Dalvin Cook to the jets. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to the jets.

If Cook loved the Jets he would have signed right away after Arod gave up millions .He made them wait

If it helps them beat Bill's then it is actually a plus for Us. The Bills are still going to be a problem not sure what yall are hyping over the Jets at the expense of the Bills.

I wonder who’s the odd man out of the Jets backfield.

Let’s assume that Breece Hall, Dalvin Cook and Izzy Abanikanda are locks. Unless they keep 5 RB, either Bam Knight or Michael Carter are going to be cut.

That’s gonna be interesting.

Wilkins and Achane > Cook. We are first and foremost a passing team. Jets getting cook shows how scared the jets are of their oline and an old Rodgers. We should stay on course and we will be fine.
Exactly

Meh. It is a RB. The least important position on offense. Only difference makers left at the RB position,are guys that are elite receivers out of the backfield. That is because them catching the ball is more important then them running the ball. Also throw in the fact that Hall is probably better anyway, they spent 8 million to improve maybe the back up RB position. This is literally a Jets being Jets move. Only way it actually helps is if they think Hall won't be the same this year after injury, then is is just a wash from last year at RB.

short term this is not good for us. He is a good player we have to go against. Long term it is better we didn't sign him because we are salary cap hell. We need all the money we can get for the next few years.

Jets have a top 5 defense and now they have Rodgers running the offense w cook & hall. Smh… Grier the one move that should have been made was signing cook. This will bite us in the azz.
Jets had a top 5 defense because they played nothing but backup QBs last year. When they had to play a decent QB they lost.

All Cook did was guarantee himself a mediocre season.

I'm not worried about a "I'd rather be hosting Jeopardy" 40 year old QB either. Good luck fighting the Pats for 3rd place.

Pluses of Cook to Jets:
1. Rodgers and Cook must be putting some degree of strain on their financial ability to hire injury replacements or extend other contracts.
2. I did not want him due to money and I like the guys we have.
3. He does have an injury history. They might be paying a guy to be on IR. That can happen to anyone, but expensive players with an injury history are a double risk.

Minuses:
1. He is a better than average back and should help their offense.
2. It should provide a motivational or enthusiasm bounce for the franchise.

Leveon Bell 2.0 fellas. Nothing to see hear.

Can't think of the last time a big name FA RB signed with a new team and was still dominant. I'm struggling...
Curtis Martin and Corey Dillon are the only two I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom