Damien Williams to the Chiefs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damien Williams to the Chiefs

I liked him when he wore 34... reminded me of the great Ricky a little bit. But outside of the name and number.... meh. He was really good at catching the rock, I'll give him that

There was nothing about how Williams play that remotely came close to Ricky Williams.

Last edited:
Williams was a undrafted fa rookie we got a ton of value out of. He played a bit uninterested for my tastes last year but improved when Ajayi was let go. Made some dumb decisions at time. Still need a decent rookie Drake gets banged up easily

He's at best an average player, and makes as many bonehead mistakes as good plays. That makes him below average in my book. Won't be missed.

I wish him luck nonetheless. He's a weapon out of the backfield on passsing downs and has special teams value (NOT as a returner -- still can't believe we had him there at one point).

Frank Gore at 35 years old is a significant upgrade.

Good! Time for new blood. Tired of constantly holding on to JAGs from 6-8 win teams. Matt Moore needs canned as well.

Solid if unspectacular 3rd down back. We got mileage out of him, and he had some good moments, but easy to improve on

He played last year at 1.8 million I believe. In this deep RB class you can find a guy to play at that price for 3 years and do things that he provided.

Its like Michael Thomas as well.

These are guys we retained at a higher price than what they would of gotten in FA last year because of our great lockerroom after 2016.

A year later and now it has been stated that the culture inside the lockerroom was bad and Gase is getting “his guys”.

The only thing that fractured the “culture” of the lockerroom was a group of offensive playmakers that had to deal with Cutler throwing the ball and a group of defensive players who endured one of the worst stretches of offensive football in NFL history with Cutler throwing the ball. They can sell other narratives to someone else.

But we’ll see. Anyway for a team with less than desirable cap issues, you have to trust the draft process to get a suitable replacement far cheaper at RB.

Well let's be fair in the case of Michael Thomas. Great locker room guy, but worthless on defense. While he was a good ST player, the team decided Aiken was more of a priority for ST.

Well let's be fair in the case of Michael Thomas. Great locker room guy, but worthless on defense. While he was a good ST player, the team decided Aiken was more of a priority for ST.
And I think thats fine and maybe even an upgrade. Aikens has made some plays out there on ST the last couple of years, and is a much better athlete than thomas too

I will always remember that one play by Williams: Thursday night against Buffalo in 2014. I think it was 3rd and 16 or 18. It was probably the only time we converted a RB dump off on 3rd and long for a first down. Loved that play.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom