Danny Amendola Among Top Nfl Wrs On Crossing Routes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Amendola Among Top Nfl Wrs On Crossing Routes

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
NFL-Route-Tree-averages-768x432.jpg

5. Danny Amendola, Miami Dolphins (formerly w/ New England) – 117.6 WR Rating
For many years, Amendola was quarterback Tom Brady’s most reliable target and often came to the rescue in clutch situations. In 2017, Amendola was targeted on crossing routes more than any other route and he ended the campaign with 15 catches from 21 targets for 202 yards and one touchdown. All told, a staggering 86.7 percent of his receptions resulted in either a first down or a touchdown, which was the second-best mark among receivers with at least 15 targets.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-nfl-wrs-on-crossing-routes

I expect similar things here....him and Tannehill are gonna get along just fine, and frankly, I do not think our offense is going to have any shortfall in production based on the departure of Landry.

Just my take based on our scheme, Landry's talent/fits, and what else we have.

I expect similar things here....him and Tannehill are gonna get along just fine, and frankly, I do not think our offense is going to have any shortfall in production based on the departure of Landry.

100% agreement from me.

My only gripe is his injury history. He won't have much production if he is not on the field.

The most important thing that I think Amendola brings to the team is his experience and knowledge of the game. If he can teach the younger receivers how to prepare and execute, then he will earn his salary. Any production is just a bonus. The team has some talented young receivers (Carroo, Grant, Ford, Parker, etc) that could use some grooming to take the next step. Hopefully he is willing and able to take on a player/mentor role and will make the entire WR room better.

Agree. I like juices passion, but his talent and skill arent going to set an offense apart...especially at 15 million a year or whatever it is he got

I think alot of us are delusional at what we lost w/ Landry. Say what you want about his behavior, he had the heart of a lion and a desire to be great. He wanted to win more than anybody and I for one am gunna miss the guy playing for us every Sunday

Last edited:
I think alot of us are delusional at what we lost w/ Landry. Say what you want about his behavior, he had the heart of a lion and a desire to be great. He wanted to win more than anybody and I for one am gunna miss the guy playing for us every Sunday
I think it's fair to say he was competitive and emotional on the field. I don't think that because he was outwardly emotional that it's fair to say he wanted to win more than anyone. I think it's controversial to say he wanted to be great given the allegations that he didn't do the mental prep and learn the playbook. Wanting to be great includes being willing to do what it takes before the game.

I enjoyed watching him except when he had silly penalties. I wish him well. I hope we find new players to get excited about this year and I see some great candidates!

Take out the name "Landry" and insert the name "Bess" and I swear I saw that exact quote a few years ago.

He did not "want to win" more than anybody. Those types of quotes are so meaningless.

He was a great WR, no doubt about it. That being said, his production was equatable to a ton of short catches. It's replacable when spread throughout the slew of WRs we have on the roster. I honestly think we'd have a harder time replaces Still's production because of his speed, and ability to open up the deep game.

Am I saying that Stills is better than Landry? No. But the production can be replaced.

That rating should drop quite a bit unless he is able to break a long one for a TD.

Could care less that he is top 5 receiver in crossing routes, hopefully he remains healthy and turns some of those crossing routes into wins.

Back
Top Bottom