Dan Le Retard and another gloom and doom article... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Le Retard and another gloom and doom article...

Ever since Edwin Pope put the pen to the paper on the Ricky situation I've somewhat forgotten about Lebatard's articles. He's got a job to do as a COLUMNIST and right now the Dolphins are "easy pickings". He's still taking the low road but that's fine.

In my eyes he's been admonished by one of the best writers in Miami sports history. (To boot) it was by a colleague that possesses the upper hand in opinion based articles in the same paper that he writes.

IMO Lebatard has been a very good cynic. What I think he has failed to realize is that for the experienced audience it is far more difficult to find the positives to embellish a story for the reader. I just wonder how long it will take him to figure it out.

He should smoke some of Ricky's stuff and read some philosophy :huh:
Maybe he has been reading too much Machiavelli........
And you are to understand that a prince, and most of all a new prince, cannot observe all those rules of conduct in respect whereof men are accounted good, being often forced, in order to preserve his Princedom, to act in opposition to good faith, charity, humanity, and religion. He must therefore keep his mind ready to shift as the winds and tides of fortune turn, and, as I have already said, he ought not to quit good courses if he can help it, but should know how to follow evil courses if he must.

I don't think the article was all that bad. It's not like he made anything up and his job is to report.:goof: I personally enjoy reading his articles, specially ESPN the mag, they always have interesting perspective JMO. Anyway, I kinda agree with him I like this underdog label this year and I think it'll translate to more fire on the field. Every year the teams that make it deep into the playoffs and superbowl have one message: We made it! Give us our damn respect nobody thought we would make it but we knew we could etc.. This seems to be what fires up the players more than coaches, good play, team captains, etc.. Hopefully, it has the same effect on our players and they come out trying to prove everyone wrong.:beerbang:

This guy gets paid? All he did was reiterate (for the two thousandth time) the same "news" we've been hearing for months now. I think the Herald needs to reevaluate its staff.

My biggest problem was his bringing out some bad news items without mentioning any of the resolutions that have followed.

For instance:

The arrest of Randy McMichael. And his pregnant newlywed wife.

And their being cleared of all charges.

And the knee surgery on another [start linebacker].

And the fact that his quick recovery will mean he'll miss only portion of the preseason, if that.

The biggest free agent acquisition arriving with a past that includes cocaine, headaches, suspensions and two disgusted former employers.

Only to become a model citizen in training camp and reach his ideal playing weight.

While GM guru Ron Wolf turns down even a consulting position.

Because he wanted to be hired elsewhere so he could quit there.

I understand th epoint of the article isn't to bash the Dolphins. But again, many things he speaks of are no longer issues.

I normally don't like LeRetard, but I think this particular article was right on target and didn't end in his typical "Doom and Gloom" scenario. For those of you that sent him nasty e-mails, you should have actually read this article and not have assumed it was LeRetard's typical debauchery. You should have saved your comments for when he really deserved it. And he will... But I think in this article Dan may be trying to get back on our good side again...

He gets to have it both ways!

And I find that really annoying. If the Phins collapse - which I am cautiously optimistic that they will not - he was right. And if they do great he was right. So in essence, after hearing this guy go on national radio and pontificate about how great a guy Ricky is after his ultimate cowardly move in abandoning his teammates, I conclude this guy saw himself in Ricky's great escape and he too is the ultimate coward. How does a fool and a coward like that get such a cushy job?

Raving

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
This guy gets paid? All he did was reiterate (for the two thousandth time) the same "news" we've been hearing for months now. I think the Herald needs to reevaluate its staff.
I also found his article to made of regurgitated information. I would much prefer another writer at the Herald on the Dolphins beat whether some people find Le Batard (which means Bastard in French if you circumflex the first a) to be in high regard or not. :tongue:

Ricky wants to play for Oakland, coached by Norv Turner his former Offensive Coordinator in Miami who called those 392 carries in 2003 that he complains so much about.:goof:

He may be well regarded. But as long as I can remember, he's been one of the few "hometown" writers that continually dogs the organization. Yes, we have had a horrible offseason. But how many things did our FO really screw up. They went after ALL of the top OL free agents. We had a good draft on paper. Sure, we didn't go after TO, but I think Boston will fit our team better anyway. If we would have had ANY inclination that Ricky would retire, I'm sure either Jackson, Bell, or one of the Jones' would be on our roster. Really, the biggest knocks against us are not getting Ogun signed, letting Todd Wade go, and trading our 2nd pick for another teams 3rd string QB. He may very well be the best QB we've had since Danny, but that's still unknown.

I think once the season is under way, LeBastard will either be sitting back writing "I told you so's" or he'll be trying to cover his rear while we're playing so well. It's too early to tell right now. He's doing the same as us, speculating. He just gets paid to do it.

phunwin said:
Um, where's the problem? Name one thing that LeBatard wrote that's not true, or is even questionably true. I don't want to play Matt's fin-atic role here, but our offseason *HAS* been a mess. Sure, there have been a lot of good things that have happened (OL rebuild, Boston looking good, Feeley looking good, Chambers contract), and yes, Rick Spielman looks like the right man for the job, but still, you can't possibly look at how things have gone and say that it's been anything but a chaotic offseason.

I will, however, agree with the claim that this is "old news". This smells like one of those articles that got written some time ago, and gets pulled out of storage when he needs a story. But every writer does that at some point.

Ah the problem IS that LeRetard has lost ANY credibility with his steadfast support of the reefer Queen - RW's !!! Not that LeRetard had much before this soap opera began but ZERO credibility NOW,, he is as much of a LOSER as his spit swapping buddie !!!!

To support RW's is one thing but after all the lies and drug use references that have come out since the initial announcement,, Le Retard is a fool and a Williams TOOL ....

:goof:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom