Damien Williams Has earned the Miami Dolphins’ No. 2 RB spot.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damien Williams Has earned the Miami Dolphins’ No. 2 RB spot..

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
It’s well established that Lamar Miller is the No. 1 running back on the Miami Dolphins. Only an unfortunate injury would keep Miller away from the starting backfield on Sept. 13. After Saturday’s second exhibition game against the Carolina Panthers, it is now evident that Damien Williams is No. 2. I’m starting to believe that’s a good thing.
Prior to the start of training camp, the excitement of seeing rookie fifth-round draft pick Jay Ajayi run along with Miller was sky high. Ajayi has been spotty in camp, both on the field and with injuries. He was absent in both exhibition contests. The “Jay Train” is in trouble of being derailed.
Williams, meanwhile, saw the most action of any Miami back in the first preseason game at the Chicago Bears and got the bulk of the important carries in Carolina. The former Oklahoma Sooners’ rusher had one touchdown on the ground and one receiving. He would have had a third score, but he lost control of the football right before it hit the pylon. That fumble gave Carolina possession on a touch back.

All three are scat backs, Miller, williams and james are all samll backs with tremendous speed, If Ajayi gets cut then what do we do for a big back ??

Nik Zirounis is an NFL/Dolphins writer for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @realnikz and like him on Facebook.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/...stablished-himself-as-miami-dolphins-no-2-rb/

It’s well established that Lamar Miller is the No. 1 running back on the Miami Dolphins. Only an unfortunate injury would keep Miller away from the starting backfield on Sept. 13. After Saturday’s second exhibition game against the Carolina Panthers, it is now evident that Damien Williams is No. 2. I’m starting to believe that’s a good thing.
Prior to the start of training camp, the excitement of seeing rookie fifth-round draft pick Jay Ajayi run along with Miller was sky high. Ajayi has been spotty in camp, both on the field and with injuries. He was absent in both exhibition contests. The “Jay Train” is in trouble of being derailed.
Williams, meanwhile, saw the most action of any Miami back in the first preseason game at the Chicago Bears and got the bulk of the important carries in Carolina. The former Oklahoma Sooners’ rusher had one touchdown on the ground and one receiving. He would have had a third score, but he lost control of the football right before it hit the pylon. That fumble gave Carolina possession on a touch back.

All three are scat backs, Miller, williams and james are all samll backs with tremendous speed, If Ajayi gets cut then what do we do for a big back ??

Nik Zirounis is an NFL/Dolphins writer for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @realnikz and like him on Facebook.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/...stablished-himself-as-miami-dolphins-no-2-rb/
Keep James over Ajayi?

That's my guy . . . really believe he'll be an asset in the second half of games. He is gonna burn a bunch of LBs in the passing game this year.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Keep James over Ajayi?

Nah you can't cut Ajayi . . . if we keep James, we keep 4 backs, and Ajayi is one of our inactives on Sundays.

We just drafted Ajayi and we are going to cut him? Even TE Arthur lynch was injured last year, didn't show much and we still didn't cut him.

Williams is very limited between the tackles, which is kind of a big deal.

Agreed....I like that he has been making mistakes, which seemed to be biggest issue before. He looked super sneaky on that goal line run for TD

Can we really trust him with the ball though?He is getting really limited snaps here in the preseason and he is still fumbling at lease once a game...

Can we put Ajayi on the Practice Squad and go with Miller, Willams and LaMike as our one through three. I like Ajayi's potential but he hasn't shown anything.

Yea Williams is the #2 RB. James #3 he ran hard last night. Did well on KRs too. Ayaji is in danger. But i don't think we can cut a 5th round pick we just made

We will keep four backs. It's not like we use a fullback, so the roster space is there. Throw in that James appears to be a good special teams option and it is a no-brainer.

Can we put Ajayi on the Practice Squad and go with Miller, Willams and LaMike as our one through three. I like Ajayi's potential but he hasn't shown anything.

He'll get snatched up if we even think about the practice squad with him. You have to stash him as an inactive on the roster.

All Small backs?

Isn't Miller around 225 - 230?

Back
Top Bottom