Dare I say "I told you so"? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
When the draft came and went I was pretty vocal on this board about the selection of a Linebacker with the first pick. I have no problem with the quality of athlete that Eddie Moore is, I just thought we had a bigger priority. That being offensive line. Back up linebackers can be found in later rounds ala Corey Jenkins. But there were two or three highly regarded linemen there we could now desperately use.

Now Mr. Moore is out for the season and the lack of depth at offensive line is a major concern. Mark Dixon who is out "indefinitely" may miss the opener, maybe more.

We now look to a late round rookie to fill arguably the most important spot on the line. We would have had to do the same if we drafted a rookie LT with the first pick, but I like the prospects of a second round talent filling that spot.

Now before everyone gets all huffy and jumps in my face, I am not freaking out about all of this. I am in no way implying that we can not find ways around this and still be successful. I think we can. We may still bring in a Richmond Webb or a released Free Agent who can help us out. I trust Norv and Speilman to do the best that can be done.

However the word "vulnerable" comes to mind. We are truly vulnerable and may end up paying dearly for not addressing what was the biggest need going into the offseason. The offensive line. Many of us felt that this was a huge oversight and we paid for our opinions dearly in this forum.

What I ask is for those of you who so eagerly jump on the defensive when criticisim is waged, to stop and think. Maybe, just maybe sometimes, there are some valid points behind those comments which seem so negative.

Anti-logic.

Try thinking about this. When our pick came around to Eddie Moore, what LTs were available? I'll name them for you.

1. Wayne Hunter
2. Brett Williams
3. Wade Smith

Guess which guy the coaches liked the most, out of them. Can you guess? Wade Smith. They did not like Wayne Hunter, they did not think Brett Williams could be a LT, but they liked Wade Smith.

So if you had your way with the #49 pick in the draft the Miami Dolphins select....Wade Smith! A full round ahead of where we could have gotten him in the 3rd. But, magically his newfound SECOND ROUND status instead of his THIRD ROUND status gives him the power and stamina to not be handled by Jason Taylor everyday in practice.

Sorry dude, but if you're gonna harp on somethin the Phins did or didn't do in the draft, try and look more closely at the situation.

Right now this "second round talent" that you speak of is fictional. All there was, was Wayne Hunter, Brett Williams, and Wade Smith. Williams lasted all the way to like the 4th round I believe, and Wayne Hunter went in the 3rd round which was fine with the Phins, since the coaches wanted Wade Smith. Oh yeah, Seth Wand was also drafted in round 3 before Wade Smith, but we never even considered him. I think he's gonna be a bust.

If you wanna come on here, start a thread entitled "I told ya so" and then say something like the Phins should have drafted Wayne Hunter in round 2 rather than Eddie Moore, thats all fine and good. But don't be like "a 2nd round talent could have been better than Wade Smith" That just shows ignorance to the actual situation.

Bottom line, if the coaches forced themselves to take a tackle at #49, it would have been Wade Smith.

I just LOVE when an injury to a rookie brings out the "I told ya so" people saying we shouldn't have drafted them.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I just LOVE when an injury to a rookie brings out the "I told ya so" people saying we shouldn't have drafted them.
:laugh:

Dude that Alizee chick...I would tear that balloon knot apart. Thats right folks, CK would tear that anus apart.

hindsight is 20-20. ok kreskin, what would you have done?

Look..

this isn't hindsight..most of us trashed this guy in the BEGINNING. I never wanted him drafted, I fell for the line that this guy was doing good in training camp ( whether true or not ), and now the guy who we knew had an injury history is what??? Injured. Big surprise. We should have picked someone else and that's not hindsight.

Re: Look..

Originally posted by erralyn
this isn't hindsight..most of us trashed this guy in the BEGINNING. I never wanted him drafted, I fell for the line that this guy was doing good in training camp ( whether true or not ), and now the guy who we knew had an injury history is what??? Injured. Big surprise. We should have picked someone else and that's not hindsight.

Who would have you picked?

Just about anyone

Just about anyone would be better than a LB with an injury history who was predicted to go far later.

Yes, we know draft boards don't always mean anything.

Yes, a case could be made that selecting a LB filled a depth need.

The injury history was known and has now come into play.

I like Wannstedt, and drafting this player was in my opinion the worst move he has ever made as a head coach.

Pick someone, pick anyone..but Eddie Moore ( yes I got his name right this time..I think )

So since you told everyone on the forum so, Who should they have picked? It is real easy to second guess who they picked, so who was the obvious choice that they missed out on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude that Alizee chick...I would tear that balloon knot apart. Thats right folks, CK would tear that anus apart.

I can't believe you typed, "balloon knot"!

:roflmao:

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem..

As I just said, any choice would have been better than Eddie Moore. I didn't study the draft boards heavily then and I'm not going to now, but with his injury history...

..no justification for picking this guy. Look, he got injured..just like the book on him indicated he would. Let's get this guy on the injured reserve ASAP so we can take his fat backup salary off our cap for this year ( however much we save ).

:evil: OH YEAH!!! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom