Dan Campbell is still dumb. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell is still dumb.

I doubt anyone here is rooting against DC. He’s one of those guys — IMO — it’s impossible not to pull for. He’s so likeable.

That said, his team is an absolute mess. Mental errors and drive killing penalties are signs of a poorly coached football team. The Lions have that in spades. And as a play caller, DC is stuck in the 1980s, repeatedly calling three runs up the gut that force quick punts. The clock management and in-game decisions are atrocious.

I figure he’s got a leash of 3 years or so. Still plenty of time to figure it out and put the pieces together. But early signs don’t look good.

You're looking at it in a vacuum. Theu have also played well in some games they had no business being in at their talent level.

You can't really judge a coach when he's working with backup quality as starters as almost every position. There's a reason those kinds of guys are backups and mental errors are part of it.

You're looking at it in a vacuum. Theu have also played well in some games they had no business being in at their talent level.

You can't really judge a coach when he's working with backup quality as starters as almost every position. There's a reason those kinds of guys are backups and mental errors are part of it.
I don't think I am. The one thing I'll give DC is his team plays hard for him. You look at his team's record this year and they've lost many games by close margins. It's not as if they're never competitive and are being blown out. They're in many games down to the wire.

But compare the Lions this year to the first year of our rebuild. The one thing that Brian Flores had going for him in Miami in his first year was that it didn't matter how bad we were or how talent deficient we were, he had his team playing disciplined football. DC has the opposite in Detroit. There were two different drives yesterday where they had three straight holding penalties on the offensive line, backing them up into 3rd-and-30+ territory.

I don't care how talent deficient a team is. You don't need talent to play disciplined football. That's the bare minimum you should expect in the first year of a rebuild if you've got a coach that actually knows how to coach football. I'm rooting for DC. I want him to succeed. Just not sure he actually will...

I am sick of watching $hitty teams play on Thanksgiving. What a God awful game this was. The NFL should make a rule to flex the games to put competitive teams to play not boring crap like these two teams. At least the Raiders and Cowboys game was fun to watch but screw the Cowboys. Put 2 competitive teams to battle other than tradition. Seriously. What has happen to NFL during this Holiday bland and boring. I say the fans pick the games for next year. I don't want see the WFT or the Cowboys or the Lions to play anymore. Do not choose these pathetic Lions ever again. Don't make it just a dome game. Let everybody get to play I want outdoor games for this holiday. We might just see snow once in awhile. Don't exclude anyone have all 32 teams have a crack at it. Just my 2 cents.

They had a 3rd and 7 that turned into a 3rd and 32 all from penalties. Then had a 2nd and 5 turn into a 2nd and 30 again, all off of penalties. You can't get much worse than that.

I doubt anyone here is rooting against DC. He’s one of those guys — IMO — it’s impossible not to pull for. He’s so likeable.

That said, his team is an absolute mess. Mental errors and drive killing penalties are signs of a poorly coached football team. The Lions have that in spades. And as a play caller, DC is stuck in the 1980s, repeatedly calling three runs up the gut that force quick punts. The clock management and in-game decisions are atrocious.

I figure he’s got a leash of 3 years or so. Still plenty of time to figure it out and put the pieces together. But early signs don’t look good.
Not rooting against him but not buying him as being some revolutionary HC just because he’s kind of nuts.

Just like Tua, or T-hill, or some other random T NFL name, for some folks it's going to take 5-7 years before the Dan Campbell patina emerges and even then the cult supporters will praise their hero and blame whatever peripheral anomaly (delusion) they perceive from the corner of their 3rd eye! It's a fact! 3rd eye is a thing! Look it up!

Beyond that --- the incessant dick comparison around here gets really (well I can't say those words anymore because they're not politically erect)!

JK. I have a total Dolphins boner right now.

:bobdole:

Just like Tua, or T-hill, or some other random T NFL name, for some folks it's going to take 5-7 years before the Dan Campbell patina emerges and even then the cult supporters will praise their hero and blame whatever peripheral anomaly (delusion) they perceive from the corner of their 3rd eye! It's a fact! 3rd eye is a thing! Look it up!

Beyond that --- the incessant dick comparison around here gets really (well I can't say those words anymore because they're not politically erect)!

JK. I have a total Dolphins boner right now.

:bobdole:
Enjoying the circle jerk? - LOL

Enjoying the circle jerk? - LOL
Uncle Ray, you've never written truer words in this here barnyard!

c o c k - a - doodle - doo!

It's 5am somewhere!

Time for Merlot!

>>> French of course.

:p

It's 5am somewhere!

Time for Merlot!

>>> French of course.

It

It's 5am somewhere!

Time for Merlot!

>>> French of course.

It seems our very substantial Win today has made you more than a "little" giddy.
Don't let it go to your head. LOL

Sitting here watching hard knocks. After seeing this 1st episode I'd bet a bad tattoo that he will have em in playoffs in 3 years at latest. Dude WILL succeed. It's obvious football is what he does, he's comfortable leading these men, and they will be a tight knit unit. If im the GM I give him long long leash. it's clear he's good at what he does.

Sitting here watching hard knocks. After seeing this 1st episode I'd bet a bad tattoo that he will have em in playoffs in 3 years at latest. Dude WILL succeed. It's obvious football is what he does, he's comfortable leading these men, and they will be a tight knit unit. If im the GM I give him long long leash. it's clear he's good at what he does.

You actually remembered this thread or you just went that many pages back? Not intended in a rude way I'm just sort of impressed?

You actually remembered this thread or you just went that many pages back? Not intended in a rude way I'm just sort of impressed?
haha I was trying not to start Dan Campbell part 12 thread or whatever it would be, so I UTMFSF (not sure if that's a real acronym yet, but I used the mf search function) in an attempt to be a good poster!

Back
Top Bottom