Dan Campbell is still dumb. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell is still dumb.

He’s a new head coach and learning on the job, we should all be aware of something like that.
I doubt anyone here is rooting against DC. He’s one of those guys — IMO — it’s impossible not to pull for. He’s so likeable.

That said, his team is an absolute mess. Mental errors and drive killing penalties are signs of a poorly coached football team. The Lions have that in spades. And as a play caller, DC is stuck in the 1980s, repeatedly calling three runs up the gut that force quick punts. The clock management and in-game decisions are atrocious.

I figure he’s got a leash of 3 years or so. Still plenty of time to figure it out and put the pieces together. But early signs don’t look good.

I doubt anyone here is rooting against DC. He’s one of those guys — IMO — it’s impossible not to pull for. He’s so likeable.

That said, his team is an absolute mess. Mental errors and drive killing penalties are signs of a poorly coached football team. The Lions have that in spades. And as a play caller, DC is stuck in the 1980s, repeatedly calling three runs up the gut that force quick punts. The clock management and in-game decisions are atrocious.

I figure he’s got a leash of 3 years or so. Still plenty of time to figure it out and put the pieces together. But early signs don’t look good.
Not sure a winless season wouldn't get him canned, but I hope he makes it.

Really? Have you forgotten that Campbell has won a few games too
As an actual head coach ? Not an interim running someone else’s team. Him running his own program hasn’t done ****. Cool guy, not a good head coach.

I was a huge fan of Campbell when he took over for limpdick Failbin, but as that season went on, it became clear that Campbell didn't have much vision or 'big picture/ 'chess not checkers' intellect and, like my thread title suggests, still doesnt.

Lost his first 7 starts including the first two by over 100 combined points.
It's the wins that tell the story, you should know that by now.

When was the last time a team had a perfect season?

Now do you understand?

He's going to have a hard time trying to get a HC job, once this season is over. He's had some tough losses go against him this year, tho. He'll always get a job coaching TEs or an OL. Seems that's where he maybe performs his best.

Back
Top Bottom