Dan Le Retard and another gloom and doom article... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Le Retard and another gloom and doom article...

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dan Le Retard just won't let our off-season die...

Does this guy have a grudge or what? He's going on and on about our off-season and obviously doesn't relize that everyone has moved on, but him. Time to wake up Danny boy, and get with the program and quit talking old news!! And Dan, the only mess around here is the one you have stinking up the joint, in your jockey shorts! Now, go wipe your Ricky and put on a fresh pair!!!

Steve

Note: I changed the title because in fairness, he did try and be positive in the end. It wasn't the typical gloom and doom and I made a mistake to imply that, but dang I'm sick and tired of hearing about the off-season.

Ooops, well I tried to change the title, but I guess a mod is gonna have to do it.

Dan Le Retard thinks the Dolphins have a huge mess!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9332273.htm?

i emailed that bastard today, i cant belive the crapy he has been writing... at the end of my letter i said "say 'high' to ricky for me"

igor79 said:
i emailed that bastard today, i cant belive the crapy he has been writing... at the end of my letter i said "say 'high' to ricky for me"
:lol:

Um, where's the problem? Name one thing that LeBatard wrote that's not true, or is even questionably true. I don't want to play Matt's fin-atic role here, but our offseason *HAS* been a mess. Sure, there have been a lot of good things that have happened (OL rebuild, Boston looking good, Feeley looking good, Chambers contract), and yes, Rick Spielman looks like the right man for the job, but still, you can't possibly look at how things have gone and say that it's been anything but a chaotic offseason.

I will, however, agree with the claim that this is "old news". This smells like one of those articles that got written some time ago, and gets pulled out of storage when he needs a story. But every writer does that at some point.

phunwin said:
Um, where's the problem? Name one thing that LeBatard wrote that's not true, or is even questionably true. I don't want to play Matt's fin-atic role here, but our offseason *HAS* been a mess. Sure, there have been a lot of good things that have happened (OL rebuild, Boston looking good, Feeley looking good, Chambers contract), and yes, Rick Spielman looks like the right man for the job, but still, you can't possibly look at how things have gone and say that it's been anything but a chaotic offseason.

I will, however, agree with the claim that this is "old news". This smells like one of those articles that got written some time ago, and gets pulled out of storage when he needs a story. But every writer does that at some point.

I agree here a little, he ends the story with a good outlook. The one thing iwould say though is alot of those things mentioned arent going to affect how the play on the field will be IMO. some will, alot wont. randy mcmicheal is not a prob. dan marino is not a prob. spielman in and out? what the hell is he talking about?

phunwin said:

Yep, that's the point. Old news and no need to use it. It's time to move on and report on todays current events regarding the phins.

Steve

Having read and listened to Mr Retard since the RW fiasco I can only conclude that he is making as much mileage as possible out of it as im sure now that he will be persona non grata at the Dolphins. Im sure he could have tipped off management earlier, but no he chose to hold out for the exclusive that would get his bum onto TV doing the sports show rounds, I mean when was he on Sportsreporters,PTI,**** nearly every other show this often. Im waiting to see him on Oprah next as a drug councellor to the stars.

I still think that given RW's talks recently with Dan Silva re the Raiders move RW's is actively using the press to further his own agenda.

I for one will not talk any more on Mr Retard, let the "Knowledgeable" sports writers write us of and trash talk us all they want , its only opinion. On the field where it matters , lets wait and see...

finfan54 said:
spielman in and out? what the hell is he talking about?

He means that we interviewed eight people for the GM job and tried to hand it to Ron Wolf on a silver platter before settling on Spielman. It looked, for all intents and purposes, like Spielman was gone.

SWS84 said:
on the phins off-season. Does this guy have a grudge or what? He's going on and on about our off-season and obviously doesn't relize that everyone has moved on, but him. Time to wake up Danny boy, and get with the program and quit talking old news!! And Dan, the only mess around here is the one you have stinking up the joint, in your jockey shorts! Now, go wipe your Ricky and put on a fresh pair!!!

Steve

Dan Le Retard thinks the Dolphins have a huge mess!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9332273.htm?
Did you read the entire article?

Paul Mad ScotPZ said:
Having read and listened to Mr Retard since the RW fiasco I can only conclude that he is making as much mileage as possible out of it as im sure now that he will be persona non grata at the Dolphins. Im sure he could have tipped off management earlier, but no he chose to hold out for the exclusive that would get his bum onto TV doing the sports show rounds, I mean when was he on Sportsreporters,PTI,**** nearly every other show this often. Im waiting to see him on Oprah next as a drug councellor to the stars.

Huh?
LeBatard is a sportswriter, he's not a front office guy. It's not his responsibility to call up Wannstedt and say, "hey Dave, Ricky Williams is thinking about retiring. Just thought you'd like to know." In any event, how's Wannstedt going to take something like that, coming from LeBatard as opposed to Williams or Leigh Steinberg? What's more, Wannstedt knew Williams was unhappy, and said "let's talk about it later."
Persona non grata with the Dolphins? Are you serious? The guy's been writing on the Phins forever and is well regarded just about everywhere except by a few people on this message board.

You're more than entitled to your opinion on whether he's a good writer or not, but don't expect him to act as an unofficial front office guy.

phunwin said:
Huh?
LeBatard is a sportswriter, he's not a front office guy. It's not his responsibility to call up Wannstedt and say, "hey Dave, Ricky Williams is thinking about retiring. Just thought you'd like to know." In any event, how's Wannstedt going to take something like that, coming from LeBatard as opposed to Williams or Leigh Steinberg? What's more, Wannstedt knew Williams was unhappy, and said "let's talk about it later."
Persona non grata with the Dolphins? Are you serious? The guy's been writing on the Phins forever and is well regarded just about everywhere except by a few people on this message board.

You're more than entitled to your opinion on whether he's a good writer or not, but don't expect him to act as an unofficial front office guy.
I stand suitable chastised in a corner, its been a bad day. I do tend to rant a little when I aint had my statutory 8 cups of coffee. I guess Im fed up seeing his mug everywhere reminding me how bad our offseason has been. A case of shoot the messenger I think.

Paul Mad ScotPZ said:
I stand suitable chastised in a corner, its been a bad day. I do tend to rant a little when I aint had my statutory 8 cups of coffee. I guess Im fed up seeing his mug everywhere reminding me how bad our offseason has been. A case of shoot the messenger I think.

It's all good. I've had my 2 cups, so I'm more or less lucid. :)

Dolfan954 said:
Did you read the entire article?

Yea, sure did. I saw the title, "The Dolphins Have a Huge Mess", and a sub-title of,"Low Expections May Be Good for the Dolphins", and after a page and a half of a recount of our off-season troubles, a little glimer of hope at the end. To me, I see no purpose in an article like this except to try and throw dirt in the faces of the Dolphins again. Why keep writing about these things? Most, if not all, of the things he listed to lower ours and the teams expectations will probably have little if any affect of doing so for most fans. As a Dolphin fan, our expectations will never change. We expect our team to win. And the players know that and will always have presure to win, low expectations or not. If someone wants to see a reason to win, forget the off-season, and look at the 90 guys busting their butt, and look no further.

Steve

igor79 said:
I just wrote back to him right now also...I said maybe he should just cut his vains already.:shakeno: Who needs his stinking articles.?

so what, the only thing that hurt the team ON the field is the retiremtent by TAFKARW, the rest that has happened has nothing to do what will happen ON the field, last time i checked the players have to do it on the field, so this article indeed is just pure crap

Back
Top Bottom