Dalvin Cook working out in Miami?? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook working out in Miami??

Adding cook giving him 15-20 carries a game and giving achane 10-15 touches a game would keep both players explosive all season long and allow Miami to lean on a running attack. Which in turn will help tua more then anything else. Having an effective play action game will really open up this offense.

I see.

But who are those players that would move the needle more then Cook?

I don't see 1 player, currently available that would move that needle farther then Cook.

Miami already got the best tackle available in FA.

So I'm curious who these few players are. Heck, I might agree with you, but I don't know who you are thinking or talking about.

Also I would like to point out.

Miami only had 3.5 million in cap space when they traded for Hill.

That didn't keep them from acquiring him.

Just like signing Cook to even a 10 million a year contract wouldn't keep Miami from being able to sign someone who may become available later

Grier said it best. When Hill became available, he made it happen.

Cook is not Hill. But he is in that upper echelon.

You don't not sign Cook because you wanna see if a quality linemen is released or cut later.

You get the guy that improves your team
That's where I am. He's just too good of a player not to take a chance on. I see it as doubling up. I like our RB group. I think they could be very good this year. But I liked our DB group last year too. If you have a chance to add an elite talent, you do it.

Starting to wonder in Achane's looking so good in camp has led our staff to take a pass on Cook. I'm a little concerned though that any major decisions are being made in shirts and shorts

Starting to wonder in Achane's looking so good in camp has led our staff to take a pass on Cook. I'm a little concerned though that any major decisions are being made in shirts and shorts

Camp! Camp! Not even training Camp!

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

Your just taking the ball out Tua/Hill/Waddle/Achane’s hands more.
maybe.... or you are distracting the coverage on Hill/Waddle and opening the team up to become multi-dimensional on offense rather than a one trick pony offense that dies when the passing game is defended. (qb injury, no TE threat, no run game)

I'd much rather have a proven and explosive Rb in my backfield than not.

We find out finally this week
* vikings don't release him and he just plays as normal.
* He trades to a team who pay too much
* He is released and goes to rival
* He is released and signs with us and we trade wilson out

We find out finally this week
* vikings don't release him and he just plays as normal.
* He trades to a team who pay too much
* He is released and goes to rival
* He is released and signs with us and we trade wilson out
Or stays and takes a pay cut, I see that scenario as decent odds of happening.

It wouldn't be based on just OTAs. It would mostly be based on their draft eval. The OTAs might just confirm what they believed.

That being said, I do wonder if drafting Achane did make their interest in Cook more tepid? I still believe Grier would add a guy like Cook if possible, but being able to get Achane, whom McD was so obviously pining for, has to factor in.

As noone seems to want to do a Cook mega thread, I'll post this in all of the various Cook threads just as an update.

I see.

But who are those players that would move the needle more then Cook?

I don't see 1 player, currently available that would move that needle farther then Cook.

Miami already got the best tackle available in FA.

So I'm curious who these few players are. Heck, I might agree with you, but I don't know who you are thinking or talking about.

Also I would like to point out.

Miami only had 3.5 million in cap space when they traded for Hill.

That didn't keep them from acquiring him.

Just like signing Cook to even a 10 million a year contract wouldn't keep Miami from being able to sign someone who may become available later

Grier said it best. When Hill became available, he made it happen.

Cook is not Hill. But he is in that upper echelon.

You don't not sign Cook because you wanna see if a quality linemen is released or cut later.

You get the guy that improves your team
Probably a good time to close up my thoughts on this Gryphonk. This is why my analytical data was not in favor of Cook back in May. He didn't move the needle enough, especially with the risk. We didn't know who would be available, but again, odds were on our side that large talent would be available before the season and shoot, we were in the running for Taylor. Again, RB position moves the needle, but not like it used to. Seems nearly the entire NFL now agrees with something I've been saying since last season.

It's also a good example on why people on here need to learn to respect other's thoughts. Because maybe, they know more that you and have the data to back up what they are saying 2.0 and Loco 😎

Probably a good time to close up my thoughts on this Gryphonk. This is why my analytical data was not in favor of Cook back in May. He didn't move the needle enough, especially with the risk. We didn't know who would be available, but again, odds were on our side that large talent would be available before the season and shoot, we were in the running for Taylor. Again, RB position moves the needle, but not like it used to. Seems nearly the entire NFL now agrees with something I've been saying since last season.

It's also a good example on why people on here need to learn to respect other's thoughts. Because maybe, they know more that you and have the data to back up what they are saying 2.0 and Loco 😎

Interesting.

So are you saying;

1) I don't respect others opinions? If so please explain what in my quote was disrespectful or not respecting others opinions.

2) I don't provide data or information to justify my position?

Back
Top Bottom