dan reeves in miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dan reeves in miami?

dan reeves is a good coach i mean look what he done in denver.all good yes. i mean come on his first year in atlanta in 1998 he took the falcons to a superbowl to face the defending superbowl champions and his old team the denver broncos i mean none else has done any of this for us in miami so honestly what is wrong with giving dan reeves a shot at turning us around?

No way to Reeves!!!!!! I want Saban. He's young, bright and has NFL experience. Besides, he knows Belichek's way of thinking. he turned around both Mich State and LSU right away.

Originally posted by inFINSible

He's an up and coming young coach of Pee Wee football in Tampa....He runs a hybrid west coast/wishbone offense that uses alot of motion...He is excellent at getting miss matches on defensive personel......He is hard on his players with rumors that he will have them do hours of shuttle runs for committing penalties in practice. Most of his ex-players who now play for the 12-15 year old junior league hate the guy but they begrudgingly admit that he made men out of them.

And if it's fire on the sidelines you're looking for, this guy is THE MAN....He has been arrested twice, once for punching out a referee after a controversial two point conversion call that cost his team a shot at the county title, and once for hitting a players' father who was heckling him from a lawnchair behind the bench.

He is known for getting his players to play up to...and beyond the whistle.

We need to snatch this guy up before, some high school or JUCO realizes his talent.

GET HIM NOW!!!!!!

:lol:

I posted this once before in the "Why not Dan Reeves?" thread:

This is why not Dan Reeves:

23 Years as a head coach

12 Winning Seasons
9 Losing Seasons
2 500 Seasons

7 of the last 9 Seasons were losing seasons

He's an up and coming young coach of Pee Wee football in Tampa....He runs a hybrid west coast/wishbone offense that uses alot of motion...He is excellent at getting miss matches on defensive personel......He is hard on his players with rumors that he will have them do hours of shuttle runs for committing penalties in practice. Most of his ex-players who now play for the 12-15 year old junior league hate the guy but they begrudgingly admit that he made men out of them.

And if it's fire on the sidelines you're looking for, this guy is THE MAN....He has been arrested twice, once for punching out a referee after a controversial two point conversion call that cost his team a shot at the county title, and once for hitting a players' father who was heckling him from a lawnchair behind the bench.

We need to snatch this guy up before, some high school or JUCO realizes his talent.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Originally posted by dolphinfan34
dan reeves is a good coach i mean look what he done in denver.all good yes. i mean come on his first year in atlanta in 1998 he took the falcons to a superbowl to face the defending superbowl champions and his old team the denver broncos i mean none else has done any of this for us in miami so honestly what is wrong with giving dan reeves a shot at turning us around?

No one is denying that he was a great coach. The key word is WAS. His best days are behind him.

From 1994-2003, Reeves record is as follows (playoffs in parenthesis)....

9-7
5-11
6-10
7-9
14-2 (2-1)
5-11
4-12
7-9
9-6-1 (1-1)
3-10

Not very impressive.

mercy, sounds just like the badass coach we need to whip all of our prima donas into shape and pronto !!! :lol:

Now do you honestly believe that any kids father would heckle anybody from the sidelines??? i never did!! :eek:

Ooops, I just told my "first" lie !!! :evil: :lol: :D

Originally posted by Expo88

Again, Wanny is better than Reeves. Yes, we could do worse than Reeves, but not much. If he comes here there will literally be a revolt amongst fans as he would be one of the worst possible options for this franchise. The fact of the matter is, Reeves WILL NOT be coaching anywhere in the NFL again next year- and perhaps not ever again- because he simply is not a coach who can get the job done.

Uuh, when has Wanny ever gotten the job done? I'm not even a fan of Reeves at all, but at least he's been to several SBs. Alot more than can be said for Wanny.

Originally posted by Muck

No one is denying that he was a great coach. The key word is WAS. His best days are behind him.

From 1994-2003, Reeves record is as follows (playoffs in parenthesis)....

9-7
5-11
6-10
7-9
14-2 (2-1)
5-11
4-12
7-9
9-6-1 (1-1)
3-10

Not very impressive.

But more impressive than Wanny's tho, eh?? ;)

Originally posted by canephin
I just heard it on NFL today and if its on there then you know it must really be getting considered, how many of you want this guy?

I would rather Wannstedt stay as head coach then hire Reeves !!

:goof:

Marino1983

No reeves!!!

No Reeves and PLEASE no JJ again!! This is the guy that promised a SB and then let Dan stay in a game he had no business being in (JAX playoff...62-?). I don't know of anyone that is out there that can help out. If you really look at the offense it would point to Norv Turner and the play calling matching the personnel. Ricky is great but there is no Michael Irvin or Troy Aikman. Oronde is the only receiver willing to put his body out there and McMichael is Novacek like. Chambers is developing. McKnight is useless and Derrius whines. I'd like to see Griese with a full offseason and preseason and maybe even a guy from up north by the name of Brunell. He's getting jobbed up in Jax and still has it as was seen before the elbow injury. Food for thought?

Back
Top Bottom