dan reeves in miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dan reeves in miami?

I always liked JJ.
I would rather have Jerry Glanville then Reeves.

:woot:

Originally posted by blingbling2334

First off, coaches from the College Football have a history of not turning out well in their first year, so Saban shouldn't be considered.

I agree. It's an enormous jump. But Saban does have NFL experience (coached Glanville's Houston secondary, was Belichick's DC in Cleveland...excellent units). So maybe that would help him buck the trend. I like the guy. And he reportedly thinks he can win right away with us. So there could be hope.

We can do a lot worse than Dan Reeves, folks. He took a mediocre Atlanta team to the playoffs last year, when Michael Vick was his only player. This year his team struggled without Vick in the lineup, and understandably so.

Maybe he wouldnt be my number one candidate, but I still wouldnt mind seeing him come down here.

Originally posted by Surferosa
We can do a lot worse than Dan Reeves, folks. He took a mediocre Atlanta team to the playoffs last year, when Michael Vick was his only player. This year his team struggled without Vick in the lineup, and understandably so.

Maybe he wouldnt be my number one candidate, but I still wouldnt mind seeing him come down here.

Again, Wanny is better than Reeves. Yes, we could do worse than Reeves, but not much. If he comes here there will literally be a revolt amongst fans as he would be one of the worst possible options for this franchise. The fact of the matter is, Reeves WILL NOT be coaching anywhere in the NFL again next year- and perhaps not ever again- because he simply is not a coach who can get the job done.

A thousand times - NO! We don't want him. Listening to sports center over the weekend, I heard Saban, Green and/or Fassel as possibilities for Miami - I think Mort mentioned it. We do not want Reeves!

Originally posted by njfinfan
A thousand times - NO! We don't want him. Listening to sports center over the weekend, I heard Saban, Green and/or Fassel as possibilities for Miami - I think Mort mentioned it. We do not want Reeves!

Of those 3, bring in Saban only, PLEASE.

I caught the very end of that on "NFL Today" on Sunday......

I don't think they should even be mentioning something like that before the end of the season. Dave and the Phinz still have three games left, and the Broncos aren't going to beat both the Colts and Packers away from Denver IMO....:D

I think D. Reeves is a fine coach, but not the correct choice for the Phinz. I would rather give Dave another year with these guys than hire D. Reeves. D. Reeves is not the guy...

I've always been in favor of hiring Denny Green. He's another one of those B. Walsh guys, and he's a very disciplined coach. He'd be a very excelllent choice for this team IMO.....

No college coaches please.

Util we're out, we're in. Dave is the coach, so he's our man right now. Let's at least give him a chance while he's still got one. He could end up proving us all wrong.....:pirate:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

IZ that anybody WE know??? :lol: :lol:

He's an up and coming young coach of Pee Wee football in Tampa....He runs a hybrid west coast/wishbone offense that uses alot of motion...He is excellent at getting miss matches on defensive personel......He is hard on his players with rumors that he will have them do hours of shuttle runs for committing penalties in practice. Most of his ex-players who now play for the 12-15 year old junior league hate the guy but they begrudgingly admit that he made men out of them.

And if it's fire on the sidelines you're looking for, this guy is THE MAN....He has been arrested twice, once for punching out a referee after a controversial two point conversion call that cost his team a shot at the county title, and once for hitting a players' father who was heckling him from a lawnchair behind the bench.

He is known for getting his players to play up to...and beyond the whistle.

We need to snatch this guy up before, some high school or JUCO realizes his talent.

Back
Top Bottom