Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

Re: Ahem..

Originally posted by erralyn
As I just said, any choice would have been better than Eddie Moore. I didn't study the draft boards heavily then and I'm not going to now, but with his injury history...

..no justification for picking this guy. Look, he got injured..just like the book on him indicated he would. Let's get this guy on the injured reserve ASAP so we can take his fat backup salary off our cap for this year ( however much we save ).

So another words, the book predicted that Eddie would be hurt so we should have drafted me instead?

Anyone else but Eddie is pretty weak... :lol:

So name someone that would have been better to pick? Can't name anyone can you! I wonder what you thought when they drafted Zach Thomas, you probably knew that pick would work out.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Dude that Alizee chick...I would tear that balloon knot apart. Thats right folks, CK would tear that anus apart.
clear.gif

Everything I read..

Everything I read about this guy on draft day indicated we picked him wayyyyyy too early given all the factors, injury history not least among them. 'With the Dolphin's 2nd round pick, they select...a dislocated foot'

All of you Moore supporters are entitled to your opinion, me and the other Eddie non supporters were quiet as supposedly he had a good training camp ( whatever that means ), and now he's down from an injury which fits his history of injuries.

Draft another O-lineman, draft another TE, draft a project a CB, draft a QB..just don't draft Eddie Moore in that situation.

I still support Wannstedt, think he's a great coach and he lets Spielman make great personel decisions..

..but this pick sucked.

Again, pick a player drafted in the 2nd round after our pick..I'd be happier with ANY ONE of them.

Re: Everything I read..

Everything I read about this guy on draft day indicated we picked him wayyyyyy too early given all the factors, injury history not least among them. 'With the Dolphin's 2nd round pick, they select...a dislocated foot'

All of you Moore supporters are entitled to your opinion, me and the other Eddie non supporters were quiet as supposedly he had a good training camp ( whatever that means ), and now he's down from an injury which fits his history of injuries.

Draft another O-lineman, draft another TE, draft a project a CB, draft a QB..just don't draft Eddie Moore in that situation.

I still support Wannstedt, think he's a great coach and he lets Spielman make great personel decisions..

..but this pick sucked.

Again, pick a player drafted in the 2nd round after our pick..I'd be happier with ANY ONE of them.

I am not a Moore supporter, I am also inclined to think that second round picks USUALLY don't produce in thier first year anyway.

But who would have you selected?

BOONE, you are killin me over here :eek:

Puncho, excellent excellent post.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Dude that Alizee chick...I would tear that balloon knot apart. Thats right folks, CK would tear that anus apart.

This is the funniest thing I've read on the board yet.

Ck the Butt Pirate :pirate:

In reply..

In Reply to Puncho's excellent post..

...wasn't Zach a 5th round pick?

You don't pick injury laden projected undrafted( on several boards) players with your 2nd rounder.

...Well, you can..but then they get injured in the first preseason game.

Re: In reply..

In Reply to Puncho's excellent post..

...wasn't Zach a 5th round pick?

You don't pick injury laden projected undrafted( on several boards) players with your 2nd rounder.

...Well, you can..but then they get injured in the first preseason game.

Zack was the 22nd Pick in the 5th round.

And for his injuries (Note the PLAYED EVERY GAME THE LAST THREE SEASONS:

Eddie Moore
OLB | (6-0, 237, 4.6) | TENNESSEE
By Pro Football Weekly

Notes: Played every game the last three years. Saw limited action in 1999. Became a top backup and special-teams star in 2000. Started in '01 despite a shoulder injury he suffered before the start of the season and waited until after the season to undergo surgery. Had three stops in '99; 34 tackles with 16 on special teams in 2000; and 81 tackles, seven tackles for loss, two sacks and six passes broken up in '01. Sat out the spring of '02 after undergoing left shoulder surgery. Started 12 games at strong-side linebacker in '02, making 100 tackles, 7½ tackles for loss, six passes broken up and three sacks. Missed Peach Bowl while recovering from knee surgery. Named second-team All-Southeastern Conference by the coaches. Knee injury prevented him from running or jumping at the Combine, and Moore chose not to lift.

Positives: Very active and productive vs. the run and pass. Good blitzing and using his hands. Anticipates well with good change of direction. Cuts through traffic and gets good leverage. Has good hips and drop angles. Top special-teams player. Good athletic ability, quickness, agility and balance. Great explosiveness. Plays bigger than he is. Good in space and in drops. Good football intelligence. Calls defensive signals. Plays downhill and flies all over the field.

Negatives: Does not have ideal size for the position, although he plays similar to Derrick Brooks. Overruns plays in the open field.

Summary: Undersized strong safety/weak-side linebacker tweener who might be able to play linebacker in a Tony Dungy type of defensive scheme where the "Will" 'backer is protected and generally playing against air.

* Player biographies are provided by Pro Football Weekly.

Why can't you name someone that would have been a better pick. Have you already thrown out all of you pre draft magazines from this year? Rick Spielman does this for a living you don't and I don't, so stop second guessing them. :)

Should of, could of, would of. Tell me, what is all of this going to accomplish now... almost four months later? What if Eddie Moore becomes the next Junior Seau next season? Then, what if we never drafted him?

A lot of players have a injury history back in college, but that doesn't always mean it will follow them. Sometimes they get hit a certain way, and it's just their luck (or bad luck).

Point is, discussing this is kinda useless. I'm glad that Emskirch and many others noticed that little article on Moore... As some one pointed out before... the Dolphins FO wanted Wade Smith... and they most likely were to draft him as their first round pick, if not Eddie Moore.

Look

I like Wannstedt, and I like Spielman, but this pick as horrible.

He's injured now, he's out for the season, and I don't care if he even comes back and makes the roster next year. I'll just expect him to be even slower and probably more injury prone.

If you want me to name one, AGAIN...take any name from the list of players picked after us in the 2nd round, I'll take ANY of them.

Re: Ahem..

this isn't hindsight..most of us trashed this guy in the BEGINNING. I never wanted him drafted, I fell for the line that this guy was doing good in training camp ( whether true or not ), and now the guy who we knew had an injury history is what??? Injured. Big surprise. We should have picked someone else and that's not hindsight.

That is such a conflicting and hypocritical post. You "fell for the line" that he was doing well?? And don't know whether it's "true or not"??

Well I've got news for you: he was doing well. And I've got more news for you: people get hurt in football. Want some more?? He's never injured a foot before. It was his shoulders. Completely unrelated.

Yeah, you trashed the guy in the beginning.....because you admittedly knew nothing about him. Where's the logic in that??

Boy, you really fooled me. I thought you had changed. These posts sound exactly like they did in April.

Just about anyone would be better than a LB with an injury history who was predicted to go far later.

Yes, we know draft boards don't always mean anything.

Yes, a case could be made that selecting a LB filled a depth need.

The injury history was known and has now come into play.

I like Wannstedt, and drafting this player was in my opinion the worst move he has ever made as a head coach.

Pick someone, pick anyone..but Eddie Moore ( yes I got his name right this time..I think )

If Eddie Moore doesn't suffer an unrelated foot injury, you have no post.

As I just said, any choice would have been better than Eddie Moore. I didn't study the draft boards heavily then and I'm not going to now,

Then how the heck would you know?? You don't. You're done.

but with his injury history.....no justification for picking this guy. Look, he got injured..just like the book on him indicated he would. Let's get this guy on the injured reserve ASAP so we can take his fat backup salary off our cap for this year ( however much we save ).

Did you know that Chris Chambers was "injury prone" in college?? Does that mean we also had no business picking him (even lower than Moore)?? How about Randy McMichael?? What about Surtain?? We knew he had a degenerative knee that would cut his career short when we drafted him. How about that??

The fact is, Moore got hurt. But he didn't miss games. He's tough.

We save nothing with IR. Counts against the cap no matter what.

Re: Look

I like Wannstedt, and I like Spielman, but this pick as horrible.

He's injured now, he's out for the season, and I don't care if he even comes back and makes the roster next year. I'll just expect him to be even slower and probably more injury prone.

If you want me to name one, AGAIN...take any name from the list of players picked after us in the 2nd round, I'll take ANY of them.

You said Eddie was injury prone, did you read that article?

How many pro's have offseason surgery?

Blah Blah Blah, the pick is horrible, because he is injury prone (NOT) I will take anyone else in the second round (WHO? Doesn't matter, every other club made right decisions)

Come on, give me a break. I wonder keeping Perry on the team was a bad move. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom