Dane Brugler's updated list of his Top 100 NFL Draft prospects- interesting!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dane Brugler's updated list of his Top 100 NFL Draft prospects- interesting!!!!

For me the problem is that "listed" weights are so often fictional. They tend to be exaggerated for smaller guys and minimized for big guys (generally). We know for a fact that that Chad Johnson played at 170 lbs (by his own admission). His "listed" weight was 188 lbs. That's almost a 20 lb difference. Back when I was more involved in this stuff, that was not unusual (listed weights being 20 lbs off, up or down, from actual weights). In fact, I would say it was the norm. So creating some arbitrary narrative that 180 lbs is okay but 170 lbs is too light makes no sense. What makes sense to me is looking at film. And by every measure we see on film, Smith is one of the best players ever.
Thats exactly how all this "weight" drama came into play. He was listed at 175lbs which isnt too bad at all and no one cared. Then, one of Smith's teammates ratted him out that he was closer to 160lbs. That is what started all this. But, apparently the rumor was absolutely true as Smith refused to weigh in on several occasions. He only weighed in after months of not playing and came in at 170lbs. Thats a concern. What is his playing weight if he only managed to beef up to 170lbs? 160?

Nope, at the combine he was 6-3.6, 193 pounds. He may have got up to 210 in the NFL, but he was skinny in college.
His College weight is listed at 210 which is what I said. I didnt mention what he weighed at the combine. But, I digress and see your point. You must realize you are only strengthening my case? Moss weighed 25lbs more than Smith while being 2 inches taller and you are calling him "skinny" (your words). So if Moss was skinny, what does that make Smith?

Last edited:
Multiple national championship, 4 years of Film, Heisman trophy, one of the most productive seasons of all time..

Screw a pro day, wasted energy..

So college production and Heisman Trophies are all that matters..along with National Titles.

Paging TIM TEBOW!

:lol:
Unlike all you US alumni with your college biases, i have no dog in this race. What I'd like to know from those who say he's too skinny to play in the pros...

Please show me the list of players at Smith's weight (let's say 170) and height and of roughly similar ability (ie very top tier college prospect) who have failed in the pros. Let's not even limit it to those who clearly failed due to their physique.

I have no idea how long or short that list is. Genuinely. So let's get it down on "paper" and then we can use it to estimate whether Smith too is likely to struggle. Until then, it's all just conjecture, imo.

Unlike all you US alumni with your college biases, i have no dog in this race. What I'd like to know from those who say he's too skinny to play in the pros...

Please show me the list of players at Smith's weight (let's say 170) and height and of roughly similar ability (ie very top tier college prospect) who have failed in the pros. Let's not even limit it to those who clearly failed due to their physique.

I have no idea how long or short that list is. Genuinely. So let's get it down on "paper" and then we can use it to estimate whether Smith too is likely to struggle. Until then, it's all just conjecture, imo.

It was a joke.

It was a joke.
I get that. But don't pretend you're not a major participant in the Smith debate and whether he's too skinny to be a successful pro. So let's review the data and we can all make up our minds after that.

Who has failed for being too skinny?

I get that. But don't pretend you're not a major participant in the Smith debate and whether he's too skinny to be a successful pro. So let's review the data and we can all make up our minds after that.

Who has failed for being too skinny?
Desean Jackson is soon as super skinny..he's been a "Success" but can never stay healthy...there's one for ya!

The only good one is Starvin Marvin Harrison.

There have been guys mentioned Like Chad Johnson and Desean Jackson but whatever their height/weight numbers were they did not have the frighteningly skinny body that Smith has.

It can not be denied.

How big a problem it will be for him is debatable but I can't see a scenario where he does not have some durability issues because of his frame.

The only good one is Starvin Marvin Harrison.

There have been guys mentioned Like Chad Johnson and Desean Jackson but whatever their height/weight numbers were they did not have the frighteningly skinny body that Smith has.

It can not be denied.

How big a problem it will be for him is debatable but I can't see a scenario where he does not have some durability issues because of his frame.

Which is why I'll bet $50 with anybody that wants to gamble that any receiver of their choice suffers an injury before Smitty does. Just to prove how much nonsense goes on in here.

I tried to make this bet last year with Tua and Burrow.

All they have to do is pick any WR they want and we'll bet $50 on it. That's not too high. But it's high enough to find out what somebody truly believes compared to what they try to convince people on the internet that they believe.

70% of what you read on fan message boards is bullsh^t - only slightly less than what you read in the media.

Hey Pach you get Simon's draft guide? I think you've liked some of his stuff in the past.

Immense load of work he did on this and it's only like $4.

Hey Pach you get Simon's draft guide? I think you've liked some of his stuff in the past.

Immense load of work he did on this and it's only like $4.

I like a lot of his work. And I absolutely loved listening to him talk when I listened to your podcast a time or two a while back. That accent kills me - As I'm sure mine would kill him.

Tell him I'd give him $4 just to hear him read what's on the cover. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom