Daryl Gardener / No More Sugar Coating The DL..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daryl Gardener / No More Sugar Coating The DL.....

Thats the thing, we probably can't sign Evans unless we cut DG. Like I said, the Dolphins aren't considering cutting him as a result of this whole workout bonus ordeal and not much should be read into that, its just a way for the Phins to save themselves a little bit of money either against this year's cap or next year's cap depending on where the incentive counts. And by the way, I'm really not going to trust ANYONE'S "calculations" on here until I see some definitive numbers on Daryl Gardener's contract numbers which include signing bonus, base salaries, AND the restructuring we did earlier. Any calculations done on heresay or guesses is just voodoo capology.

That said I'm going to assume pretty much that because its after June 1st, the dolphins will indeed save money if they release Daryl Gardener. I don't know how much, but I've heard too much about the possibility of releasing Daryl Gardener to start thinking otherwise. You hear about a possible Gardener release from one source, and you can dismiss it. You hear about it from two sources, you start to wonder. You hear about it from three sources then you have to admit that there's a real basis for the speculation either stemming from something someone is saying or has already said. I pretty much trust Pro Football Talk with their rumor mill. I have personally never seen their rumor mill break a completely false story when it comes from their sources, and I've seen them break other stories WAAAAY in advance before the other more "qualified" media catches on. They broke a story a while ago about a source that told them the Dolphins were really thinking about releasing DG. That is bolstered by the Josh Evans visit because there's no way in heck we could sign Evans without doing some cap work first, and it makes most sense if we released Daryl since Evans' specialty is penetration (ie pass downs) and Daryl was the one that was supposed to rotate into the DT lineup on sack downs.

So yeah sure, my assumptions are based on deductions that are based on pure speculation and conjecture. But I'll stand them up next to anyone's "calculations" anyday til I see some definitive explanation of Daryl Gardener's exact base salary breakdown, signing bonus, guaranteed money, roster and workout bonuses, and restructuring.

I will break it down in four words Gardner won't be cut..............Now at the end of this season coaches will evaluate his performance at DE and that will determine if he gets cut next year...You can quote me on that.....

Even given all the new info I'd still say its far more likely that Daryl Gardener plays in a Phins uni this season than it is that he gets cut.

But consider the fact that it was never even a possibility before and its pretty significant that the chance of him staying vs getting cut was probably 95/5 before and is now something like 70/30

Still no word from Wanny or Spielman to try a squash the rumors....I wonder why. If it is completely false then why would they want to let this become such a big issue? Why don't they just come right out and say Daryl is not going anywhere?

They 're playing some sort of game with him.

shame on you!

LMFAO!!!! I'm not gonna say a thing..... lol.... just look at these posts and think about what you fin-fans have done!!! I know more about your team than you do!!! LMAO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So you got rid of DG and did not sign Josh Evans. Are you still happy with your D-line situation? I wouldn't be.

Originally posted by Angneli
So you got rid of DG and did not sign Josh Evans. Are you still happy with your D-line situation? I wouldn't be.

I wouldn't be either if I were a Bills fan...

I think we're pretty solid on DL barring injuries ... I honestly don't think DG would have made it as far as midway through the season before needing more surgery...

Originally posted by WharfRat

I wouldn't be either if I were a Bills fan...

I'm not happy about our D-line. I do think that ours has more of an upside.

No. Our Defensive line is young Pat Williams is good. Aaron Schobel had solid rookie season and should benefit from the linebackers.

Back
Top Bottom