D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!!

phinman1 said:
Nice find. The SI guy is a moron, and now I see clearly why the moronic Wade pick was made.

Oh yeah..because they needed to pick a tennis player that 90% of the world has never seen play.

Or how bout a guy that plays golf better than everybody else?

Give me a break.

Had Ronaldinho won the WC with Brazil and he had a big part...that would have made sense as well.

Instead of hating...give an alternative.

UCFinfan86 said:
Did i not say that i have no problem with Bron or Kobe either? But right now of course if your going to give an award you have to give it to the guy with the championship.

:sidelol: When is the last time your team has won anything in the worst divison in the history sports

You a Heat fan?

UCFinfan86 said:
I don't beleive there is a best player in the NBA, i believe there is a 3 way tie between Bron, Kobe and Wade. However to give one of them the award over wade isn't fair, since wade did bring home the championship. Now if Dallas defeated Wade then i don't think you could give wade the award over them

IMO there's no such thing as a best player in the NBA b/c LeBron, Wade, Kobe, whoever, still needs the help of their teammates to score, assist, and rebound. It's a team sport

As far as MVP, guys CAN be more valuable then others, like the 3 I mentioned above.

Section126 said:
Oh yeah..because they needed to pick a tennis player that 90% of the world has never seen play.

Give me a break.

Had Ronaldinho won the WC with Brazil and he had a big part...that would have made sense as well.

I would have given it to the kid from Rochester, NY with autism who hit 6 THREE POINTERS in a high school game. That is the real athlete of the year. They are making a movie about that and it will be released nationally next year in theaters! What he did is what "sports" is all about!! That is overcoming the odds!!!

If not him then George Mason for their final 4 run.

Although if your going for ON THE COURT play, then Federer is the man. In something like 17 what you would call major tournaments he was in the Finals of 16 of them. Won 11. Won 3 of the 4 Grand Slams. It's the greatest single season any tennis player has ever had.

They have given the award in the past to Chris Everert and Billy Jean King and those 2 didn't come close to the year Federerr had.

The award is BS anyway. In 1957 they gave it to Stan Musial when in that same year Ted Williams hit .388 at the age of 40! And they gave it to 2 Track and Field people in "NON-Olympic years" which makes no friggin sesne. They didn't even give it to HANK AARON when he broke Ruth's home run record. Or even Roger Maris the year he hit 61.

Section126 said:

Give me a break.

Oh, and the world gives a crap about Wade? Please. Hell, Iverson is twice as big as Wade is overseas. Nobody cares about him outside of Miami. Rest assured if Federer was American, he would have won, which says it all.

MikeO alluded to it earlier. Time Warner owns SI and TNT. Of course, TNT shows the NBA and the ratings aren't great, this cover is the latest sad attempt at "synergy". It's not about substance, it's about marketing.

As for an alternative, I gave one--Federer. I could list other more deserving athletes then Wade, but I don't want to overload the server.

Section126 said:
Without J-Will, James Posey, and others for most of the year as well.

True, but these guys arent that great. Miami was the best team in the NBA last year and I loved them beating the Mavs (who I hate).

But the Eastern Conference stinks. Miami will be back in no time.

Sportsman of the year though, I don't think Wade deserves it. As for who does, it's a losing arguement. We'll all make good points about several folks and it'll never end.

Wade is a good basketball player...BUT sportsman of the year?Ehhh.Thats stretchin it a lil bit.Hes a good player in the NBA,and yes the Heat won the title last year,but all sports should be accounted for when a winner is decided.Hey I love basketball as much as the next man,but just because I dont watch tennis as much,or golf these sports shouldnt be overlooked.Hell Tiger Woods couldve won this award.

Section126 said:

Give me a break.

funny i wasnt aware that sportsman of the year was a popularity contest....

MikeO said:
I would have given it to the kid from Rochester, NY with autism who hit 6 THREE POINTERS in a high school game. That is the real athlete of the year. They are making a movie about that and it will be released nationally next year in theaters! What he did is what "sports" is all about!! That is overcoming the odds!!!

If not him then George Mason for their final 4 run.

Although if your going for ON THE COURT play, then Federer is the man. In something like 17 what you would call major tournaments he was in the Finals of 16 of them. Won 11. Won 3 of the 4 Grand Slams. It's the greatest single season any tennis player has ever had.

They have given the award in the past to Chris Everert and Billy Jean King and those 2 didn't come close to the year Federerr had.

The award is BS anyway. In 1957 they gave it to Stan Musial when in that same year Ted Williams hit .388 at the age of 40! And they gave it to 2 Track and Field people in "NON-Olympic years" which makes no friggin sesne. They didn't even give it to HANK AARON when he broke Ruth's home run record. Or even Roger Maris the year he hit 61.

Best MikeO post ever..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-818944862742874918&q=jason+autism&hl=en

I understand the warning with this elementry school warning system..

but why the hell was my entire post deleted?

& lol @ "level 4" - what was so level 4 about that? I didn't even single anyone out.

So if a member says that he/she wants to jump off a bridge and someone says.. "if anyone (this goes out to all) wants to jump off a bridge, then they are an idiot" - that's against the TOS? Seriously, we'll grow up when the rules do. :rolleyes2

The thing is that the mentally chalnged kid who scored all those 3s isn't as famous as a D Wade.

Its a great story though.

Back
Top Bottom