Damien Williams Has earned the Miami Dolphins’ No. 2 RB spot.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damien Williams Has earned the Miami Dolphins’ No. 2 RB spot..

Miller just seems more comfortable and fluid. He's always had a nack for reading blocks in my opinion. Hopefully he's continued to work on his catching skills.

I really doubt Ayaji will get cut. But you never know.
DW has earned that #2 spot. I think LJ will be the kick returner. Have 4 backs.
Hope Miller goes off this year.

Damien doesnt have the vision you'd like from a RB. But he's very effective in the passing game blocking and catching. Strictly a 3rd down back

I think that's been the consistent consensus on Damien Williams. Great hands, great in the open field. But no vision or burst through the hole. A great 3rd down back, but not an every down back.

----------

Strengths: Very good hands. Fine balance and body control. Catches the ball cleanly outside his frame and is nifty-footed to juke linebackers in the open field after the catch, displaying some creativity.

Weaknesses: Very average vision and feel to anticipate creases. Runs with blinders and misses holes. Not explosive to and through the hole.

Bottom Line: Could bring the most value to a team as a pass catcher in a change-of-pace role.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/damien-williams?id=2543633

We will have 4 backs - having 3 is asking for trouble from an injury risk standpoint. Williams has done some good things but his rushing average needs to climb above 4.0.

The guy who gets cut will be gillisplippee.

Can we really trust him with the ball though?He is getting really limited snaps here in the preseason and he is still fumbling at lease once a game...

That "questionnable" fumble in the end zone was a great effort by a player trying to help his team win. Wallace didn't show that kind of effort for a player making several more millions than Williams.

That absolutely was a TD. I've watched it a few times in slow motion and it was in his control when it crossed the plane, imo. The fact it fell out of his grasp after he crossed the plane distracted the zebras from checking the ball's position re the goal-line.

Still as somebody said, Williams has more in common with Marcus Thigpen than Lamar Miller, despite the size.

As an aside, I'd be really interested to see Damar Aultman being tried as an RB. Probably too late for him to make the Fins roster, but he looks a lot more like a scatback than a WR.

I didnt like the value of Ajayi where we got him, but rarely are 5th rounders cut the same year. There will be a few RBs cut that are superior to him and I dont want us passing on one of them because we felt we had to save face with our draft choices.

Ajayi has earned nothing so far... Perhaps a spot on IR.

I haven't watched any of the preseason, but is Williams showing anything different from last season? Really good pass catcher out of the back field and shifty in the open field, but below average burst/acceleration and offers little to nothing between the tackles. Cause by the end of last season I remember thinking he was a good pass catching RB but nothing more... which, if he can block, would make him a valuable addition to the team.

Seems like hes won the goalline gig...to which i say better drop that pad level

Ajayi has been spotty in camp, both on the field and with injuries.

The only thing spotty was his injuries. But, when he was on the field there was always a couple of eye opening runs.

It has been a big disapointment for me not seeing him play. NO injuries, he puts pedestrian Miller on the bench. And Ajayi isnt getting cut. No way, no how. Looks like its next year for him to beat out williams (who i would also take over miller) for the starting job.

I believe this is millers contract year and the Dawn and the Baum are not paying him a big contract. He will have to get 1300 yds and 400 yds receiving for any big contract. Again, he was poop house lucky getting that huge run opportunity in the last game that kept him once again from being a sub 1000 yd rb. Those kind of coast to coast runs only come along once in a lifetime and only a hand fullof rb's have ever been presented one.

Wont happen this year and that probably leaves him around 900 yds again. I think drafting JA was for this very reason. Yes, they wanted him on the field this year, but i think he was drafted knowing they were most likely going to let miller walk this off season.

did he just say Pedestrian Miller? :tubes:

Back
Top Bottom