 said:
The fact of the matter is right now wade is the best player in the league right now, hes a star player coming off a championship team. Until LeBron or Kobe gets another title or comes close Wade should be labeled the best.

Also why would they give it to a tennis player? Not alot of people in America follow Tennis, let alone a foregin tennis player.

Now if they wanted to give the award to Peyton Manning Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujos or someone like that fine. I wouldn't even have complained if it was Kobe or LeBron, but Wade has his own arguments over them as well

Uh, isnt Pujols a foreigner as well?

UCFinfan86 said:
The fact of the matter is right now wade is the best player in the league right now, hes a star player coming off a championship team. Until LeBron or Kobe gets another title or comes close Wade should be labeled the best.

Also why would they give it to a tennis player? Not alot of people in America follow Tennis, let alone a foregin tennis player.

Now if they wanted to give the award to Peyton Manning Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujos or someone like that fine. I wouldn't even have complained if it was Kobe or LeBron, but Wade has his own arguments over them as well

We'll see what Wade can do without Shaq. So far, not so good

Back
Top Bottom