Darnay Scott?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darnay Scott??

Good point parrothead... I suppose it's a pipedream anyway, I doubt the front office will get very aggressive in pursuit of Darnay.
It would be nice to have him... and he would add a very legit deep threat... but your point about cap constraints makes sense. One thing for sure, we intend to keep (as it should be) Chambers, and Gadsden does make some impressive grabs (if you think about it, we need that with Jay... with Dan it would have been different). McKnight does seem to fit in with Turner's plans, so I can't see us dropping him either, I'd rather he get dropped than Oronde, however.
I simply can't see Ward amounting to much, and would love to see him replaced with better talent, but I suppose that's why he's #4.
Oh well... it would look nice to have Chambers, Scott, Gadsden and McKnight though... the opposing secondaries would have coronaries every time we brought a 4WR set!:eek:

I know I started this thred... but I don't see the reason why there is so much animosity towards Dedric Ward. Is it HIS fault he was injured last year?? Sh*t Happens! It was definitely not his fault that he was in on maybe 20 plays all year. But, every time I saw him on the field, he was making a critical 3rd down reception. (albeit it was late in the year) But, he was being brought in for maybe 2-3 downs a game, and each time he was in he contributed. That is with a cold-body, and I doubt he was seeing very many practice reps.

Personally, I think Gadsden is the odd man out. I know it is a sore spot for many fans... because he is a great guy, but the reality is, he will not be around that much longer anyways, and he doesn't really bring that much to the table. He is slow (speed-wise), doesn't have quickness in his cuts, and rarely gets seperation because of it. Sure, he has great hands but a wide receiver is supposed to! All he really has going for him is he is big and can Jump... but we already have two receivers in that same mold in McKnight and Chambers. I would prefer to see a smaller receiver with some quickness get some more snaps to vary things, instead of having 3 clones of each other on the field (with the exception that Gadsden is a hobbled version of the other two.) It's sad, because Gadsden is a classy guy, and has worked his ass off through pain to get where he is... but the reality is, he is not going to go much farther... because next time around in contract negotiations, he likely won't get an offer for more than minimum... if anything at all.

I know many fans were screaming for a guy like OJ McDuffie last year... but we had him in Dedric Ward... he just wasn't being used in that role until late in the year. And the coaches allegiances to certain players (McKnight and Gadsden) was keeping better talent off the field often (Chambers and Ward)

Back
Top Bottom