Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

Boy, look at EVERYBODY coming out of the woodwork on this one. It was really quiet for a few months. Then the guy gets injured. INJURED. Not "plays poorly". Not "doesn't work hard". Gets Injured.

And it's not like we didn't chase a LT before. Wayne Gandy?? Michael Thompson?? Trading up into the 1st Round for Eric Steinbach?? Those things were never explored or attempted. Simply, "we should have gotten a LT". It's SOOOO easy nowdays. Everybody's an expert now.

Question?

Did the Saints need a LT?

Answer?

YES

Did the Saints acquire one by not trying to low-ball every freakin player that comes to town?

YES

See how easy that was?

clear.gif

Hey JS, YOU WANT GRITS WITH THAT?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that Eddie Moore was the only linebacker availiable in the second round capable of breaking his foot. If miami knew that all other linebackers had adamantium feet, then they would of drafted one of those invunrable foot linebackers.

Re: Heh

I couldn't decipher all of that.....but I'll jump in and out.

Originally posted by erralyn
It's like the Alamo..

...Eddie Moore, projected by many boards as an undrafted Free Agent..

Funny, Butch Davis said that he would have taken Moore 3 picks later. Instead, he "reached" for LB Chuan Thompson. The Bucs were also eyeing him at 64. So indeed, he would not have lasted past the 2nd Round.

...who apparently was a standout for the really bad Tennessee team last year( who cares? )...

...who we picked the BACK UP Morlon Greenwood and PERHAPS win a starting spot(at the time we had Rodgers)...

Actually, he was picked to back up all three positions.

...who many said was not looking as good as Jenkins in Training Camp...

...who we awarded with a nice big contract(not sure if it's higher than average but we're spending money on an injured guy)...

Again, you're talking out of your azz. It's a "nice big contract"....and then, in the same sentence, you admit you have no idea what his contract looks like. Fact is, it's a 5-year deal that is favorable for the team. He sacrificed so that Whitley and Smith could sign.

...is now out for the year.

And you guys are still defending him?

Why not??

As for me having changed or not as a poster, this is the one subject fans on this board have EVER called me irrational about, that should be significant.

That's exactly my point.

I don't hate this guy but I HATE the fact that we drafted him. Anyone would have been better. He might have even been around after the draft.

Disproven above.

Now you may challenge one or more points in this post, but at least some of them have to stick and they were reason enough to warn us away from picking them. [/B]

All of mine stick. Where's your factual evidence....besides the fact that Eddie Moore, like every other college athlete, got hurt??

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
I didn't know that Eddie Moore was the only linebacker availiable in the second round capable of breaking his foot. If miami knew that all other linebackers had adamantium feet, then they would of drafted one of those invunrable foot linebackers.

:lol:

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

Question?

Answer?

YES

Did the Saints acquire one by not trying to low-ball every freakin player that comes to town?

YES

See how easy that was?

clear.gif

Hey JS, YOU WANT GRITS WITH THAT?

You actually think Gandy is worth what he was paid by the AINT'S?

There has not been one, I repeat one LT available for us to sign or trade for that is worth their asking price.

Oliver...

In the end..

..one of the main reasons those of us who disapproved of the 2nd round pick Eddie Moore was his injury history.

And guess what, he's injured?

sure it could have happened to anyone, but it happened to him just like we were worried it would.

And I have suspicions that the other coaches you mentioned were laughing in private after the draft and laughing now over the fact that we wasted a 2nd rounder on Moore.

This is the only subject you or anyone would call me irrational about on the board..I'm saying that should make you rethink this pick.

Re: In the end..

..one of the main reasons those of us who disapproved of the 2nd round pick Eddie Moore was his injury history.

sure it could have happened to anyone, but it happened to him just like we were worried it would.

And I have suspicions that the other coaches you mentioned were laughing in private after the draft and laughing now over the fact that we wasted a 2nd rounder on Moore.

This is the only subject you or anyone would call me irrational about on the board..I'm saying that should make you rethink this pick.

Did you not get Muck's point with his Chambers comments?

If you want to find turd, it's not hard to find turd.

Oliver...

Question?

Answer?

YES

YES

Did the saints have more cap room?

YES

Did the saints get ride of a bunch of high priced players to create this cap room?

YES

Did the saints pay within their means?

That remains to be seen.

Did the Saints over pay?

More then likely

Erralyn... you were one of the ones wanting to pick Kelley Washington.. He as well is missing lots of time with his neck injury..

In the end....

So because this is the only subject in which you're called "irrational", that makes the Eddie Moore was questionable??

Are you kidding me??

Heh

I can promise you I was not. Maybe after the Eddie Moore pick I suggested him as one player I'd have prefer, but I would have taken any other player then and would still.

As for chamber's 'injury history'..like I said...

...along with many others I naysayed the Eddie Moore pick and in this case we were right on at least one of his many faults that I listed(not forgetting where he appeared on many draft boards and that I would have preferred picking almost any other position)

The Phins were willing to go up to $3.5 million per, if I remember correctly. The Saints topped $5 million (I believe).

Not so simple, is it.

You actually think Gandy is worth what he was paid by the AINT'S?

Who is worth what they are paid in Pro sports? It's a market thing, when there are few to chose from the price goes up and if you REALLY need one, and we did, you pay the price.

We're certainly paying now.

Like I said, the Saints needed one and got one, in fact they got the one that every writer in the country had penciled into Miami's line-up.

...along with many others I naysayed the Eddie Moore pick and in this case we were right on at least one of his many faults that I listed(not forgetting where he appeared on many draft boards and that I would have preferred picking almost any other position)

What you are not understanding is the fact that the word injury proned doesn't mean any injury. Unless the person injures nearly every part of his body year after year.

Example: Yatil Green. Had knee problems in college. Had knee problems as a pro. Injury proned.

Eddie Moore. Shoulder problems in college. Hurt his foot. Last I have heard the foot is not connected to the shoulder. Injury pronedness to be determined.

You are taking two things that are unrelated and relating them

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

Who is worth what they are paid in Pro sports? It's a market thing, when there are few to chose from the price goes up and if you REALLY need one, and we did, you pay the price.

We're certainly paying now.

Like I said, the Saints needed one and got one, in fact they got the one that every writer in the country had penciled into Miami's line-up.

Yes some players are worth ever penny they make. More to the point, Gandy is not worth the $ he was asking for or what he got paid by the AINT'S.

I'm glad they did what they did. I'd rather have T-Buck, Zgonina, Seau, Knight and Griese than just Gandy.

It's not like Dixon was going to go to the pro-bowl as a LT.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom